Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Aug 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3293438)   #1
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As usual, I'm signed up for the trip along with my dad and Uncle - goodness knows who else is coming with us.

My sister will have her A-levels but is desperate to come, my mates who came this year are all poor students, the Alfa Romeo Owners club have expressed an interest in camping with us at Houx (!), my girlfriend would like to come if she has the money and there's another group of friends we used to go with who also want to start coming again.

Everything's completely up in the air and the group could be anything between 3 and 33.

Gotta love planning it all though haven't you?
Old 28 Aug 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3295277)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We do our best bella.......
Old 28 Aug 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3295283)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you had me at "cheese" after reading reports of this year's get together to be honest. i do hope that'll be a running theme in future meetups!
Old 28 Aug 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3295302)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
you had me at "cheese" after reading reports of this year's get together to be honest. i do hope that'll be a running theme in future meetups!
I think the theme this year was a tremendous success, thanks to those who kindly supplied the vittles (as opposed to Vettels..... ). I suspect that there may well be more of the same in 2014?
Old 28 Aug 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3295359)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Perhaps we could do Cake, every country has its own favourites and they will be easier to keep, we were lucky that a friend had a fridge because the stilton was getting a little warm by the time we arrived on Wednesday. cake also goes well with wine.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 00:35 (Ref:3295472)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Excellent! Have you been before then?
in 2012, though somewhat rushed due to grindstone obligations on the thursday and monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Perhaps we could do Cake, every country has its own favourites and they will be easier to keep, we were lucky that a friend had a fridge because the stilton was getting a little warm by the time we arrived on Wednesday. cake also goes well with wine.
this is an excellent idea, though the more... persistent of le mans campsite residents would be perhaps limited to fruit cakes and the longer life variants?

le mans cricket tea, anybody?
Old 29 Aug 2013, 07:02 (Ref:3295527)   #7
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
in 2012, though somewhat rushed due to grindstone obligations on the thursday and monday

this is an excellent idea, though the more... persistent of le mans campsite residents would be perhaps limited to fruit cakes and the longer life variants?

Much to the bemusement of locals, a game of cricket has been seen on our campsite in years gone by.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3295582)   #8
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Plenty of cake can survive a Le Mans campsite, it's just a case of putting your mind to it.

A chocolate and orange variety we've made in the past has survived in perfectly edible form being sent to an old friend serving east of Suez, so I suspect the exigencies of being driven to the Loire and lurking on a campsite for a couple of days won't cause it to come to too much harm.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3295643)   #9
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
We were lucky that a friend had a fridge because the stilton was getting a little warm by the time we arrived on Wednesday.
It came to my attention after Le Mans raceweek that you had asked my friend Matthew if the Stilton could reside in my fridge and that he said no. He had been handing out fridge space to other people before and I firmly told him I was not very happy with that, and at least he did listen to me. Too bad it was your Stilton that became the victim of this. If I had been present at the moment that you came by to ask if it could be possible to keep the cheese in my fridge, you would have gotten a positive answer.

So what I was trying to say is: sorry! Next year any Stilton can be chilled in my facilities
Old 29 Aug 2013, 13:03 (Ref:3295695)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
It came to my attention after Le Mans raceweek that you had asked my friend Matthew if the Stilton could reside in my fridge and that he said no. He had been handing out fridge space to other people before and I firmly told him I was not very happy with that, and at least he did listen to me. Too bad it was your Stilton that became the victim of this. If I had been present at the moment that you came by to ask if it could be possible to keep the cheese in my fridge, you would have gotten a positive answer.

So what I was trying to say is: sorry! Next year any Stilton can be chilled in my facilities
As it happened Helen had already sorted something out, with the noisy mob with the disco and dancing platform, so the stilton survived, as did our cool box which was already beginning to suffer. Thanks anyway Vince I understand totally perhaps next year I might bring some stilton for your mate perhaps i could leave it in his sleeping bag Only joking it is much better to eat stilton than smell it. See you all next year if not before should be in Spa for the classic 6 hours in three weeks
Old 29 Aug 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3295649)   #11
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Cake's a great idea. Lots you can do with that....
Old 18 Sep 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3305687)   #12
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
ticket order placed at Nadine's for the first time as I have always booked directly through the ACO since 1991. let's wait and see...
Old 18 Sep 2013, 11:01 (Ref:3305691)   #13
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
It's about time I will do the same! Thx for the reminder!
Old 18 Sep 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3305745)   #14
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
And reply received.

"Bonjour,
I note your booking and will contact you later.
regards,
Nadine"

Roll on June
Old 18 Sep 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3305768)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well just in case she has forgotten me I to have sent a reminder to my favourite french lady
Old 18 Sep 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3305770)   #16
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well just in case she has forgotten me I to have sent a reminder to my favourite french lady
Uh-oh. Trouble in paradise?
Old 18 Sep 2013, 15:59 (Ref:3305789)   #17
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Nadine will be flooded with ticket orders today
Apart from Nobster, GT6, yours truly, a mate of mine will order his tickets too today. And maybe others too? Victor has asked me last week how to use the 'Nadine' connection.

Nobster may have caused an avalanche of requests. Maybe a little bit too early?
Booking only opens in November!
Old 19 Sep 2013, 00:03 (Ref:3305946)   #18
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
ticket order placed at Nadine's for the first time as I have always booked directly through the ACO since 1991. let's wait and see...
How do you book through Nadine? Seems like all the Tenthers are doing that.

Forgive me, for my inexperience is finally catching up to me.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 06:51 (Ref:3306032)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
How do you book through Nadine? Seems like all the Tenthers are doing that.

Forgive me, for my inexperience is finally catching up to me.
nadine.bouttier@ville-lemans.fr <nadine.bouttier@ville-lemans.fr>;

This is Nadines address at the tourist office, booking will not actually start until late October and she will send out forms for ACO members so that they can be submitted during the members only booking window once the booking is open to non members she will process those. She can not guarantee you will get what you want but ACO discounts for camping and race tickets apply and she will do all she can to help.
Simon
Old 19 Sep 2013, 10:58 (Ref:3306107)   #20
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
/selfish mode on

Maybe it's better to stop promoting her so much and openly publishing her e-mail address might not be a good idea either. (yes, I am guilty as charged too, but will stop it).
A friend of mine ordered 3 TR tickets and received an e-mail back in which she asked if 2 might not be enough?
We don't want her becoming too popular so she won't be able to help us anymore, do we, Simon?

/selfish mode off
Old 19 Sep 2013, 11:08 (Ref:3306116)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I must admit that it did worry me slightly, bearing in mind that a lot of people visit these pages without posting. Nadine is clearly the kind of contact you wouldn't want to be messed around! If you want her details removed, it can be done!
Old 19 Sep 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3306120)   #22
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Well, regarding the slighly less good experiences my friend has encountered thus far with ordering via her, I think it's a good idea to remove the e-mail address.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 13:11 (Ref:3306168)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
All well and good but I think that if part of your job was to sell tickets etc for the race (and lets say her job performance rating depends on that) then any help that we can give her will be gratefully received. If the tourist office decides it needs to cut costs then if Nadine is not being cost effective then we all lose a valuable contact, I am sure she will not thank you, and also I am sure her old regular customers will get preferential treatment(or so i hope). I do not know how others work but I always think that if you help others then they will help you, if you offer nothing in return then people soon stop helping you.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3306185)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough Simon, your call.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3306194)   #25
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Well, not much use of removing the e-mail address buried deep inside a thread when Beermountain lists it on its 'How to get tickets' page. But still wondered why James was asked to cut down on his ticket request from 3 to 2 while my order of the same amount went through no problem whatsoever (fingers crossed).