Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Closed Thread

Old 18 Oct 2006, 16:16 (Ref:1741346)   #101
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depending on traffic, within 2 hours. I did it last year for the WHT and got to Silverstone in 1 hour 45.
And I hadn't been there for years.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 16:32 (Ref:1741365)   #102
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Those who have done it before - what's a realistic travel time from Silverstone to Brands? Contemplating..
Depends on the day and time of day. Anything from 1 and 3/4 hours to 3 or more.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1741521)   #103
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know, Tim, that's the thing! I only have done similar journeys at times when traffic was quiet, not during the day (albeit a Sunday).
Old 18 Oct 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1741530)   #104
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
If you are going Sunday AM then I would think you could do it in under 2 hours. Traffic will start building later in the afternoon and be a nightmare in the evening.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 20:25 (Ref:1741532)   #105
barry barnes
Racer

England
West Kingsdown, Kent
barry barnes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysalv
happy birthday for that weekend barry . Also my birthday weekend will bring along a little something for you as a thankyou for the golf work has started on it already with a 2.0ltr engine on the way
cheers
jim(russell bradleys workmate)
My pleasure, have fun with it

Old 18 Oct 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1741536)   #106
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If we go it'll be Sun am / lunchtime ish so may be ok!
Old 18 Oct 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1741537)   #107
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would take a little longer if I navigated,a Tim!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 18 Oct 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1741544)   #108
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
It was all this talk of loafing around and not doing any work.

Tyre fitters and Ford "Technicians" came to mind, though the latter now charge ridiculous amounts for doing next to nothing.
a tyre fitter ive been called a lot in my time trust me you would not want me to fit some tyre for you . im just a plain old car sprayer
Old 19 Oct 2006, 12:05 (Ref:1742038)   #109
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Those who have done it before - what's a realistic travel time from Silverstone to Brands? Contemplating..
Doing Brands to Silverstone evening time Sept 2005 (parts in the pouring rain) took me about 2.5.

Sunday morning, and the way sam drives will be about 2hrs or less i'd have said.

Quote:
a tyre fitter ive been called a lot in my time trust me you would not want me to fit some tyre for you . im just a plain old car sprayer
In that case you could help me solve the issue of the missing paint on my front bumper...
Old 19 Oct 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1742216)   #110
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Doing Brands to Silverstone evening time Sept 2005 (parts in the pouring rain) took me about 2.5.

Sunday morning, and the way sam drives will be about 2hrs or less i'd have said.

In that case you could help me solve the issue of the missing paint on my front bumper...
chezza that aint a problem i can have a look at it for you at brands and i promise it wont be expensive green ka isnt it
Old 19 Oct 2006, 16:22 (Ref:1742230)   #111
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll probably leave it for now, but when i'm looking to sell it on I might be tempted.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 16:32 (Ref:1742241)   #112
Suze
Veteran

England
It was two hours last time but you've got to bear in mind my car isn't the quickest and I may drive!

Found a piece of paper today from 1953 which calculated Beckenham to Silverstone as 173 mins.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 22:44 (Ref:1742527)   #113
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by teej
Handy for Russell......

Do DTRC runners get a discount? Hopefully I won't have to use you next year, but it's worth checking.
Ah! so Russell was just drumming up some business at Brands earlier in the year
Old 20 Oct 2006, 19:10 (Ref:1743457)   #114
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Cherry
Ah! so Russell was just drumming up some business at Brands earlier in the year
lol sadly not the site wernt ready then but hey any advertising is good for business . but if you do need any bodywork done or need help with the winter rebuild then give me a shout at brands same goes for any dtrc teams
Old 21 Oct 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1744353)   #115
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Ahh so it's not vulcanising fluid that's affecting you, it's thinners!

Mmmmmm cellulose....

Aerosols! That's what I say!
Old 22 Oct 2006, 10:20 (Ref:1744805)   #116
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see David Oates Tigra is for sale.
A shame, ive enjoyed watching it race this year.
Very clean smart car.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 11:08 (Ref:1744855)   #117
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw that too. I'm surprised at that, as I thought he was planning to stay in DTRC next year.

There was talk of a turbo, I wonder why he's knocked that on the head? It's Class A, so he could have done pretty much anything under the present rules.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 11:35 (Ref:1744879)   #118
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
Ahh so it's not vulcanising fluid that's affecting you, it's thinners!

Mmmmmm cellulose....

Aerosols! That's what I say!
what ever rocks your boat mate lol. so we aint gonna see the blue and yellow beast at brands then?.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1744938)   #119
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I saw that too. I'm surprised at that, as I thought he was planning to stay in DTRC next year.

There was talk of a turbo, I wonder why he's knocked that on the head? It's Class A, so he could have done pretty much anything under the present rules.
Under proposed new rules he would not be allowed a turbo.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 14:50 (Ref:1745015)   #120
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera
Under proposed new rules he would not be allowed a turbo.
Why's that, then? Shame if the championship loses a good driver (and a good car that gets a lot of attention) because he can't develop it. The only thing stopping David winning overall is a bit more power.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 18:33 (Ref:1745236)   #121
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

he is planning to stay for next year, it just might be in somthing different,

yes there was talk of a turbo, the turbo rule has been disgussed at length and david knows there are options on the table, he also knows and understands why the rule is being considered, at this stage nothing has been finalised rule wise, so david selling the car isnt a result of a rule change.

it has to be remembered that getting the tigra winning races with outright speed will take more than just a turbo, he broke a half shaft last time out to certainly turbo power would mean an axle and gearbox upgrade, not to mention of brakes and a rethink on suspension set up and spring/damper rates. it would me a total re-engineering of the car, which is difficult to succesfully achive.

i'm guessing here but i think he may of come to the conclusion that a change of car is a better option than to spoil a well sorted car in the search for more speed, and possibly just end up with a string of poor performances or dnfs while he develops it.

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 22 Oct 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1745280)   #122
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Fair enough. Last time I spoke to him he seemed very keen on it.

What's the proposed turbo rule, and why?
Old 22 Oct 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1745398)   #123
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to put it quite simply we dont want someone stuffing a 500+bhp cossy engine in a 600kg car, so the proposed rule change is that spaceframe cars cannot run with forced induction

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 23 Oct 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1746227)   #124
barry barnes
Racer

England
West Kingsdown, Kent
barry barnes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham bahr
to put it quite simply we dont want someone stuffing a 500+bhp cossy engine in a 600kg car, so the proposed rule change is that spaceframe cars cannot run with forced induction
I for one agree because many Moons ago that sort of thing got out of hand and killed off Special Saloons, even I built a space framed 1300 BDA Skoda just to stay in with a chance of good results. The same sort of problem nearly killed off the BTCC with the Super Tourers (Group A was good but Group 1 1/2 was better)

David would be well advised to sell the car as is as to do all the mods required would take time money and patients !!!!!!!!!!

I know a good Toyota for sale at a sensible price and for not a lot of money it could easily morph into 4 wheel drive plus turbo !!!!!!! All standard Toyota parts as well - who's up for a challenge ?

Old 23 Oct 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1746609)   #125
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bigger challenge would be for someone to buy the BX ( a bargain at £5k inc spares) and make that a winner!