Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Sep 2002, 15:32 (Ref:379676)   #101
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be at LM Fri am latest 'till Monday. Looks like I'm at the Ibis LM central. Suggest a meal in the old town Friday evening. I have a place in mind - very good food (French south-western), excellent wines and outstanding value (which amounts to a steal by UK standards). I'm happy to book it, and have two places reserved already. Who else is up for it (max 12 in total) ?
Old 14 Sep 2002, 13:53 (Ref:380148)   #102
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like a fine idea- put us down for 3 adults and a baby (sounds like a film...)
Old 14 Sep 2002, 18:32 (Ref:380261)   #103
Stoffer Green
Rookie

Stoffer Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fab, here's a personal message for you, as I can't e-mail you direct and Aysedasi (who can) is spending the weekend with his wife in a very exotic and unlikely vehicle.............a caravan!
We are on the 1315 ferry on Thursday from Portsmouth to Cherbourg and will spend the first night with Willie and some others in the Bayeux area, but we need to find somewhere quiet and close to the circuit for the next 3 nights. Do you have any last minute suggestions? There may be 3 of us as Willie is not keen on his team's hotel at Solesmes, which is quite a distance from the circuit and rather pricey.
Cheers Stoffer
Old 15 Sep 2002, 20:04 (Ref:380922)   #104
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Stoffer Green
Fab, here's a personal message for you, as I can't e-mail you direct and Aysedasi (who can) is spending the weekend with his wife in a very exotic and unlikely vehicle.............a caravan!
We are on the 1315 ferry on Thursday from Portsmouth to Cherbourg and will spend the first night with Willie and some others in the Bayeux area, but we need to find somewhere quiet and close to the circuit for the next 3 nights. Do you have any last minute suggestions? There may be 3 of us as Willie is not keen on his team's hotel at Solesmes, which is quite a distance from the circuit and rather pricey.
Cheers Stoffer
Fab, Yes, see my e-mail as well please (I've literally just got back from sunny Devon!!).
Old 16 Sep 2002, 05:23 (Ref:381230)   #105
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Cheers Stoffer
Hello Stoffer ! I'm going to check today, but I'm afraid the hotels are quite fully booked for next week-end... I'll post here and on Ayse box as well for news...

Happy to meet you again after this year LM !!!
Old 16 Sep 2002, 05:33 (Ref:381233)   #106
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Fab, Yes, see my e-mail as well please (I've literally just got back from sunny Devon!!).
Pick up your caravan ! Some bad news for the moment : I just phoned some hotels asking them if they still have rooms for the next WE ; they answerd "Oh non monsieur !"...

Darn...
Old 16 Sep 2002, 05:51 (Ref:381240)   #107
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

I confirm the hotels are full !!!

If you wish, you can check by this URL :
http://www.ville-lemans.fr/F/INDEX.HTM
(choose on this page "hébergement", on the top)
which allow you to visualise where is which hotel in the Le Mans close area... be careful, the map is not north oriented (the track is on the right of the image).

Last edited by Fab; 16 Sep 2002 at 05:53.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 08:37 (Ref:381330)   #108
Roy M
Rookie

Roy M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kpy - are you coming down with Stefan? - if so we're all staying in the same place. I won't be there until 9.30 ish (depending on whether I dare use my radar detector or not!) but would be interested in the meal if that's not too late. Can't guarantee arrival at that time though so if us not arriving would cause hassle just leave it. Where are you thinking about - is it easy to find?

Two of us coming
Old 16 Sep 2002, 08:40 (Ref:381333)   #109
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluebottle
Sounds like a fine idea- put us down for 3 adults and a baby (sounds like a film...)
Sounds like a great film.

You're on. That makes your three plus baby, me, Stefan and Gilles Trahard from the Club Arnage forum.
Anyone else??
Let the party commence !!

Old 16 Sep 2002, 08:49 (Ref:381342)   #110
Kpy
Veteran

Hi Roy
We posted at the same time. Yes we're staying at the Ibis together. VERY low risk of radar being in place Friday evening - cops will be saving themselves for the Friday night post-disco random alcohol checks. Will add you to the list, warn the restaurant (dead easy to find) and give you directions and my mobile phone number.
Not actually travelling down with Stefan, as I live in France.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 12:19 (Ref:381487)   #111
Rcutler
Rookie

Rcutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fuel in Caen

for those of you who like to time the fuel to perfection be aware that the nearest petrol station to ouistram ferry terminal is closed for refurbishment. According to the note the nearest now is on the main Caen ring road.

See you there.

Anyone else on the 0800 sailing on Thursday from Pompy to Caen??

Old 16 Sep 2002, 14:46 (Ref:381613)   #112
Stoffer Green
Rookie

Fab, Ayse and I are grateful for your help. Even the hotel we stay at in June (which is never full) can't accomodate us now, but we are going to stay at Solesmes after all, as our Chef d'equipe has done a deal with the hotel there. We shall arrive there on Friday and make arrangements to meet you as soon as we can. Are you driving over from Nantes on the Friday or the Saturday?
I haven't seen a timetable, but Willie says that practice is on Saturday morning, following scrutineering on Friday.
I guess that you have Ayse's mobile number and that we can liaise once we have arrived in Cherbourg on Thursday.
Cheers Stoffer
Old 16 Sep 2002, 15:33 (Ref:381647)   #113
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Fab, Ayse and I are grateful for your help. Even the hotel we stay at in June (which is never full) can't accomodate us now, but we are going to stay at Solesmes after all, as our Chef d'equipe has done a deal with the hotel there. We shall arrive there on Friday and make arrangements to meet you as soon as we can. Are you driving over from Nantes on the Friday or the Saturday?
I haven't seen a timetable, but Willie says that practice is on Saturday morning, following scrutineering on Friday.
I guess that you have Ayse's mobile number and that we can liaise once we have arrived in Cherbourg on Thursday.
Cheers Stoffer
Hi Stoffer !
Well, we consider now that you have a place to stay (neither me ! Is there still a room at Solesme for me ?). Do you still need me for the team ? I'll arrive on the track on saturday morning, but if there's a real need, I could be free on friday too canceling a professionnal rendez-vous. But I'm still looking for a room !
Cheers
Fab
PS : sorry for the "personnal side" of this post, I don't have Stoffer adress, and he doesn't have mine !
Old 16 Sep 2002, 17:47 (Ref:381725)   #114
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't mind us - it's all very interesting - like a soap.

Will Fab find somewhere to stay? Who is this mysterious team that Ayse and Stoffer are working for? and will the jacket I just bought in the MossBross sales clash with my turquoise tie?
Old 16 Sep 2002, 18:16 (Ref:381751)   #115
Stoffer Green
Rookie

Stefan/Fab
Well we were going to help with an AC Cobra that Lord Cross entered and which was to be driven by my brother Willie and Barrie Williams. But.........the car has been withdrawn and so we thought we might be out of our jobs. But the fates are being kind as there are also a Lister Jaguar and a Ligier Cosworth to be raced, and we may be helpful in some capacity.
The man who is organising it all is another driver who may prefer to be anonymous - well, Ayse and I haven't met him yet, but I'm sure he would appreciate Fab's input as interpreter!
We shall see.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 22:54 (Ref:381999)   #116
Kpy
Veteran

Stoffer -

Does that make you the Christopher Green who drove an MGA and raced a Graduate at Rock forty something summers ago?

See you there

Old 17 Sep 2002, 05:40 (Ref:382110)   #117
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
I'm sure he would appreciate Fab's input as interpreter!
My english ex-teacher (who banned of the class and said "no need to come back !") should read this ! Pity it's too old now...

Be careful : I'm not sure to make the difference betwenn the clutch and the breaks ! Not talking about my accent... oh God, three days to proof-read...
Old 17 Sep 2002, 05:43 (Ref:382113)   #118
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Kpy
See you there

Kpy, do you have a shop again ? I don't think so... you'd have warn us... anyway, hope to see you there this time after having fell in founding the plot last June...

Old 17 Sep 2002, 06:24 (Ref:382124)   #119
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
WEATHER !!!

Did you check the weather forecasts ?

http://www.meteo.fr/meteonet/temps/f...rev/frprev.htm

For the next thursday-friday... RAIN !

Remember 1970' race ?

Last edited by Fab; 17 Sep 2002 at 06:26.
Old 17 Sep 2002, 07:15 (Ref:382159)   #120
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Ayse/Stoffer,

I eventualy found a room (Stefan : the story has an happy end !!!) where you seem to stay, but when I ask the personn in charge at the edsk, she said that there's no reservation at your name... please check your personnal mailbox Ayse, and say if you're in the same hôtel...

As Ayse say "Excited ? You bet I'm excited" !!!

Last edited by Fab; 17 Sep 2002 at 07:16.
Old 17 Sep 2002, 08:25 (Ref:382205)   #121
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weather.co.uk have a slightly different take ending up with a dry but cool weekend :

http://www.weather.co.uk/weather/loc...promo=template

Fingers crossed - I should be somewhere in the club area with a grey 308
Old 17 Sep 2002, 08:37 (Ref:382213)   #122
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre
Weather.co.uk have a slightly different take ending up with a dry but cool weekend
Jos, it seems you're right : they plan as well showers for thursday/friday, but dry for the WE... Meteo France doesn't go so far... hope UK Forecats are right !

Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre
I should be somewhere in the club area with a grey 308
Nice ! Do you have a pic of the beast ?
Old 17 Sep 2002, 08:43 (Ref:382224)   #123
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thankfully I'm in a hotel this time (ended up with a cold after 2001). Although it doesn't look too bad for the actual weekend.

My thursday/friday night crossing might be interesting though.
Old 17 Sep 2002, 08:53 (Ref:382236)   #124
Kpy
Veteran

Fab -
No catering this time, strictly spectating and having fun. Staying at Ibis centre with Stefan arriving Friday am to catch scrutineering.
See you there
Old 17 Sep 2002, 09:02 (Ref:382249)   #125
Stoffer Green
Rookie

Hell's bells Kpy, yes that's me MGA and Graduate at Rock millions of years ago.Now it's your turn to identify yourself! We must meet this week end.
Fab: the booking will be in the name of Neumark, will you be there too?