Old 4 Dec 2004, 17:03 (Ref:1170740)   #101
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
Rossiter was faster than Bernoldi on both his days, but both he and Adam spun off yesterday. Of the three who tested, van der Merwe looks to have done the best job.

Strangely, all the F1 websites are saying that Piquet will be testing for BAR next week, but I don't see how he can be because he is supposed to be in Bahrain for the F3 Superprix.
i wouldnt say so. vdm had dry weather for his first one and the best conditions of the day for his second test. carroll on the other hand did very little laps and had the worst weather. rossiter was lucky to go in the afternoon yesterday getting the best weather. it was an uneven test and unfair to judge on end of day laptimes especially when the weather is so topsy turvy and drivers dont get equal amounts of mileage.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 17:13 (Ref:1170748)   #102
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I think we're both right, flexible-flyer, just looking at it from different points of view. It would certainly be unfair to reach a final decision based on the last three days. But fortunately BAR seem to be looking at the big picture.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 18:44 (Ref:1170791)   #103
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah. and i think rossiter said there would be no pressure to perform on track (although of course it wouldnt have hurted!). i would like to see them test again, and in dry conditions because if you have 1 driver out in a soaking wet morning and another driver out in a drying afternoon with one guy getting 35 laps and the other getting 10, its not really very fair if you ask me. but f1 teams have smart people working for them!