Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 May 2011, 17:12 (Ref:2888866)   #101
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I must admit I've never heard of so many tickets being up for grabs because of no-shows. I do believe the ACO will buy them back if you can't get shot of them before you get there. I remember going to the Rotunde (I think that's what it's called) to pick up a last minute GS purchase a few years ago.....
Old 31 May 2011, 17:19 (Ref:2888871)   #102
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I must admit I've never heard of so many tickets being up for grabs because of no-shows. I do believe the ACO will buy them back if you can't get shot of them before you get there. I remember going to the Rotunde (I think that's what it's called) to pick up a last minute GS purchase a few years ago.....
I think you're right. Got myself a nice Tertre Rouge ticket that way some years ago. I will try to sell them to the ACO if nobody is interested
Old 31 May 2011, 17:46 (Ref:2888896)   #103
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, mine was Tertre Rouge too - I had T34 and Tertre Rouge that year (must have been flush!), but I only sat in the TR grandstand for about an hour in the end!
Old 1 Jun 2011, 07:09 (Ref:2889183)   #104
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
All been there! its always money upfront now, if you can't come not my problem and you still get the tickets to do what you want with.
Yup, I did get the money up front, and tbh I'm not putting much effort into selling them, gives me and the wife a little more space in the stand I might just flog off the GA when we get there, it was bought at ACO rates so would be cheaper than on the gate price anyway.

There does seem to be a few more tickets around this year, but also they don't seem to be selling or getting face value anyway.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2889405)   #105
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Obviously the word is out... Sit tight, talk to LM TI!
Old 1 Jun 2011, 18:10 (Ref:2889504)   #106
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Even more tickets/camping/grandstand appearing on E bay and some attracting no bids
Old 1 Jun 2011, 20:17 (Ref:2889605)   #107
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I picked a Garage blanc car pass and two General admin tickets from Pistonheads, there seem to be plenty about ?
Old 2 Jun 2011, 07:46 (Ref:2889793)   #108
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Still no bid on his 350 euro's camping pass, wonder why....
Old 2 Jun 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2890181)   #109
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just picked up another 2 GE's for £100 so that is a little bit saved for our group
Old 2 Jun 2011, 20:51 (Ref:2890190)   #110
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm thinking with the weather forecast I probably should have tried to snatch up a couple of cheap grandstand ticks. Probably too late now.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 21:11 (Ref:2890206)   #111
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
still plenty there and they will be getting desperate
Old 8 Feb 2012, 17:29 (Ref:3023242)   #112
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why are there no tickets on eBay? Did Ayse finally get his way?
I've left everything really late this year and need some suggestions as to where I might pick up some tickets for my group...
Ideas?
Might need up to 8 tickets (camping, grandstand and then entrance which i'll get down there).
Pilg.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3023248)   #113
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
I've left everything really late this year and need some suggestions as to where I might pick up some tickets for my group...
Ideas?
Might need up to 8 tickets (camping, grandstand and then entrance which i'll get down there).
Pilg.
not seen any on e bay either, some agencies still have tickets for sale and the ACO have cheaper camp sites still available, best bet is to see if the ACO or nadine at the tourist office can help, if they can join the aco at the same time as the discount you will get will more than cover the membership fee and you and one other person can get access to some area's (airconditioned bar near the dunlop bridge). If nothing available you can leave it until early June plenty went for below cost last year on ebay. Oh yes and if you go to the classic aswell you get even more discounts and free paddock enterance on another 6 tickets.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 18:08 (Ref:3023263)   #114
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Ideas?
Pilg.

Just speak to Brian at 1st Tickets. (You can mention my name if you like.... )
Old 9 Feb 2012, 12:14 (Ref:3023667)   #115
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Guys - will do both.
Surprising nothing in eBay - maybe their policy has changed.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3023736)   #116
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Have I missed something here? It's sold out already??? Strewth.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 05:06 (Ref:3023947)   #117
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Camping tickets still available direct from ACO
http://www.digitick.com/24-heures-du...g1-rg1611.html

They have pitches at ;
Houx Annexe, Beausejour,Dairon,Pincenardiere,Bleu Nord & Bleu Sud.
No need to panic or pay over the odds on ebay.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3024203)   #118
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
had an email from just tickets this morning it seems they have plenty of camping and grandstand tickets left, appears to me that sales everywhere are not as brisk as previous years and people are returning or not taking up options rather than sell them on ebay.
Old 14 Feb 2012, 08:11 (Ref:3025590)   #119
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Presumably there will be plenty of Pug fans not going this year.... So either they haven't bought tickets, or have returned them to the ACO, might be a bit early yet for tickets to appear on eBay, they won't be sent out for a while.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3026534)   #120
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Not tickets on eBay, but also seen on there

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEMANS-LE-...ht_1319wt_1163

I thought this was the 80th running of the event, not the 80th anniversary of 1932!!!!! Don't you just love it when those that don't know try to cash in!!!!!
Old 16 Feb 2012, 10:50 (Ref:3026549)   #121
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Not tickets on eBay, but also seen on there

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEMANS-LE-...ht_1319wt_1163

I thought this was the 80th running of the event, not the 80th anniversary of 1932!!!!! Don't you just love it when those that don't know try to cash in!!!!!
What a plonker!

Intrigued to know how many have been made and how many get sold. £9.99 + p&p does seem a bit steep, even if the dates were correct.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3026744)   #122
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, so I'm slow.

It says 1923-2012

and 80th Le Mans.

The dates look right.

And it is the 80th Le Mans race.

What am I missing?

Or has it been altered since Steve posted?
Old 16 Feb 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3026747)   #123
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
That's NOT the image that was on there, so someone's must have tipped them off!

It's definitely said 80th anniversary and the date was 1932-2012.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3026763)   #124
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

It's definitely said 80th anniversary and the date was 1932-2012.
It was indeed the wrong image before! I was contemplating getting some large circuit outline stickers, and I had a few suppliers in mind and this was one of them, but after this farce I think I have one less supplier to choose from! An other sticker-maker is waiting for ACO approval for the 2012 range, so I don't think this one has approval? Not mine, in any case.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 20:34 (Ref:3026770)   #125
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yes. I did. Rather than grumble on the net, I sent the guy a message pointing out the facts and he changed the design immediately.
I have no connection with this ebay seller whatsoever, by the way.