Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 31 May 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1624141)   #101
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can walk all of the way around Combe and watch from every corner. It is one of the best circuits in the country for spectating and being able to watch from a variety of excellent viewpoints, as I did on Monday.

The corner before the second chicane (Bobbies) is Tower.
Old 31 May 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1624147)   #102
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he maybe mixed up with Thruxton as there you can only watch from 2 parts of the track as round the back of the circuit is a no go zone
Old 31 May 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1624156)   #103
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah yes, that'd make sense....Quarry is a good vantage point too...
Old 31 May 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1624216)   #104
Andy Woolley
Rookie

Andy Woolley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I raced on the old circuit in a prodsports Ginetta G15 but that was 24 years ago! It was a very quick track then but that car was quite low powered so most of the circuit was taken flat. The chicanes have certainly added a new challenge but I can't say I enjoyed them much on Monday in either the shortened Mono 200 race or the very wet Open Single Seater race. I've got to admit that TOCA 3 does a very good rendition of Combe - even down to the overhead power cables and Melton Concrete signage!
Old 1 Jun 2006, 09:00 (Ref:1624416)   #105
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngoldy
I was having a go in the FF's at Combe on ToCA 3 just before, and I have just wondered. How hard is it to actually win at Combe as a rookie?

On tracks like Oulton, rookie's seem to win there pretty easily. Anglesey is the same (well, unless you get high up the grid there you have little chance of reaching the top step, unless you make a mega start).
I know KMR have a couple of cars out there, Matt Rivett seems quite good there. Ed Moore I would presume is also good there. Pat Blakeney springs to mind...

But has there been anyone over the years who has stood out most as being a Combe expert?
Bob Higgins he's no youngster these day's but has won the championship 3 or 4 times,but still has to be a contender he know's combe so well give him an inch and he'll take a mile a superb racer and a right old joker too and easy to talk too,which is a good thing about the Combe championship many of the drivers seem to more than pleased to talk to us spectators which is great.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 11:10 (Ref:1642451)   #106
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a quick note to comment on another highly entertaining race at Combe on Sunday, and an even more entertaining post race interview from Matt Rivett. I look forward to the 5th August
Old 27 Jun 2006, 12:30 (Ref:1642519)   #107
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal
Just a quick note to comment on another highly entertaining race at Combe on Sunday, and an even more entertaining post race interview from Matt Rivett. I look forward to the 5th August

Ditto

Rivett and Moore better battles than damon and michael ...

Hope Tim Reynolds does some more rounds this year !!

Old 27 Jun 2006, 13:36 (Ref:1642586)   #108
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal
yes Matt has a quality sense of humour,i must admit i did have a chuckle at Ed's comments too.

Wether Matt Rivett has the power to beat Ed remains too be seen hopefully they'll both enter the festival where the gloves are off no championship for matt to go for so it'll be all or nothing,Ed may have the legs at the moment but things never last and if peter dempsey enters along with Gavin Wills[if only] we could have one of the best combe races ever