Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 4 Feb 2015, 22:19 (Ref:3501026)   #101
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Confirmed:
Pauwels - Ford Focus (new car) - WRX
Keersmacker - Ford Fiesta (VA Engineering - Callaghan) - WRX
Old 5 Feb 2015, 09:11 (Ref:3501234)   #102
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx4eva View Post
... I wouldn't expect 3 ldm cars this year and be prepared for a big surprise at psrx!
Old 5 Feb 2015, 22:37 (Ref:3501632)   #103
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, can someone answer an idiot question for me?

What do the stars mean next to the rounds on the calendar? Thanks!

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/2015_calendar
Old 5 Feb 2015, 22:56 (Ref:3501643)   #104
dmcga
Rookie

dmcga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a key at the bottom. Yellow for what rounds count towards the European Supercar Championship. Blue for what rounds the Super 1600 class will attend, and pink for Touring Car class events.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 23:15 (Ref:3501657)   #105
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So annoying that GB only has one star next to it....
Old 6 Feb 2015, 12:49 (Ref:3501918)   #106
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ed

PLease, please dont tell me Doran is going to be driving for Solberg!

And youa re right Hick

Seems GB got the rought end of the deal, Erikssons kids series and rwd only. No doubt retro and damn buggues as support too.

As long as it isnt drifting
Old 6 Feb 2015, 14:34 (Ref:3501948)   #107
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Ed

PLease, please dont tell me Doran is going to be driving for Solberg!
A Monster PSRX team perhaps? Guess it would figure for Monster to back the bigger name (I'm still surprised that one of the energy drinks aren't backing Solberg/PSRX already). Doran is one of the few drivers who I think could potentially get the best out of the PSRX setup DS3's as well...

...that said there are many other drivers I would rather see paired with Solberg. And do you think Liam would settle for being the second team driver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
And youa re right Hick

Seems GB got the rought end of the deal, Erikssons kids series and rwd only. No doubt retro and damn buggues as support too.

As long as it isnt drifting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
So annoying that GB only has one star next to it....
Agreed. Just got my fingers crossed that the other classes have a strong enough entry to give us plenty of racing and not too much filler.

And don't lie Chunder, I know how much all you all love drifting...
Old 6 Feb 2015, 17:14 (Ref:3501991)   #108
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doran at Solberg?
Would they really want that amount of hassle?
I guess the only pull would be the big bucks Monster must bring with its star (Really??) driver.
Solberg done really well last year for a family team but the big works teams looked strong and i think the Champion may come from one of them.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 18:43 (Ref:3502025)   #109
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
pettersolberg29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doran and Petter really don't get on so I can't see this happening myself.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 19:52 (Ref:3502045)   #110
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree. Petter and Liam both are very special characters. I think they wouldn't get along with each other. That's as if Sébastien Ogier and Sébastien Loeb are in the same team. Definitely no one backs down to see his teammate winning the championship. Simply doesn't work .
Old 6 Feb 2015, 21:27 (Ref:3502081)   #111
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heard the other day that Veiby will be doing the ERX with Kristoffersson. Quite the surprise who will team up with Kristoffersson in the WRX, not expected I can say the least ..

Lars-Erik Walfridson, father of Lucas, bought the Linnerud Clio which was owned by Even Hvaal. They plan on renting it out to other drivers this season
Old 6 Feb 2015, 22:21 (Ref:3502110)   #112
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Helmia

Is this the 5 cyl Clio lll ex Lysen car? Vet du om det är till EM eller VM Crossfades?
Old 6 Feb 2015, 23:00 (Ref:3502121)   #113
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
Is this the 5 cyl Clio lll ex Lysen car? Vet du om det är till EM eller VM Crossfades?
Yes, the Lysen 5 cylinder. In return, Hvaal got the old Clio of Stecka built in 2010.

Ingen aning, dem har en trailer där båda bilarna får plats så blir nog att bilarna tas tillsammans i den. Men vet bara att den ska vara till för uthyrning
Old 7 Feb 2015, 12:50 (Ref:3502344)   #114
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Yes, the Lysen 5 cylinder. In return, Hvaal got the old Clio of Stecka built in 2010.

Ingen aning, dem har en trailer där båda bilarna får plats så blir nog att bilarna tas tillsammans i den. Men vet bara att den ska vara till för uthyrning
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
No idea, they have a trailer where both cars fit so will probably be that the cars be taken in it. But just know that it will be for rent
Interesting stuff Please can we stick with English though (saves me time going off to google translate ).
Old 7 Feb 2015, 18:17 (Ref:3502411)   #115
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
A Monster PSRX team perhaps? Guess it would figure for Monster to back the bigger name (I'm still surprised that one of the energy drinks aren't backing Solberg/PSRX already). Doran is one of the few drivers who I think could potentially get the best out of the PSRX setup DS3's as well...

...that said there are many other drivers I would rather see paired with Solberg. And do you think Liam would settle for being the second team driver?

Agreed. Just got my fingers crossed that the other classes have a strong enough entry to give us plenty of racing and not too much filler.

And don't lie Chunder, I know how much all you all love drifting...
I would settle for it being part of the Euro RX round, as it guarantees another 10 supercars. And we had more s1600 than touring cars last year, that would have made more sense, save the touring car for scandanavia and Belgium where they have good entries. Oh well, I'm sure there is a logic to it somewhere
Old 7 Feb 2015, 19:42 (Ref:3502480)   #116
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Interesting stuff Please can we stick with English though (saves me time going off to google translate ).
Haha I will try too
Old 9 Feb 2015, 10:06 (Ref:3503232)   #117
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like LDM are having a clear out...

Ebay - Race Transporter For Sale

...I also see Liam was advertising for staff on Facebook a few weeks back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Doran Facebook
Looking for Experienced Rally/Race mechanics and engineers as well as an experienced motorsport team manager to work on a new project I have.
Is he refreshing the ranks at LDM, or perhaps doing something else in 2015?
Old 9 Feb 2015, 10:47 (Ref:3503253)   #118
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest from what i recall Doran does this pretty much every year

Not sure if he has trouble keeping hold of staff, or they do a season and leave, I know one guy who has said he would never work there again.

I guess a lot of teams mechs are contract anyway, so maybe they just ahve trouble keeping the same guys every year, understandable!!
Old 10 Feb 2015, 09:26 (Ref:3503596)   #119
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Short article on Timmy Hansen on the RallycrossRX website:

RallycrossRX - Timmy Hansen Prepares for World RX

The article implies that he will be in the World Championship in 2015, but makes no mention of team.
Old 16 Feb 2015, 13:17 (Ref:3505450)   #120
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having read 'Hansen has been training hard in the gym, and has increased his work-outs to twice a day'

then seen 'this is when you build everything up for the coming season. The training that I’m doing now is quite heavy and intense, both on cardio and strength, so that I will get more muscle during the winter and then I loose them slightly over the summer. My cardio will also improve so when I get to Portugal for the first race, I will be really well prepared'

then this 'I’ll have created a base and foundation that I can stand on'

and finally 'If I don’t do really hard work on my fitness now, then I will never catch up through the season'

it sounds like Timmy will be running the races on foot, so doesn't need a car or team with him. Strange approach to rallycross, or maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick!!

Cheers, Steve
Old 16 Feb 2015, 13:41 (Ref:3505457)   #121
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Craig Lomax, Phil Chicken and Michael Boak to compete in Super 1600's:

http://fiaworldrallycross.com/articl...gearing-up-for

Did anyone see Solberg (Petter) Facebook post during Rally Sweden? Specifically:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petter Solberg Official Facebook
Exactly 10 years ago today I won Rally Sweden. I'm extremely proud that today my compatriot Andreas Mikkelsen took the lead in this spectacular winter rally.
I'm in the lead of the Historic rally with my wife Pernilla as co-driver. It was very special to drive in Norway today and to meet a lot of Norwegian fans. Thanks for your amazing support!
WRC FIA World Rallycross Championship Volkswagen
The post includes a link to the official VW page. Probably just done for the purpose of the post, or perhaps a hint at a future connection?
Old 16 Feb 2015, 18:26 (Ref:3505529)   #122
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Just a shame they cannot compete at lydden this year...
Old 17 Feb 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3505849)   #123
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton Caught View Post
Having read 'Hansen has been training hard in the gym, and has increased his work-outs to twice a day'

then seen 'this is when you build everything up for the coming season. The training that I’m doing now is quite heavy and intense, both on cardio and strength, so that I will get more muscle during the winter and then I loose them slightly over the summer. My cardio will also improve so when I get to Portugal for the first race, I will be really well prepared'

then this 'I’ll have created a base and foundation that I can stand on'

and finally 'If I don’t do really hard work on my fitness now, then I will never catch up through the season'

it sounds like Timmy will be running the races on foot, so doesn't need a car or team with him. Strange approach to rallycross, or maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick!!

Cheers, Steve
Why is it strange to do fitness training?
Old 20 Feb 2015, 10:14 (Ref:3506970)   #124
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
13th round added to the 2015 World Championship...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallycrossRX PR Release
WORLD RX SIGNS MULTI-YEAR DEAL WITH DTM FOR HOCKENHEIM RACE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallycrossRX PR Release

The FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy has agreed terms with the World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) to hold a 13th World Championship round alongside the DTM season-opener at the Hockenheimring in Germany (1-3 May, 2015).

The Hockenheimring was originally built in 1932 and is home to the biannual German Formula One race, held most recently in 2014. It has also staged DTM since the Championship’s inaugural season back in 1984. Since 2011, Hockenheimring has hosted both the opening and closing rounds of DTM with World RX driver Mattias Ekstrom winning last year’s season-finale in front of a sell-out crowd. Working closely with Apex Circuit Design, a purpose built rallycross circuit is being built in the famous “Sachs Arena” stadium section of the impressive German venue.

The new partnership between IMG and ITR is part of a multi-year deal which sees the F1 circuit added to the growing list of world-famous race circuits that now boast purpose-built rallycross circuits.

World RX and DTM will be joined in Hockenheim by DTM’s support championships: the Porsche Carerra Cup Deutschland, FIA Formula 3 European Championship and the new-for-2015 Audi Sport TT Cup.

Martin Anayi, World RX Managing Director for IMG, spoke positively about the latest boost for the FIA’s newest World Championship event: “It is a great honour to partner with DTM at their 2015 season-opening weekend at the Hockenheimring. We have been extremely impressed with the professionalism we have seen from ITR in running DTM and we can’t wait to show the German motorsport audience just how special World RX is. There is a natural link with [Mattias] Ekstrom competing in both Championships and also with permanent World RX driver [Anton] Marklund competing in the new Audi Sport TT Cup. We were thrilled when the opportunity arose to build a purpose built rallycross circuit in one of the world’s most famous venues. Coupled with the fact that an RX event would be held on such an important weekend in the German motorsport calendar was the icing on the cake. As a result, we now have a fantastic chance to showcase World RX and our sport to a brand new audience. We are very excited about developing our relationship with ITR and look forward to future collaborations.”

ITR Chairman Hans-Werner Aufrecht added: “Whatever we do, we always do it allowing for the interests of the fans we want to provide a unique experience, at the circuit. In consideration of this fact, the FIA World Rallycross Championship suits us perfectly: the DTM high-tech touring cars and the rugged compact World RX racers represent two different, fascinating motor-sport facets. I am convinced that the motor-racing enthusiasts will love this combination.”
Old 20 Feb 2015, 10:44 (Ref:3506982)   #125
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoy your last race on the Estering this year...