Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 3 Dec 2006, 12:03 (Ref:1780897)   #101
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, okay, understand. But even with current teams plus PCM, each running two cars, that's only 20, and each of those teams did NOT run two cars every race in '06. And what Stoddart is doing may or may not add cars. And IMO, Gelles is out of the picture.

http://www.formula3.cc/index.php?opt...temid=99999999

As I said, time will tell.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 13:42 (Ref:1780942)   #102
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
Oh, okay, understand. But even with current teams plus PCM, each running two cars, that's only 20, and each of those teams did NOT run two cars every race in '06. And what Stoddart is doing may or may not add cars.
As you say, it may. Stoddart has also said he expects to add cars to CTE. Rocketsports ended 2006 with two sponsored cars, which is a good indication for 2007.

So as you say thats 20 plus what Stoddart works out with. Not really a whole lot of breathing room.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 16:38 (Ref:1780995)   #103
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think ultimately it will sort itself out nicely. PCM is in for 2, stoddart probably will add 1 or 2 and NH is trying to sort out 3 cars and keep Junky. The gelles situation is still undefined also.

Also Panoz will continue to build cars to order, so others who are interested in a lease or toe in the water deal for 2008 will still have a chance at some point.

Having too many cars is a problem we'd like to have! Ultimately like I said I think it will all sort itself out over the next few months.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 18:47 (Ref:1781054)   #104
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wonder if had they started building cars when the new panoz chassis was announced, then we'd have more cars on the grid than 22.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1781067)   #105
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdawg727
i wonder if had they started building cars when the new panoz chassis was announced, then we'd have more cars on the grid than 22.
I think a lot of that had to do with doing testing as I do believe there was a few minor changes. No sense in going right from the CAD plans right into production. Ultimately we've got a few months and I think everyone will be catered for by the season opener.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 11:03 (Ref:1781541)   #106
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even though KK set a 22-car limit because he says Panoz can't produce enough, I doubt they'd turn anybody down if it goes over that......these are all road courses, not short ovals where car count needs to be controlled more. Think that limit is "marketing inducement," IMO.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1781621)   #107
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Even though KK set a 22-car limit because he says Panoz can't produce enough, I doubt they'd turn anybody down if it goes over that......these are all road courses, not short ovals where car count needs to be controlled more. Think that limit is "marketing inducement," IMO.
That's more than IMO, that's correct... It's all a marketing pitch. A statement like that intends to portray an image of strenght and stability to the series, and to raise the value of the current teams in case of a possible acquisition (what is particularly important in moment of crisis like the one the series faced and still faces).
Old 4 Dec 2006, 13:17 (Ref:1781647)   #108
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody have a huge "FF" button? I am really beginning to get impatient!
4 more months, aye carumba.
Old 6 Dec 2006, 16:01 (Ref:1783396)   #109
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pizzonia's signed up for a season of GP2 next year so that rules him out of the '07 CC grid.
Old 5 Jan 2007, 19:07 (Ref:1807708)   #110
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vasser has confirmed Neel Jani for one of the PKV seats, the second driver to be announced "as soon as his cheque clears".
http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?cid=3&id=141693
Old 5 Jan 2007, 21:14 (Ref:1807759)   #111
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So its not Kathrine Legg as its 'his.' I'm thinking Bruno Junquiera. Just a guess above anything!
Old 6 Jan 2007, 03:17 (Ref:1807918)   #112
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are PKV really that in need of pay drives

Last edited by D.R.T.; 6 Jan 2007 at 03:24.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 04:59 (Ref:1807941)   #113
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amusing that Vasser makes no bones about the qualifications required to secure a PKV seat.

While PKV has been financed by KK, it seems that he is pretty hands off when it comes to running the team. Now it should almost be called "Team Vasser: Fueled by KK." I suspect that KK is unwilling to underwrite the entire cost of the team.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 05:27 (Ref:1807950)   #114
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Nice to see neel jani in. I think he's a talent.

Katherine, hopes she ends up somewhere.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 12:15 (Ref:1808125)   #115
D.R.T.
Veteran

Letting Vasser take the total control of the reins might not be such a bad move.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 13:28 (Ref:1808171)   #116
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
We Canucks enjoyed a reality-show where two of the judges were Tracy and Legge. I'm talking out of my hat here, but what if Legge ends up with Forsythe? Good marketing and PR, could perhaps lead to a sponsor for at least one car...
Old 6 Jan 2007, 13:42 (Ref:1808179)   #117
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She'd be in a good team and you'd have to expect results from her then...
Old 6 Jan 2007, 18:45 (Ref:1808348)   #118
norman-normal
Veteran

norman-normal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
She'd be in a good team and you'd have to expect results from her then...
Right on! sink or swim.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 18:54 (Ref:1808352)   #119
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally im going with Swim. When the car was reliable Katherine was capable of getting some good results, especially when you consider it was her debut year. Yep she made some rookie mistakes but I would say she deserves another chance.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 19:01 (Ref:1808356)   #120
indycool
Veteran

SALEEN, I'm repeating myself, but she finished on the lead lap of ONE race in '06.It's really hard, especially with full-course cautions, if you're anywhere near it at all, not to finish on the lead lap of road races.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 19:31 (Ref:1808381)   #121
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having looked at this years race results it is usually only the top 7-9 cars that finish on the lead lap of the race. If you feel the need to dispute this please feel free to look at all the results from the 2006 season on the following link. http://www.crash.net/results~cid~3.htm
Old 6 Jan 2007, 19:53 (Ref:1808404)   #122
NoGuts-NoGlory
Rookie

Canada
Canada
NoGuts-NoGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
SALEEN, I'm repeating myself, but she finished on the lead lap of ONE race in '06.It's really hard, especially with full-course cautions, if you're anywhere near it at all, not to finish on the lead lap of road races.
Oh come, come indycool!!! Do you have to be so transparent in your agenda? And of course Danica is this shining beacon for the IRL, but we all know Danica only shines when she sits on the fender of a car with scantily clad clothes for a photographers shoot!!

It was Katherine's rookie season in a less than competitive Champcar. She made mistakes but there have been other rookie drivers that have had just as bad and even worse rookie debuts. Lets compare Danica's and Kate's record shall we!!!

Danica has yet to win anything in auto racing yet she is portrayed as one of IRLs leading drivers. What a joke!!! Sad comment on the depth of the IRL. Katherine won three races in her rookie and only Atlantic season which is a very competitive formula. Danica had two full seasons in Atlantics and was 0 for 24!!!!! Put Danica on a road course against Katherine in equal cars and we all known Danica would get an azz kicking by by Kate.

Danica record

Formula Totoyta Atlantic
Championship position: 3 (269 points)
12 races. 0 wins. 1 pole position. 3 podiums.
Team: Team Rahal
Car: Swift 014.a - Toyota

Formula Toyota Atlantic
Championship position: 6 (109 points)
12 races. 0 wins. 0 pole positions. 2 podiums.
Team: Team Rahal

Katherine record

Formula 1 - Test driver
Team: Minardi Cosworth

Formula Toyota Atlantic
Championship position: 3 (267 points)
12 races. 3 wins. 0 pole positions. 5 podiums.
Team: Polestar Racing Group
Car: Swift 014.a (Toyota)

Last edited by NoGuts-NoGlory; 6 Jan 2007 at 19:57.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 20:38 (Ref:1808438)   #123
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
If that's true then I agree. She did have a good race at Road America where she was pretty much top 5, top 6 at the time when her rear wing flew off.
Like I said, she could have done better, but Oriol also didn't do anything spectacular and we all know he can.
She had some races when she backed it into the wall many times. Surfers Paradise springs to mind. And when she spun many a few times, Long Beach springs to mind. But like I said, PKV were not good at all in 2006.
In a top team like Forysthe she'd have no excuses, but hey she deserves another season. She has shown great potential.

She is a female driver. Any female driver will get as much publicity as a winner or even champion. Amati, the last female formula 1 driver back in 1992 for Brabham had tremendous publicity (who dated Niki Lauda at the time). The media treated her just as a pit babe.
What I am saying is as I said any female driver will have as much publicity as a winner.
Katherine is one of the fan favorites. Not just because she is female, but because she is a fantastic character, a driver who lets the driving do the talking and gets on with it with a great attitude, unlike another female open wheel driver I know of.

Last edited by luke; 6 Jan 2007 at 20:47.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 21:40 (Ref:1808466)   #124
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Legge did a good enough job. I remember I was a bit irritated that she got the PKV ride instead of Wirdheim pre-season, but not once during the actual season did I think she did not belong there. Keep her for 07 I say, she's got potential.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 23:02 (Ref:1808539)   #125
indycool
Veteran

NGNG, first, this discussion had nothing to do with Danica Patrick.

Second, there was a lot of talk on this forum before the '06 season by some who felt Legge needed another year in Atlantics before moving up.

Third, PKV did NOT pick up her option for '07, per her column on a European website.

LUKE: I agree. Amati was a good race driver. She was also an extremely good-looking race driver.