Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Jan 2009, 07:03 (Ref:2381886)   #101
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Im just wondering if we will see Fernandez at Le Mans with his Acura LMP2 ?

He says that he has the budget for ALMS from Lowes ..... Lowes sponsored him at Le mans in 2007 , and he says its basically unfinished business for him and he wants to do it again .

Be great to see that LMP2 car at Le Mans !!!
Yes, I would really like to see that also!

L.P.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2381918)   #102
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Im just wondering if we will see Fernandez at Le Mans with his Acura LMP2 ?

He says that he has the budget for ALMS from Lowes ..... Lowes sponsored him at Le mans in 2007 , and he says its basically unfinished business for him and he wants to do it again .

Be great to see that LMP2 car at Le Mans !!!
I doubt we'll see the Acura at Le Mans, but if that LNT factory car isn't sold pre Le Mans, we could see another deal done with Lowes backing that would see Fernandez back at La Sarthe this year, this time in LMP1 (assuming LNT have requested an invite).

That quote on DSC (with regard to what the future holds for him) "But I do want to get back to Le Mans – that place is special." suggests he'll definitely be back if a deal can be put together.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 11:21 (Ref:2381997)   #103
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
hhmmmm ..... I really want to see that Acura though !!!

Its not outside the relems or possibility that they wont be there though . After all it was Acura's initial intention to race there ....
Old 29 Jan 2009, 19:04 (Ref:2382249)   #104
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The interview with some people from Acura on Midweek Motorsport was interesting to give an insight on Acura's Le Mans plans. I believe they said that they do want to race there and they can't wait till they do, however they don't want to rush it. So it could be this year but more likely 2010.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2382257)   #105
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Eighty two entries with 44 prototypes this year...

Think we can safely say we'll get a full grid of 55 come June.

Of course now we can start to get really interesting speculating who the additional ones beyond the accepted auto-invites are...
Old 29 Jan 2009, 19:25 (Ref:2382260)   #106
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Just hope the GT classes don't get overlooked by the massive ammount of prototypes. But i eagerly await the entry list
Old 29 Jan 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2382270)   #107
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18
The interview with some people from Acura on Midweek Motorsport was interesting to give an insight on Acura's Le Mans plans. I believe they said that they do want to race there and they can't wait till they do, however they don't want to rush it. So it could be this year but more likely 2010.
Yes, but that is Acura which moved its program to P-1 this year after getting started in P-2, exactly as stated from the beginning of the program.
They have now moved on from P-2 and, from the snippets out there, are no longer developing the P-2 at all. As proven by the lack of an ARX-01c that was mentioned by Acura earlier.
So that begs the question, will Acura allow Fernandez to take his car to Le Mans this year seeing as he is no longer in the leading element of Acura's prototype program, or do they consider it still to close to allow it to go? As it is an Acura but will not be competing for overall, bar some major misfortunes for others.
Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised and Acura have allowed Adrian to apply and he gets accepted!

L.P.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2382519)   #108
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
According to Le Mans'org site, Horag did take up their entry. I didn't think they had. Have i misread of has someone made a mistake?
Old 30 Jan 2009, 09:02 (Ref:2382539)   #109
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
According to Le Mans'org site, Horag did take up their entry. I didn't think they had. Have i misread of has someone made a mistake?
I think you may have misread it. This is the list of those which did and didn't take up their auto invites.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 09:27 (Ref:2382545)   #110
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Just hope the GT classes don't get overlooked by the massive ammount of prototypes. But i eagerly await the entry list
According to the English translation of the ACO's press release "And it has to be stressed that the top prototype categories, LM P1 and LM P2, represent more than 50% of the entries with a total of 44 cars!"

If my arithmetic is correct, 44 from 82 leaves 38 applications from GT teams, with the majority of those probably from GT2 teams.

Provided the ACO selects entries on a reasonably equal basis across the four categories, there should be plenty of GT action.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2382617)   #111
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Having had a bit of a think about this I've come up with the following as far as possible LMP applicants go.

The more far out speculations (like the Fernandez Acura) I've put in red.

Audi R15 Audi LMP1
Audi R15 Audi LMP1
Audi R15 Audi LMP1
Peugeot 908 Peugeot LMP1
Peugeot 908 Peugeot LMP1
Peugeot 908 Peugeot LMP1
Audi R10 Kolles LMP1
Audi R10 Kolles LMP1
Pescarolo Judd Pescarolo LMP1
Pescarolo Judd Pescarolo LMP1
Pescarolo Judd Rollcentre LMP1
Courage LC70 ORECA LMP1
Courage LC70 ORECA LMP1
Courage LC70 Signature LMP1
Creation CA07 Creation LMP1
Aston Martin AMR LMP1
Aston Martin AMR LMP1
Aston Martin Charouz LMP1
Lola Aston Martin Speedy LMP1
Epsilon Euzkadi Epsilon Euzkadi LMP1
Epsilon Euzkadi Epsilon Euzkadi LMP1
Ginetta Zytek LNT LMP1
Ginetta Zytek Strakka LMP1
Dome Dome LMP1
Courage LC70 Terramos LMP1
Lola Autocon LMP1
Pescarolo Judd Ex Saulnier LMP1
Creation Creation LMP1

Lola Mazda Racing Box LMP2
RS Spyder Essex LMP2
RS Spyder Goh LMP2
WR Zytek Salini LMP2
Pescarolo Mazda Oak LMP2
Pescarolo Mazda Oak LMP2
Radical Bruneau LMP2
Zytek Gstaad LMP2
Zytek Barazi LMP2
Lola Mazda KSM LMP2
Ginetta Zytek Quiffel LMP2
Courage Pegasus LMP2
Lucchini Randaccio LMP2
Lucchini Bull LMP2
Acura Fernandez LMP2

Obviously some of them are more credible as entries than others, and some I think are likely to be left out due to diversity - for example I can't see Kolles getting two, and I'd be mildly surprised to see the third Aston Martin in, but other than that any additions, thoughts etc?

We have, after all, most of February to fill with idle speculation.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 11:59 (Ref:2382621)   #112
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Having had a bit of a think about this I've come up with the following as far as possible LMP applicants go.
Nice one mate!

Now, if you could just get that list of 38 GT's posted before I go to lunch...............

Old 30 Jan 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2382708)   #113
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interestingly, out of 44 prototypes I have only come up with 4 differences (2nd Creation, Autocon, ex-Saulnier Pescarolo & the Acura replaced by the Zytek Q10, West Tec Porsche, Speedy Lola Judd P2, 2nd Racing Box Lola & the RML Lola Mazda)

P1
Peugeot Peugeot 908
Peugeot Peugeot 908
Peugeot Peugeot 908
Audi Audi R15
Audi Audi R15
Audi Audi R15
Kolles TME Audi R10
Kolles TME Audi R10
Sebah Lola B08 Aston
Aston Martin Aston B09
Aston Martin Aston B09
Aston Martin Aston B09
Dome Dome Toyota
Strakka Ginetta Zytek 09S
LNT Ginetta Zytek 09S
Corsa (or somebody) Ginetta Zytek Q10
Pescarolo Pescarolo Judd
Pescarolo Pescarolo Judd
Rollcentre Pescarolo Judd
ORECA Courage LC70 AIM
ORECA Courage LC70 AIM
Signature Courage LC70 AER
Terramous Courage LC70 Mugen
Epsilon Euskadi 02 Judd
Epsilon Euskadi 02 Judd
Creation Creation Judd

P2
Goh Porsche Spyder
Poulsen Porsche Spyder
West Tec Porsche Spyder
GAC Zytek 07S
Barazi Caparo Zytek 07S
ASM Ginetta Zytek 09S
Welter WR Zytek
Sebah Lola B08 Judd
Racing Box Lola B08 Mazda
Racing Box Lola B08 Mazda
RML Lola B08 Mazda
KSM Lola B09 Mazda
OAK Pescarolo Mazda
OAK Pescarolo Mazda
Bruichladdich Radical SR9 AER
Pegasus Courage LC70 AER
Randaccio Lucchini McLaren
Bull Lucchini Judd

Last edited by courageous; 30 Jan 2009 at 15:28.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 15:26 (Ref:2382710)   #114
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My limited knowledge in GTs gives me this stab in the dark:

GT1
Carsport Aston Martin DBR9
Gigawave Aston Martin DBR9
Alphand Corvette C6
Alphand Corvette C6 (Auto)
Corvette Corvette C6 (Auto)
Noel del Bello Ferrari 550
IPB Spartak Lamborghini Murcielago
Reiter Lamborghini Murcielago
Labre Saleen S7

GT2
Advanced Engineering Ferrari F430
AF Corse Ferrari F430 (Auto)
AF Corse Ferrari F430
BMS Ferrari F430 (Auto)
CR Scuderia Ferrari F430
Farnbacher Ferrari F430
JMB Ferrari F430
JMW Ferrari F430
Modena Ferrari F430
Risi Ferrari F430 (Auto)
Risi Ferrari F430 (Auto)
Scuderia Ecosse Ferrari F430
Tafel Ferrari F430
Virgo Ferrari F430 (Auto)
Autorlando Porsche 997
Felbermayr Proton Porsche 997 (Auto)
Felbermayr Proton Porsche 997
Flying Lizards Porsche 997 (Auto)
IMSA Porsche 997
IMSA Porsche 997
Prospeed Porsche 997
Prospeed Porsche 997
Trackspeed Porsche 997
Vici Porsche 997
Drayson Aston Martin Vantage
James Watt Aston Martin Vantage
Reiter Lamborghini Gallardo
LGM Corvette C6
Spyker Spyker C8
Old 30 Jan 2009, 15:56 (Ref:2382717)   #115
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
In GT-2 there will not be a Tafel car, and Team Seattle Ferrari F430 should be added.

L.P.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2382785)   #116
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Okay cheers, must have misread indeed. I'll post my ideas as to who might be listed soon also.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2382802)   #117
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Aston Martin Charouz LMP1
I understand Aston snatched/borrowed Charouz's drivers... but press release gives no indication of co-operation with Charouz. This old one from Mariantic: "Charouz saying they will be running 2 cars in 2009 LMS & LM but "a surprise" - EI", umm, still valid? Unless Prodrive has absorbed Charouz.

Of course to bypass this "two entries per team" they could do what Peugeot did, just alter the 3rd team's name, "AMR Gulf Racing", whatever.

Also in the Aston Martin thread there was speculation (what Murphy once said about three cars) that maybe the only "uncertainty" would be getting the 3rd entry accecpted, which of course would be uncertainty only officially... unless ACO has gone nuts.

-

Last edited by deggis; 30 Jan 2009 at 19:20.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 19:39 (Ref:2382814)   #118
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous
My limited knowledge in GTs gives me this stab in the dark:

GT1
Carsport Aston Martin DBR9
Gigawave Aston Martin DBR9
Alphand Corvette C6
Alphand Corvette C6 (Auto)
Noel del Bello Ferrari 550
IPB Spartak Lamborghini Murcielago
Reiter Lamborghini Murcielago
Labre Saleen S7
Hmm... I would say take off the Reiter Engineering Lambo, because the IPB Spartak Lambo is really Reiter and add Jetalliance Racing with the DBR9.

Tom.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 19:48 (Ref:2382819)   #119
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Umm, I take that back what I just said above... here is copy-paste of the same press release but also comment from Antonin Charouz:

http://www.jan-charouz.com/EN/latest..._mans_win.html

Antonin Charouz, Owner of the Charouz Racing System team: “I am very happy that we managed to successfully close our negotiations because there was uncertainty about the outcome for quite a long time. We also had an offer from Audi but we preferred Aston Martin and to continue in our successful cooperation. I am also pleased that we will also continue to work with Lola. It is a great challenge for both Charouz Racing System and our drivers.”
Old 31 Jan 2009, 10:30 (Ref:2383096)   #120
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I would add the Newton John Saleen ..... big publicity for a breast cancer charity/society , as well as the name itself , and Auntie Olivia has said that she waints to be there in person to support the cause , big newspaper headlines there , and scratch that F550 , and take 1 LAA away too .
Old 31 Jan 2009, 21:35 (Ref:2383384)   #121
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Sorry if this has already been reported, but Tokai University out:

"Tokai University "Le Mans Challenge Project" has officially decided to abandon its participation in the 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans due to the global economic downturn."

Can't say i'm dissapointed.
Old 1 Feb 2009, 04:10 (Ref:2383515)   #122
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spyker have applied for 2 cars - link
Old 1 Feb 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2383645)   #123
The Badger
Veteran

I cant see them getting 2 cars in . Hope they do cuz its a wicked little car and the team seems to be making progress , but so is everybody else too .

Have they done all those engine mods that were supposed to come online last year ?

How about Dumbrek-Kelleners-Vasiliev for Le Mans ?
Old 1 Feb 2009, 13:42 (Ref:2383672)   #124
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Wonder how many hours they'll clock up this year before the engine expires.
Old 1 Feb 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2383771)   #125
The Badger
Veteran

Aaahhh , be nice now . If a few more teams showed the will and fighting spirit like Spyker do , then we would have much more variety .

Cadillac and Toyota spring to mind . When the going gets tough , the tough disapear . Spyker didnt !!!

Tags
2009 le mans, 2009 le mans entries