Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 21 Jul 2010, 19:09 (Ref:2730293)   #101
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh- View Post
Hi Dan,
There are numerous magazines and newspapers that are ‘free to market‘, likewise e-zines generally are, too.
All are dependant on advertising revenue, as are newsstand publications, just more so.

For a mass market magazine to succeed it needs a large readership base which is usually achieved via national newsstand coverage and ad revenue - sadly the same business model applies for niche publications, too.

If TrackDriver was launched using the usual mass market route it would have to print at least double the quantity it hoped to sell, invest heavily in a marketing campaign and hand over an eye watering amount to numerous retailers on an annual basis to secure the newsstand outlets - and be a monthly publication thus doubling the burden on its advertisers.
Whereas ‘by subscription free to market‘, we only print what’s needed and our advertisers know the magazine reaches their target audience - and their ad cost is spread over a two month period being it is bi-monthly.

Niche publications covering boats and aircraft have proven the ‘by subscription free to market’ business model, the trackday and club motorsport market is very similar in a lot of ways.

We aren’t doing this to get rich, we do however expect it to cover its costs.

Regards John
Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense. It's exactly the sort of magazine that the club motorsport fan needs - I can get through Autosport in 90 seconds flat! Just a very niche market.

Best of luck.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 17:59 (Ref:2731333)   #102
RushyRacer
Racer

RushyRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent read for the first edition, even worth keeping for a second read in the smallest room
Keep up the good work
Old 3 Aug 2010, 22:13 (Ref:2739075)   #103
micky rason
Rookie

United Kingdom
hertfordshire
micky rason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys,
well it is always nice to hear of a new mag that seems to be popular with nearly everyone. i havent signed up for it myself but it does sound interesting. i havent seen anyone ask the most important question yet though!
namely...are there any Tits in it?
Old 4 Aug 2010, 08:20 (Ref:2739247)   #104
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well Mark Hales was in it and Stacy Vickers!

(Sorry guys I am joking honest, couldnt resist it and if it wasnt me it would have been someone else lol!!!)
Old 4 Aug 2010, 13:08 (Ref:2739366)   #105
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Well Mark Hales was in it and Stacy Vickers!

You beat me to it Al
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Aug 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2740022)   #106
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ho Bl**dy Ho.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2740028)   #107
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Hey Stace, perhaps you're do a "Full Monty" centre spread for my wife she likes a good laugh !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Aug 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2740031)   #108
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It took me years to find a masseuse that didn't throw up at my naked body, so in the interests of everyones well being it's unlikely I'd partake. I will have a word with Hayman though, he's an arts since his youth so pound to a penny he's done the deed before.

Old 25 Oct 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2780394)   #109
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this magazine still going? Still a good read?
Old 25 Oct 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2780421)   #110
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Simpson View Post
Is this magazine still going? Still a good read?
Yes it is and yes it is worth reading. It is certainly no worse than any of the mags on WHSmiths shelves and, for club motorsport orientated articles, a whole heap better.

From my point of view I'd like to see a few more in depth technical articles that would help me go faster/more reliable etc. Something along the lines of what is published in the kit car mags but club motorsport orientated.
Old 26 Oct 2010, 07:24 (Ref:2780596)   #111
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You need to register on their web site to get the free copy.