Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Oct 2007, 10:42 (Ref:2035738)   #101
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
I'm not sure Mosley quite understands the damage he's doing himself by not only insulting Sir Jackie, but then reiterating it. He's trying to draw a parallel between Stewart's criticism of the FIA and his own very personal attack, and it's impossible to do. How can he think that one person criticising a whole organisation is the same as calling one man a halfwit?

I wouldn't blame Stewart if he did take legal action, although like Jeremy says, the biggest winners would be the lawyers.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 9 Oct 2007, 10:48 (Ref:2035747)   #102
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Still a reputation is something someone or even an organisation wants to keep. A lot of companies out there spend thousands just to keep their good name if they are wrongly accused of doing something wrong.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 11:32 (Ref:2035793)   #103
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
I have to disagree, I can't stand him. Thankfully he's been gradually sidelined in the publication over the years [in fairness maybe that's what he wanted, I don't know]... and now he's going. Motorsport's probably a better home for him as his work has veered more towards regurgitating history during the past decade. Having said all of that, his words on the Max/Jackie contretemps were bang on... but it would be difficult to justify endorsing Max's opinion wouldn't it.
I have a suspicion that you're very substantially in a minority with that view. In recent years he was qquite literally the only thing worth reading in Autosport....... IMO.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 11:38 (Ref:2035797)   #104
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
I'm not sure Mosley quite understands the damage he's doing himself by not only insulting Sir Jackie, but then reiterating it. He's trying to draw a parallel between Stewart's criticism of the FIA and his own very personal attack, and it's impossible to do. How can he think that one person criticising a whole organisation is the same as calling one man a halfwit?
I absolutely agree. We're all entitled to our opinions, and that includes Max and Jackie, but Max should have understood the need for an apology for what was a wholly unjustified personal insult. I've never liked the man particularly but he went down a long way in my estimation when I read his comments.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 14:00 (Ref:2035886)   #105
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
Oswald Mosely's actions and associations are well documented and I don't see why commenting on him in connection with the attitude of his son is wrong.

To censor comments on our recent history is offensive in itself.
We're not talking about Oswald Mosley, we're talking about Max Mosley and his unjustified attack on one individual. Nothing whatsoever to do with his father. If people start bringing him into it it can get very personal - that doesn't contribute anything to the discussion, which is why we advise everybody to steer clear of dragging Mosley's father into the debate.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 9 Oct 2007, 14:45 (Ref:2035915)   #106
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
This morning there was an article on the Today Programme on Radio 4 about how Hubris among leaders who been in power for long periods of time may be a medical condition. By which I mean it's almost predictable that after a long period in what seems to be an unnasailable position of authority, eccentric and otherwise unnacceptable behaviour happens. This incident does seem to anecdotally support that theory.

I would be interested to know what proportion of people in the F1 circus agree with Max or with Damon?
Old 9 Oct 2007, 14:51 (Ref:2035922)   #107
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
I'm guessing Ron Dennis would probably be on Damon's side...
Old 9 Oct 2007, 15:01 (Ref:2035931)   #108
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
ok folks, just for the record - yes we have removed posts regarding Max's familial relationships in the past. Some because they were bordering on libel and some because they simply don't add anything to the discussion. I don't see anyone discussing the parentage of any other F1 figure here - except where they were involved in F1 themselves - so it's simply not relevant. If you are unable to offer any kind of cogent comments regarding someone without dredging up their family relationships outside of motorsport, then it is unlikely that anything you have to say is going to be on topic.

Accusations of revisionism are frankly ludicrous and insulting to everyone who participates in the running of this site and I personally take great exception to the suggestion.

If you want to discuss the second world war or anything related to it, that is absolutely fine. Just go to Parc Ferme and do it and make sure you keep to the facts instead of mud slinging.

If you want to discuss F1 then you do it here.

I trust that clarifies the situation for everyone. Now perhaps you'd like to continue with the actual discussion.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 15:38 (Ref:2035962)   #109
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
TBH I think that Max is doing a difficult (unpaid) job under difficult circumstances and a job that seemingly no one else wants.And I suppose what he doesn't need is someone coming along to tell him what should or shouldn't have happened without knowing the facts of the matter (how many times has that been said on this forum).If you consider what may have happened had McLaren been up in front of the ICA rather than the WMSC I think the whole thing has come out not too bad (so far).
Old 9 Oct 2007, 15:47 (Ref:2035970)   #110
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Maybe - but it still doesn't excuse a crass and inappropriate insult or the lack of an apology for it.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 15:49 (Ref:2035972)   #111
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
It's the absence of any apology - the complete opposite, in fact - that really confuses me. I just can't understand how he thinks insulting somebody and then telling the world that he really does think that and he'd happily say it again is appropriate for somebody in his position. It beggars belief.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 15:57 (Ref:2035982)   #112
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Maybe - but it still doesn't excuse a crass and inappropriate insult or the lack of an apology for it.
No it doesn't and maybe Max will pay for that.

But I really can't see anyone taking over from Max that's already been mentioned as being suitable for the job.What it really needs is a complete outsider.Step forward Ralf Schumacher!
Old 9 Oct 2007, 15:58 (Ref:2035983)   #113
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
How about Fernando Alonso? I hear he might be at a loose end next year.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 16:00 (Ref:2035986)   #114
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reiterate my previously expressed view that someone needs to give Max a hug. Anyone have his e-mail address? I might sign him up to the mailing list at cute overload, I know it cheers me up!
Old 9 Oct 2007, 16:05 (Ref:2035990)   #115
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
How about Fernando Alonso? I hear he might be at a loose end next year.
Oh yeah,and if I were McLaren (or it's sidekick) I wouldn't bother turning up next season.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 16:06 (Ref:2035992)   #116
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It's the absence of any apology - the complete opposite, in fact - that really confuses me. I just can't understand how he thinks insulting somebody and then telling the world that he really does think that and he'd happily say it again is appropriate for somebody in his position. It beggars belief.

That's the whole point. Max is entitled to an opinion of JYS and his views of the McLaren debacle. He is also entitled to say what he thinks about him. It's the way he did it which is the problem. Not clever and a bit embarrasing really.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 16:11 (Ref:2036001)   #117
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Oh yeah,and if I were McLaren (or it's sidekick) I wouldn't bother turning up next season.
In which case, there will be two McLaren MP4-23s in NASCAR
Old 9 Oct 2007, 17:59 (Ref:2036093)   #118
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really feel that Max's position is absolutely untenable now.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 18:01 (Ref:2036095)   #119
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
That's the whole point. Max is entitled to an opinion of JYS and his views of the McLaren debacle. He is also entitled to say what he thinks about him. It's the way he did it which is the problem. Not clever and a bit embarrasing really.
Yes. He is perfectly entitled to his opinion and to dispute JYS's comments. However, as you say, it was the insult that were the problem. I bet Max would have a problem with attack the post not the poster on an internet forum.

His recent 'stand by what he said' stance also shows that he can completely miss the point of what was being said. Damon's point was nothing to do with the McLaren situation, it was a call for an apology for the insults towards Jackie. Max has chosen to rant on about something unrelated instead of taking heed of Damon's words.

He is giving the impression that he feels he can say what he likes wherever he likes. He should just say sorry for calling JYS a halfwit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
So, attacking the poster and taking a point off topic, what shall we do with Max?
Old 9 Oct 2007, 18:05 (Ref:2036099)   #120
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't forget, Damon tried to moderate the situation and return everyone to topic but the poster ignored this request.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 18:34 (Ref:2036138)   #121
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Watch some of this, particularly the last minute or so.It should be compulsory viewing for Hamilton and Alonso! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEho9y4vwDE

Anybody who calls this man a "Half-wit" has absolutely no right to be governing World Motorsport.Mosley is an offence to the passion of millions.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 18:36 (Ref:2036140)   #122
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's certainly morally indefensible, but when has that ever bothered him?
Old 9 Oct 2007, 18:41 (Ref:2036148)   #123
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
I feel a resignation coming on.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 18:50 (Ref:2036155)   #124
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I can't, Max is too "pig-headed" for that
Old 9 Oct 2007, 18:56 (Ref:2036161)   #125
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I can't, Max is too "pig-headed" for that
He's resigned before.

Unsurprisingly there wasn't a mad stampede to replace him and consequently he was reinstated.