Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 3 Mar 2008, 00:58 (Ref:2142864)   #101
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
All started with Jr botching up the restart. So Jr needs to make amends and win this race.
i'll agree with both statements, but the 24 is the one that hit the 17...88 had been getting terrible restarts. too bad he has to make one more
Old 3 Mar 2008, 00:59 (Ref:2142865)   #102
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That crash had shades of Steve Grissom's shunt at the 1997 spring race in Atlanta: just a nasty hit at a nasty angle where the inside wall gives way to emergency access. Jeff's a very fortunate man to walk away from that unscathed.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:08 (Ref:2142868)   #103
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I couldn't see contact on the replays. I think it was the presence of the 24 screwing the aero effect that set the conditions for the spin.

Hmmm, just seen a different angle, and it seems there was a tiny touch.

Not enough to blame anyone I feel - racing incident.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:12 (Ref:2142870)   #104
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, it was definitely a brush there. The 24 just pushed up the track.

Then Biffle finished the job off.

Damn you Roushketeers. Damn you all to hell! *shakes fist*

Still, I am pleased with JPM making the lead lap again. Last season they would never have made the lead lap again after such a crap start. It's a bit late though!
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:14 (Ref:2142871)   #105
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Flipper and Roush are looking unstoppable.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:15 (Ref:2142872)   #106
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep good race time for the old back flip again.

BB....
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:16 (Ref:2142873)   #107
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is today the day where Carl Edwards pulls a Gramatica in Victory Lane?

No. His knees survive to live another day.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:17 (Ref:2142875)   #108
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Not enough to blame anyone I feel - racing incident.
"....a little bit my fault." jeff gordie.
regardless, after seeing the hit, i'm just happy he is ok.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:19 (Ref:2142876)   #109
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like he sez the cars are solid.

BB....
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:23 (Ref:2142878)   #110
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sure wasn't a great re-start for Jr. Jeff is a lucky guy to walk away from that hit. Like he says, they need to get the safer walls there. Roush cars are looking good and surprising soem. It is still early in the season though. Where did Kyle finally end up.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:26 (Ref:2142880)   #111
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Kyle was like eleventh or something.

Kvapil was well in the top ten, that was surprising.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:34 (Ref:2142884)   #112
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
not a bad race. good for travis and denny hamlin, who turned his season around by finishing 9th. nice for JR, but terrible for the other hendrick cars.

after seeing the new car at a mile and a 1/2 track, i'm really looking forward to ATL.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:37 (Ref:2142886)   #113
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will rate the race an 8 out of 10.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:47 (Ref:2142891)   #114
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
knowlesy, I can't seem to make my avatar any bigger. Can you make it larger?
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:53 (Ref:2142899)   #115
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

What is the size limit for your avatar in the control panel?
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:55 (Ref:2142900)   #116
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Quote:
What is the size limit for your avatar in the control panel?
100 pixels.
my avatar looks small next to yours. And, my driver is better.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 02:15 (Ref:2142910)   #117
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Must you take the mickey out of me like this all the time?
Old 3 Mar 2008, 11:51 (Ref:2143176)   #118
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Carl Edwards' car failed inspection: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65436

Another one of those insecure oil tank lids it seems, which were so prevalent at Daytona.

NASCAR will decide when to lay the smack down on these gebronies in due course.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2143196)   #119
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do you nascar officienados think of the tyre situation? I watched the race on Sky and there were a few front left blow outs. Tony Stewart made very hard contact because of a puncture. Are we likely to see this persist? Atlanta is a high banked track as well which I suppose is hard on front lefts.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 15:06 (Ref:2143323)   #120
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I didn't fall asleep honest...
Old 3 Mar 2008, 16:29 (Ref:2143374)   #121
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy
What do you nascar officienados think of the tyre situation? I watched the race on Sky and there were a few front left blow outs. Tony Stewart made very hard contact because of a puncture. Are we likely to see this persist? Atlanta is a high banked track as well which I suppose is hard on front lefts.
you mean front rights?

ummm, i think it is nothing to be worried about. the arguement is that Goodyear makes a good enough tire and the teams put too much camber in the right front; not sure how much wieght that holds, but there will always be problems with the right side tires, since that side takes the most stress. maybe i'm wrong.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2143379)   #122
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Another one of those insecure oil tank lids it seems, which were so prevalent at Daytona.
Oh no!

those loose oil tank lids really give cars a competitive advantage.

NASCAR rules are rules, tho right?
Old 3 Mar 2008, 16:40 (Ref:2143384)   #123
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry I meant right!! I understand what you are saying, but I don't think I'd be that relaxed about if I was driving!!
Old 3 Mar 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2143403)   #124
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy
Sorry I meant right!! I understand what you are saying, but I don't think I'd be that relaxed about if I was driving!!
nor would i, especially after seeing the hits by kubusch and stewart
Old 3 Mar 2008, 17:05 (Ref:2143415)   #125
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

They should look after their tyres better then.