Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 30 Sep 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2300998)   #101
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Get well soon Andy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 16:48 (Ref:2301242)   #102
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posted Elsewhere by Andy's Sister
Yesterday was an extremely positive but surreal day, Andy was sat up talking and although highly confused he seemed to be doing well. But today has been a horrific day for us all, this morning Andy was re-intubated ,is now heavily sedated and back on the ventilator. His sats dropped so significantly that he was struggling to breathe 100%, so to protect him they put him back on support.

For the family and inparticular Sara and myself it is heartbreaking, we feel almost like we have gone back to Sunday, the day after he first went into icu. As Sara and I have spent such an immense amount of time with Andy, we feel today our bubbles burst somewhat, we have rarely left his bedside, and most nights have even slept at the hospital. Today we just felt we were shadow boxing and not able to do anything to help or protect Andy.

I can honestly say that I hope to god nobody is ever put in the same position we are in now, nothing can help to explain the pain, fear and confusion you feel constantly, you honestly never have any idea of whether your coming or going.

One thing I do know 400% is that Andy is loved, and nothing will ever change that, but whilst as a family we take yet another step backwards, we are able to draw some comfort from all the well wishers/cards and messages we have had of support for my brother.

Again I thank you all, and hope the messages of support still keep coming in, we could really do with your prayers and thoughts right now

Sarah-Jane
That's not good news, and I really hope that Andy can break through this.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2301265)   #103
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
your in our thoughts.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 17:27 (Ref:2301274)   #104
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one step backwards, 2 steps forwards. its never an easy road, but he'll get there
Old 30 Sep 2008, 19:10 (Ref:2301373)   #105
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rest assurred the marshalling community is thinking and praying for Andy. Please keep updating us with his progress, even though you have many more important things to do.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 20:54 (Ref:2301450)   #106
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To Sara, Sarah-Jane and all the family, you are totally amazing in the manner you are coping with this, you are all so strong as a team and it is all your combined love and support that will help to pull Andy through.

I'm sure that Andy senses all that love that is there for him - little by little it will make him better, but I can only imagine the emotions that you all must be going through. You are all in our thoughts and prayers everyday.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 07:57 (Ref:2301743)   #107
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everything I saw Andy race in he gave it 100% and nothing less, he was the guy everyone wanted to beat. He's now giving more than 100%-the only way he knows, all the best Andy and family,

Baz
Old 2 Oct 2008, 20:17 (Ref:2303026)   #108
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
110% I can remember... I was looking through some old pictures and came across Anglesey last year. I have never ever seen anyone overtake so many cars in so short a time. Started at the back of a big field and was fighting for 3rd in about 3 or 4 laps.

Now he just needs to apply that sort of mentality to getting well.

Another fan Bob Knightley has created a donations for the air ambulance page. Sara and Sarah-Jane agree to it and I am sure Andy will too so if you feel like doing something material to help then
http://www.justgiving.com/brooklands78
Old 3 Oct 2008, 02:16 (Ref:2303160)   #109
Mr.Jingles
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading, Berkshire
Mr.Jingles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
110% I can remember... I was looking through some old pictures and came across Anglesey last year. I have never ever seen anyone overtake so many cars in so short a time. Started at the back of a big field and was fighting for 3rd in about 3 or 4 laps.

Now he just needs to apply that sort of mentality to getting well.

Another fan Bob Knightley has created a donations for the air ambulance page. Sara and Sarah-Jane agree to it and I am sure Andy will too so if you feel like doing something material to help then
http://www.justgiving.com/brooklands78
I sent a PM to MagnetON suggesting putting a fund together via Ten-Tenths, and am waiting a reply back. Didn't want to start one myself as no one really knows me from adam and it would be funny to set something up like that.

Anyway, I'll certainly chip in.

Last edited by Stephen Green; 3 Oct 2008 at 12:21.
Old 3 Oct 2008, 21:50 (Ref:2303715)   #110
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think this is really something that 10-tenths could easily run, not lease with it being based outside the UK. It's a nice thought but there may be many legal ramifications. The site linked to above is already geared up for this sort of thing and I would recommend staying with the established organisations.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 21:19 (Ref:2304983)   #111
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taken from another forum.....

This weekend has been very hard for our family, Andy amazes us constantly and we are so very proud of him and his achievements.

But we are consistently being told different things by the dr's and nurses, which often leads you on a rollercoaster of emotions.

He managed to sleep on Saturday night for a number of hours without the aid of sedation, and whilst many of us take this for granted, for us as a family and also Andy this was a massive thing. I could have cried when I realised this Sunday morning.

He is getting extremely tired throughout the day as he is wanting so badly to get up and about, but obviously right at this moment it is not possible.

But at the very least the will to do this is there and that in itself is another mountain we have climbed.

As I say, he never ceases to amaze us, it is extremely difficult and upsetting to watch somebody you love so very much in pain and angry because of this, but for us the comfort comes from knowing he is very much loved and cared about and we know he is currently in the best place for him.

SJxx
Old 5 Oct 2008, 21:19 (Ref:2304984)   #112
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
thanks for doing that....
Old 5 Oct 2008, 21:23 (Ref:2304987)   #113
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the update
Old 5 Oct 2008, 21:25 (Ref:2304991)   #114
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
thanks for doing that....
No need to thank me,but your welcome.
i do keep track every day for news of Andy`s health.
As i attended the incident,a day doesn`t go by without thinking about andy,family & friends
Old 6 Oct 2008, 22:35 (Ref:2305684)   #115
MarkH22
Rookie

MarkH22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank to everyone for the news of Andy and the Family. Andy is well respected throughout the motor racing scene and we look forward to having him back soon
Old 7 Oct 2008, 05:11 (Ref:2305807)   #116
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
From Sara last night.

Sorry if it seems myself and Sarah Jane have become a little distant in posting on the forum. Life for us seems to become harder and so much more emotionally draining as the days goes by. Now Andy is more awake I'm afraid you may find our posts are a little less detailed as this is now a very personal and traumatic time for him.
I have sat here on many evenings in the last week reading the new posts and trawling back through the old ones and after a hard day they do truly lift me up. Unfortunately on those evening I didn't have the words to post to you all.

Reality has set in, that not only does Andy still have many more weeks,even months in hospital that the real test will be for him and us on his return home. At the moment we have no normality and I wish I could say it will return however I often wonder if my family will ever be the same as on that Saturday, laughing, joking and just enjoying life together. It's easy to say a year down the line things will be fine however only time will tell and hopefully Andy's determination will bring him through the bad times and out the other side.
For the first time today I saw a Glimpse of the man I love so very much, the man that until now has felt like a stranger to me, lying in that bed.

You know, I am 29 years old and as I ran down the stairs today with my coffee to go back to sit with Andy, I stopped in my tracks and realised just how lucky I am to still have him with me, fighting. He was so very close to not making it off the circuit that day and until yesterday I didn't quite realise just how close I came to becoming a widow. So now for every bad moment I have, I am going to pick myself up, dust myself off and just think how different things could of been.

We have been married 10 years on the 13th May 2009, its also my 30th Birthday on the 13th of April 2009 so next year we have a lot to look forward too and Andy if you get the chance to read this babes, you, me and our beautiful kids have a lot to look forward to. Please be strong and together with our amazing family and friends we will get through this. I love you always xx

Sj I have no words just xxx for you, thanks xx
Old 7 Oct 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2305883)   #117
RIXGE
Racer

RIXGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done so far Sara, I know how your feeling believe me, iv`e been there...
Keep holding on to the dream of having Andy home and back to normality.
Don`t forget to reasure and tell your kids how much you all love them, dont forget its such a confusing time for them too.
It sounds like progress is being made, which is fantastic news for you all.
Keep smilling no matter how much it hurts and keep your chin up.

Keep positive

Rick.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 12:33 (Ref:2306076)   #118
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sara,
Keep strong, be patient. You're doing a fantastic job and we're all thinking of you, we wish we could help you. I'm sure Andy will return to being the way he was, but it will take time, and he's done a remarkable job so far.

Still praying for you all,
Nick.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 17:16 (Ref:2306272)   #119
blueoval2
Racer

England
blueoval2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sara you say andy is a strong man and he is he also have a strong family to help him through his recovery time god bless you all thinking of you always
Old 7 Oct 2008, 20:18 (Ref:2306393)   #120
Mr.Jingles
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading, Berkshire
Mr.Jingles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sara, you are doing more than enough - I've been there (with family, rather than my wife) and I know that Andy will draw his strength from you, and you will draw it back in return from each improvement he makes. It'll take time and it won't be easy, but anything worth doing in life rarely is, sadly.

Everyone I know is pulling for you both - keep strong for him, and know there are people out there, an extended family of racers and racers wives/kids - whom you have never met - thinking of you all.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 20:32 (Ref:2306406)   #121
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
This is a post from Andy`s mum

A Message From Andy's Mum

As Andy's mum I would like to send heartfelt thanks to everyone who has said prayers and sent messages and very kind thoughts to my son and to us, his family. I have not written before and I will probably not write again as I will leave that to Sara and Sarah-Jane but I personally felt I had to send my thanks to you all. The postings have given me and my family great strength. If you ask any mum, no matter how old their children may be, they will tell you,that their children, are still their babies and if they could take the pain off of their child and have it themselves they would do it in an instance.
It is not until there is tragedy like this you realise just how much kindness there still is in the world.

Thanking you all from the bottom of my heart.
Monica Neate x x
Old 8 Oct 2008, 20:33 (Ref:2307053)   #122
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Can't believe we have raised £1000 for the air ambulance - thanks to every body.
and latest update from Sarah Jane
Hi all

I tried extremely hard yesterday to post,but for some reason found it very difficult to know what to say.

Not because anything bad has happened, but I really believe that because we have been on such a rollercoaster of emotions over the last 18 days,I fear I hit emotion overload.

Andy makes progress daily and makes us so very proud of him every single day. I know first hand he has once of the strongest will's I know, his strength of character shines through in everything he does whilst in hospital and we love him even more for this daily.

He continues to make good progress, and amazed myself and Sara yesterday when he made 3 steps unaided. Every single time I think of this it brings a tear to my eye. Infact he does little things everyday that bring tears to my eyes, whether it be something as simple as a wink, mouthing I love you or rolling his eyes at me for being dippy lol. These are the things that constantly remind me how lucky I am to be able to see him daily, as it could so easily have been very different.

He knows how many posts he has been sent on the forums and also about the collection being made for the air ambulance in his honour. Sara tells him about these things constantly.

Today he was moved from the ICU ward to another ward within the hospital, it is another ICU ward,but one that deals with head injuries more than a general ICU.

He has been using the ventilator less and less, and is currently managing 4 hrs per time breathing on his own. This is absolutely fantastic, and again although we know he still has a mountain to climb, we know that right at this moment in time he is headed in the right direction, and doing fantastically.

SJxx
Old 8 Oct 2008, 20:45 (Ref:2307059)   #123
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic news, not only about the money raised, but more importantly the news about Andy. Thanks SJ for the post. Great news.
Old 8 Oct 2008, 21:12 (Ref:2307090)   #124
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thrilled about he progess news. Thumbs up.
Old 8 Oct 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2307091)   #125
Dunc
Rookie

Scotland
Methil, Fife
Dunc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is brilliant news that Andy has managed a few steps unaided and also using the ventilator less. It is also very much apreciated the updates chin up and keep strong, we are all thinking of you all.

Dunc