Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 13 Feb 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2632716)   #101
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the bottom line is who gives a damn what the times are now, all the teams & drivers are doing is getting seat time
as Sir Jack Brabham said "When the flag drops the BS stops!"

i have 1 x 59 second stop watch left Motaworld have just ordered 1 for Jambirchys test!!!!

Last edited by chunterer; 13 Feb 2010 at 21:28.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 05:58 (Ref:2633101)   #102
engbmw
Rookie

Brunei
Brunei
engbmw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fast engines

when reading all this it looks to me some people want to play politics !
please stand on the Pit wall and listen to some engines, they have really a very hard sound and frequency ! and they are not in the red cars this time !
maybe the Meritus Team found something in the car ? they already been in Macau last year a lot faster then the other Asian Teams.
I am convinced that we will see the truth latest in Qualifying for the First Race at the Malaysian GP !
Then some Driver Managers will have to realise that they put their Money in the wrong Horse.

P.S. very amusing comments, exactly like some Team Owners and Team Managers use to talk and so many "insider" Details, amazing its a great joy to read all this !
Old 14 Feb 2010, 14:06 (Ref:2633224)   #103
driftwood
Veteran

If i was driver manager/father i would get teh driver to test in 2 or 3 cars at same track ideally same week to see what happens to times and team performance then decide who to sugn with
some guys sign for the price deal struck
some sign up because they think the team will give them best product to win teh races
some will sign to a team because that is all they can afford
but a team on a lower budget price can be capable of giving god service and results if it is run correctly and they have the will to win same as a driver
Old 14 Feb 2010, 14:22 (Ref:2633230)   #104
petergriffin
Rookie

Vatican City State
petergriffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
meritus columbian in the 10's today and eurasia following close behind. erain drivers all very slow 14's
Old 14 Feb 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2633356)   #105
dragster
Rookie

dragster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergriffin View Post
meritus columbian in the 10's today and eurasia following close behind. erain drivers all very slow 14's
Thank You for the update. Should be not too hot at Sepang for run in the 10's or.... last year every one was very slow, or I miss some point....
It is better wait when all be in Sepang...
Old 14 Feb 2010, 19:57 (Ref:2633360)   #106
jambirchy
Rookie

United Kingdom
croydon
jambirchy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
10s They must have some rockets up there arses, from what i hear last years qually was 12s with plenty of rubber down
Old 15 Feb 2010, 14:46 (Ref:2633815)   #107
petergriffin
Rookie

Vatican City State
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambirchy View Post
10s They must have some rockets up there arses, from what i hear last years qually was 12s with plenty of rubber down
no mate just very fast drivers so be prepared to do low 10's or stay home.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2633828)   #108
bothfeetin
Racer

Macao
Asia but soon GB
bothfeetin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Incredible!!! in the 10th - well I hope that there will be no killing going on at the pits after the official test day. Can hear the shouting from money man to money taker and little darling will be all down - like last year, and that's not only in one pit!
and BMW tech's will be called; trying to please the dumbfounded father and manager alike - to no avail! "That new engine is crap".

And then - times are what - 1/10 down and who changed an engine ? Come on and don't prep yourself for excuses to get more money from daddy! With all due respect - even in Europe it won't happen too often. write me a pm...know a team which will buy all of them and most likely will win with it. Heard the story of the difference a driver makes? Momentum car?

I sincerely only hope that there are not too many drivers reading the "engine dealings" as what do you think will happen? 1/10 down and asking for a "normal" engine; team must be cheating him out of his money if they don't provide a new one. I also hope that Driftwood has nothing to do with the team's financial bottom end.

Yes - I think that this faking will stop soon. Drivers being drivers and they might just hear the different sounds too. Also if you go around the track 300 times - my gosh - you surely must know by now what it looks like!

Jambirchy - do not despair - all talk and scary tactics from so called "Junior Driver Team Managers" - they all forget that this is not were and how they worked before!

There is also one other thing to consider - and see what had happened last couple of years - racing is different from testing!
Old 15 Feb 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2633853)   #109
driftwood
Veteran

dont blame me for any teams down fall
i just sell 59 second stopwatches not illegal engines!!
anyway as i said before wait till the racing starts thats when you see true colours
Old 15 Feb 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2633864)   #110
jambirchy
Rookie

United Kingdom
croydon
jambirchy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
no mate just very fast drivers so be prepared to do low 10's or stay home.
First of all let me tell you i dont care what people hit in free practice we will see what times they can hit in qually & second thing i dont expect to be the fastest when i have no experience even though we all would like to win, so i wont stay home because of talk
Old 16 Feb 2010, 01:33 (Ref:2634127)   #111
engbmw
Rookie

Brunei
Brunei
Quote:

First of all let me tell you i dont care what people hit in free practice we will see what times they can hit in qually & second thing i dont expect to be the fastest when i have no experience even though we all would like to win, so i wont stay home because of talk
James,

good talk and right attitude !
welcome to Asia, take on the competition, forget that negative talking here !
only official time sheets counts, there are no points for fast testing times.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 02:02 (Ref:2634135)   #112
engbmw
Rookie

Brunei
Brunei
Quote:
Originally Posted by bothfeetin View Post
Incredible!!! in the 10th - well I hope that there will be no killing going on at the pits after the official test day. Can hear the shouting from money man to money taker and little darling will be all down - like last year, and that's not only in one pit!
and BMW tech's will be called; trying to please the dumbfounded father and manager alike - to no avail! "That new engine is crap".

And then - times are what - 1/10 down and who changed an engine ? Come on and don't prep yourself for excuses to get more money from daddy! With all due respect - even in Europe it won't happen too often. write me a pm...know a team which will buy all of them and most likely will win with it. Heard the story of the difference a driver makes? Momentum car?

I sincerely only hope that there are not too many drivers reading the "engine dealings" as what do you think will happen? 1/10 down and asking for a "normal" engine; team must be cheating him out of his money if they don't provide a new one. I also hope that Driftwood has nothing to do with the team's financial bottom end.

Yes - I think that this faking will stop soon. Drivers being drivers and they might just hear the different sounds too. Also if you go around the track 300 times - my gosh - you surely must know by now what it looks like!

Jambirchy - do not despair - all talk and scary tactics from so called "Junior Driver Team Managers" - they all forget that this is not were and how they worked before!

There is also one other thing to consider - and see what had happened last couple of years - racing is different from testing!
yes, 2:10.84 to be exact and in the last Session all 3 drivers been within 4/10 on a 10 Lap Race run !
Truth we will see on the Official Test when all are on sealed Engines and we might have some surprises coming up.
I wish I could have access to the Pits of all the the Teams and listen to all the complaints of Daddys and Managers !
Very often the Car and Setup is rated too high, all forget about the little head between steering Wheel and Roll-hoop, who looks after 5 laps like he have done a 12 Round Boxing fight.
The only reason why Teams like Eurointernational can come here and win is simple:
their Drivers are fit to max and totally focused on their Job, obviously their cars are prepared well and very professional, but lets put it straight, after so many years of FBMW their are no secrets anymore !
So, Teams in FBMW Pacific wake up, look how the 4 Top Teams in Europe work !
They not just ask for Money, but as well total committment from the Drivers and we could see last year, if Drivers dont bring that committment they get fired !!!!
Old 16 Feb 2010, 03:44 (Ref:2634157)   #113
bothfeetin
Racer

Macao
Asia but soon GB
bothfeetin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So nice to read some comments which make sense! Really!
The publicly ( this forum is available to read for the public and is often on Google!) negative attitudes are non productive here and will only harm the series in general - often lead to the demise of such - then all the ones who depended financially on it are crying and find excuses for themselves.

Jokes aside - the stopwatch theory is a good one - has some truth even though not completely the same. To tell a driver to stay home if he cannot beat the cheaters....purpose of it was what? Good that the driver has more backbone - see even his "real" name will not hinder him to comment and also come and try!

And I also agree completely with the thoughts re Euro and the teams there; dedication, fitness and giving 100% to the team - that makes winners; not the hampered and many big mouthing drivers we here in Asia have as they cannot take the pressure. I feel ashamed, as one living here, sometimes when these drivers and parents start to complain and the teams just throwing more Hamburgers at them rather then doing what A.Ferrari does - kick them out or at least the parent! Seen and heard him many times! Made even the driver cry and beg to forgive - what a dude he is! But results are there!

Re engines and 1/10 to throw out! Seem to have seen the other side of it too - 2008 Macau GP - Chaves crashed in Q after putting 3rd or 4th fastest time; the Atlantic team got the car in 3 pieces back; they and the Holzer gang with their crashes worked to whole night; Chaves car in the morning had still the clutch problem as - afterwards seen - the engine - old one!!!! - leaked; he made what? 4th place only to chase after the 3 Euro drivers. NONE of the regulars was even close to him! What did Ferrari do? Ran him in the Americas in 2009 - became hands down Champ in 2009.

I just called one of the ART mechanics to verify - engine had 1/2 time on it already. He offered to sell it to Driftwood or trade it for a stopwatch - haha!

And...Driftwood - no PM from you yet for all the engines you have! How about it?

Jambirch - easy does it....they already play with your mind...stop reading!
Old 16 Feb 2010, 09:15 (Ref:2634248)   #114
driftwood
Veteran

Ive fitted the engines to Valentino rossi`s grand prix bike as they are so good!
as we have said before the real times will come in official qualifying at the races
I remember John watson driving for Mclaren 80 81? never qualified that well ALWAYS finished in top 3 and once won from "wrong" side of midfield!

I also think there is a small culture problem in this region of motor racing
some private egos to fluff up and some "social climbing" issues create problems for teams / managers fathers maybe loosing "face" as junior is not beating some other driver who is on the social ladder 1 rung below
I am sure some of the residents of the region will understand that well !!

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and it will show up on the track
Old 16 Feb 2010, 12:40 (Ref:2634337)   #115
petergriffin
Rookie

Vatican City State

Quote:

hey james, no offence intended, just joking lah. hope you are not as serious as all these other guys - chill abit and we all know it is racecraft which is the most important thing at the end of the day
Old 17 Feb 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2634853)   #116
driftwood
Veteran

UPDATE FOR THE GUYS WHO THINK ENGINE NOTE IS SOUNDING "DIFFERENT"

THE CARS ARE RUNNING STRAIGHT THROUGH PIPES AND REMOVED THE CAT AS THEY ARE EXPENSIVE AND WEAR OUT
THERE IS NO PERFORMANCE GAIN WITH OR WITHOUT THEM
ITS JUST PURE ECONOMICS ON WEAR N TEAR
Old 17 Feb 2010, 14:01 (Ref:2634971)   #117
engbmw
Rookie

Brunei
Brunei
Driftwood,

the situation is much more simple:
in Karting their daddys could buy the best engine, tyres etc
in FBMW the engine are very equal, i had quite a lot on the dyno and never seen more then a difference of +/- 1.5 HP !!!
but we all know if the boys do a few times over 10k rpm the engine soon give up !
last but not least the setups may be slightly different, but , again we all know that the driver makes at least 50% !
if you give them "the best Setup" very often you find that they cannot use it, because when then Grip comes their soft hands and arms shudder . but they train hard in A/C equipped gym and they do at least 3 times a week 20km on a race bike
so they are incrediable fit !
Old 17 Feb 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2634976)   #118
engbmw
Rookie

Brunei
Brunei
everybody is running without cat
so where is the point ?
the reason the cats melt is because some teams play with the throttle pot and thereby change the position in the ecu map and the fuelling !
just for information:
overfuelling in part thottle condition cause the lambda map to lean mixture
as there is no lambda control under full throttle the part throttle correcting will be used and interpolated in full throttle fueling, which then might be a bit lean, thats why the cats melt !
Old 18 Feb 2010, 00:12 (Ref:2635284)   #119
driftwood
Veteran

are you sure the Cats melt?
what about the things rattling and then the inners fall apart and they fail scrutineering!
Have your tried the throttle pot positioning on the dyno to see what happens?
Old 18 Feb 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2635460)   #120
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

UPDATED by Lam Pak

Team E-Rain:
Jordan Oon, Jin Soo Geen,

Meritus: Óscar Andrés Tunjo, Fahim Illyas? Pasin Lathouras?

Petronas MOFAZ:
Calvin Wong, Ryan Ritchie, Natasha Seatter, Abang Amirrul

Eurasia:
Duvashen Padayachee, Richard Bradley, Kotaru Sakurai, Muhd Nabil Jeffri

Champ Motorsport:
Jim Kato?

Atlantic:
Jesse Dixon, Kent Cross?

Pacific Racing:
Chang Mun Shien, Ryan Haryanto?

Asia Racing Team:
Suriya Bala, Hong Wei Cao?

Motaworld Racing: Steele Guiliana, James Birch, Michelle Gatting? Dylan Young?

Eurointernational:
(some rounds)

help me with update instead of barbarian gossip engine talking. got it?
Old 18 Feb 2010, 10:45 (Ref:2635468)   #121
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ao's not involved?
Old 18 Feb 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2635601)   #122
driftwood
Veteran

whats wrong with the engine gossip?
Its all an education for some people and for others that stops the people talking crap
Old 18 Feb 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2635839)   #123
dragster
Rookie

dragster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam Pak View Post
UPDATED by Lam Pak

Team E-Rain: Jordan Oon, Jin Soo Geen,

Meritus: Óscar Andrés Tunjo, Fahim Illyas? Pasin Lathouras?

Petronas MOFAZ: Calvin Wong, Ryan Ritchie, Natasha Seatter, Abang Amirrul

Eurasia: Duvashen Padayachee, Richard Bradley, Kotaru Sakurai, Muhd Nabil Jeffri

Champ Motorsport: Jim Kato?

Atlantic: Jesse Dixon, Kent Cross?

Pacific Racing: Chang Mun Shien, Ryan Haryanto?

Asia Racing Team: Suriya Bala, Hong Wei Cao?

Motaworld Racing: Steele Guiliana, James Birch, Michelle Gatting? Dylan Young?

Eurointernational: (some rounds)

help me with update instead of barbarian gossip engine talking. got it?
It is very interesting follow all the engine gossips and technical considerations. Look like someone has already tried all .....in the teams where belong....but just wait April 3 qualify to get all answers....may be someone not in the above will go under '10 in Sepang with a legal car and a sealed engine....Will be good to know the names behind the Team without drivers listed, because they have "cleaned the plate" since Singapore '09 in Formula BMW Pacific and they will compete in all 2010 events not only ....(some rounds)....
Old 18 Feb 2010, 22:34 (Ref:2635910)   #124
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quick one guys....

I can see this thread potentially getting into a silly row, so talk about anything at all related to the series by all means but keep it sensible and keep it pleasant!!

Cheers
chunty
Old 19 Feb 2010, 00:43 (Ref:2635966)   #125
petergriffin
Rookie

Vatican City State
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Quick one guys....

I can see this thread potentially getting into a silly row, so talk about anything at all related to the series by all means but keep it sensible and keep it pleasant!!

Cheers
chunty
well said, my sentiments exactly
Closed Thread