Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Aug 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2749095)   #101
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was wondering about that too. Maybe it is a simple scenario of Mr Atherton knowing more than us? or optimism?
ah, but if you only knew what Scott knows
Old 23 Aug 2010, 17:59 (Ref:2749098)   #102
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I don't know how the LMPC chassis have changed hands since landing on US soil, or how many are here for that matter. The car that Primetime ran is presumably available, and I thought I heard on SPEED yesterday that the Intersport car was a new chassis for that race, what happened to the old one? And like you said, Comprent may have one and there was a rumor prior to Sebring of a chassis sitting in Alex Job's shop. So I guess what I'm getting at is there might already be 10 lmpc cars in the States and you're right, they could be entered.
there has been a couple of changes, but all very small, easy to retrofit. Nothing major.

Speed TV did say the Intersport car was a new chassis. Maybe that was the Primetime car, wasn't there some disagreement about who owned/paid for what when Marcelli was at Primetime. maybe it was his old car? I don't know.

Was it ever confirmed AJR had a chassis. I know they were looking into it at the end of 09, but the deal to race never came off, so chassis may never have reached AJR or sold on to one of the other teams.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2749107)   #103
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
there has been a couple of changes, but all very small, easy to retrofit. Nothing major.

Speed TV did say the Intersport car was a new chassis. Maybe that was the Primetime car, wasn't there some disagreement about who owned/paid for what when Marcelli was at Primetime. maybe it was his old car? I don't know.

Was it ever confirmed AJR had a chassis. I know they were looking into it at the end of 09, but the deal to race never came off, so chassis may never have reached AJR or sold on to one of the other teams.
I as well thought maybe Marcelli owned at least part of the car at Primetime, but that wouldn't be a new car then since it was raced. I wonder if there is a chassis history available for the FLM/LMPC cars?
The AJR car was just speculation as far as I know.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2749173)   #104
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Vogel, most of the GTC drivers are NOT just "some unknown guy." The same can be said for quite a few of the LMPC drivers as well. So, once again, you're REALLY overblowing this.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2749181)   #105
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
ah, but if you only knew what Scott knows
So, care to expound on this??

L.P.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2749193)   #106
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
So, care to expound on this??

L.P.
I think we were just poking fun at Mr. A. and how "if you only know what I know" has been one of his favorite ways to skirt questions regarding car counts and new teams and so on and so on.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2749196)   #107
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I as well thought maybe Marcelli owned at least part of the car at Primetime, but that wouldn't be a new car then since it was raced. I wonder if there is a chassis history available for the FLM/LMPC cars?
The AJR car was just speculation as far as I know.
As far as I know AJR had planned an LMPC program initially, but decided to sick with Porches as that's always been their area of expertise. Them the Gonzalez deal came (and went), ans now theyre back at 1 car.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 00:11 (Ref:2749258)   #108
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is the first year in the history of the race that I am going to miss (I saw the GT1 flip in 1998). My dad will be going and I think he talked my mom into it so he is not alone (he better load up on the wine). I am doing my studies for the fall in the UK (Glasgow) and wondering if there is a viewing party in the city that anyone knows about or even if they show this thing live over there?
Old 24 Aug 2010, 00:19 (Ref:2749259)   #109
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
This is the first year in the history of the race that I am going to miss (I saw the GT1 flip in 1998). My dad will be going and I think he talked my mom into it so he is not alone (he better load up on the wine). I am doing my studies for the fall in the UK (Glasgow) and wondering if there is a viewing party in the city that anyone knows about or even if they show this thing live over there?
Welcome!

Sorry you are missing the race, and sorry I can't help in your adventures across the pond, but enjoy them.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 00:23 (Ref:2749260)   #110
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the record, last year's supplemental regulations allowed for a maximum of 52 cars in the event.

And their might be 6 classes (plus one car unclassified), and yes some are single-make/spec, but I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it no matter what's on the track.

Still trying to see if I can scam a way down there for my fourth PLM... not looking likely though.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 00:48 (Ref:2749266)   #111
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Motors TV will be showing the race Live and uninterrupted here in the UK
Old 24 Aug 2010, 03:14 (Ref:2749292)   #112
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thanks for the welcome and the info
Old 24 Aug 2010, 04:47 (Ref:2749300)   #113
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_44 View Post
For the record, last year's supplemental regulations allowed for a maximum of 52 cars in the event.

And their might be 6 classes (plus one car unclassified), and yes some are single-make/spec, but I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it no matter what's on the track.

Still trying to see if I can scam a way down there for my fourth PLM... not looking likely though.
The first PLM had 7 classes.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2749599)   #114
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
With Fassler in an Audi for Petit, looks like Corvette Racing will be drafting in a new 3rd driver for the 4 car.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2749608)   #115
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
With Fassler in an Audi for Petit, looks like Corvette Racing will be drafting in a new 3rd driver for the 4 car.
Fassler was last year, this year the third driver in the #4 was Manu Collard.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 18:19 (Ref:2749610)   #116
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post

L.P.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 18:32 (Ref:2749619)   #117
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Oh that's right, my bad...
Old 25 Aug 2010, 01:33 (Ref:2749766)   #118
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Oh that's right, my bad...
At Elkhart Lake last weekend, the two cars had three drivers listed on their roofs but I didn't pay attention to who the third drivers were. Sorry!
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:15 (Ref:2749773)   #119
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maiantic has the Audi drivers listed:

Quote:
Dindo Capello, Tom Kristensen, Allan McNish
Marcel Fässler, André Lotterer, Benoît Treluyer
No surprise there.

However, the Lola Aston has been removed for the Mariantic list.
I was really hoping to see that one....

Edit: Still on the ILMC list and...
They have entered Silverstone
Old 25 Aug 2010, 05:42 (Ref:2749781)   #120
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
thanks for the welcome and the info
You might find it hard to find a TV with Motors on it so look around in plenty of time!
Old 25 Aug 2010, 07:02 (Ref:2749794)   #121
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Jacques Nicolet has re-confirmed 2 Oak Pecarolo P-2s for Petit and 1 for Zhuhai. Here

L.P.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 08:24 (Ref:2749821)   #122
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Proper confirmation, Timo and Romain in the GT3-R Hybrid at Petit Le Mans. http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5121.html And, surprisingly... joined by Rocky! So the Le Mans-winning trio in an unclassified "rolling experiment" racing car. Kind of odd... however, if it keeps a good pace, it can plonk itself in the middle of the GT2 field because it can run some time longer on its fuel.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 08:57 (Ref:2749837)   #123
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Perhaps this is an indication that Audi will use the Porsche KERS system next year in the R18. This way Rocky gets some experience with the system. Just some speculation
Old 25 Aug 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2749901)   #124
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Jacques Nicolet has re-confirmed 2 Oak Pecarolo P-2s for Petit and 1 for Zhuhai. Here
Good stuff!
Old 25 Aug 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2749945)   #125
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Hybrid Porsche will be in attendance, with a pretty solid driver line up...

http://www.americanlemans.com/primar...cat=news|15189