Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jul 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3104376)   #101
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Hello Mr Bailey - great to have you involved as a manufacturer and wish you and the team all the best in getting it to run in a few series and at Le Sarthe next year.

Must say, I'm also very intrigued by this line: Choice of homologated BMW, Lexus, Toyota or Nissan 5000 cm³
Old 10 Jul 2012, 12:39 (Ref:3104613)   #102
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbailey View Post
Hello Badger

Thank you for the invite to 10tenths. sorry for the wait.
i;ve read through the forum briefly and i'll try answer some questions.

To Start with our car was on display this year at Le Mans 24 hour. in an effort to help secure sponsors and awareness for our potential customer. SBarta sports. The car was painted in full South African colours and displayed the Bailey cars company sponsors and partners for the project.These sponsors have been loyal to Bailey Cars over the years of racing in South Africa they were not however racing sponsors of the LMP car at Le Mans.
Hi Greg ..... nice you made it to the forum

Yep , Im real excited for your chassis , and hopefully you will be in a good position to place a couple of chassis around the world in the various Le Mans series of championships .

It doesnt sound easy trying to break into a small niche market , especially given the currant economic situation .

Whats the story on who designed the little beast , and how it came about ..... the background to the project , if you dont mind .

Normally Im very sceptical about something new , from a new manufacturer ..... especially operating from so far afield . But Ive got a feelin in me waters about this .

Unfortunate but a positive plus for chassis sales must be the currant situation concerning Lola . Do you find it difficult trying to sell a chassis from a new manufacturer , like breaking in on the scene ?

I didnt ever really hear anything out about the test Sbarda did late last year ..... be nice to hear how that went . I did however see a utube vid of the high speed testing ye were doing , I think Fouche-Van der Merve were involved with that

Ive been in touch with George Fouche , and Ive asked him if he will ever be back at Le Mans again . He kinda hinted that he would like to be there next year ..... so I kinda asked if it could be with a Bailey P2 ....... he kinda didnt want to say too much more ..... my impression is he will be there with a P2 Bailey , whose , I dont know !!! My hunch .....

Will there be any plans for you to showcase your own product with the very first South African team ?

Ive already heard a rumour of a possible South African team for 2013 ..... be magic to see one .

Tell ya what , let Sbarda do the LMS , and you go do the WEC !!!

Anyway , thanks for popping along to the forum , and taking some time to keep us up to date with this project .

Best of luck

Badger
Old 10 Jul 2012, 12:47 (Ref:3104616)   #103
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Love the secret weapon ..... the intake , looks like some kinda James Bond rocket launcher ..... with an Oreca seeker installed !!!

http://www.baileycars.co.za/index.ph...d=86&Itemid=57
Old 10 Jul 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3104853)   #104
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Nothing to add other than to wish you the best of luck.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3105011)   #105
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
What he said.
It's ALWAYS good to find new faces!
Old 11 Jul 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3105033)   #106
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Since there is a South African version of this car I am wondering if there is a series for LMPs (or at least LMP-ish protos) in South Africa or if that version is just a track day car.

Anyone know?
Old 11 Jul 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3105035)   #107
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Shelby Can Am series:
http://www.shelbycanam.co.za

But it's a spec series.
Don't know if there are other prototype series.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3105142)   #108
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Shelby Can Am series:
http://www.shelbycanam.co.za

But it's a spec series.
Don't know if there are other prototype series.
OFF-TOPIC:

And this is why single-seater LMP cars can fit well with the rest of the grid that consists of double-seaters.

Still, I hope the owner can sell the Bailey P2 to some teams from either ALMS, ELMS, or WEC.