Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Nov 2012, 17:12 (Ref:3170608)   #101
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Has anyone ever gone back to McLaren?
It isn't really relevant to the discussion, but Prost did. Frankly it is rare for any driver to go back to any team. Carry on though.
Old 24 Nov 2012, 17:17 (Ref:3170611)   #102
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
To me, there's enough pointers there to indicate that Lewis has placed his commercial best interests ahead of his driving.
i don't know if you read f1elvis' blog, but it's worth a read, particularly with what he has to say about the team and lewis. he's very good at explaining the human aspect of what was going on. draw all the conclusions you like about commercial reasons but to me it feels like when you've had a job for a while and you actually like the work a lot but the general attitude and the people you work with just don't work any more and you're looking for another job.

if you were offered a job with better benefits but similar pay, perhaps one in which you'd have to work longer hours but your actions were going to be key in helping the company grow and become more successful and profitable... you'd probably gamble on it wouldn't you? it's all very well having your feet under the table at your current job but if you're a bit bored and fancy a challenge...
Old 7 Dec 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3176128)   #103
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hamilton might go back to McLaren in the future

"You can never say never and I've had a great time" he said "I think it will always be my home"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104746
Old 8 Dec 2012, 00:34 (Ref:3176375)   #104
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Frankly it is rare for any driver to go back to any team. Carry on though.
Just out of interest, is it really that rare? Off the top of my head i can think of Brundle, Herbert, Berger, Massa, Alonso, Prost, Heidfeld and Mansell all racing for the same team at two seperate stages of their career. Three times for Mansell.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 00:56 (Ref:3176385)   #105
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Derek Warwick also thinks that Lewis maybe regretting his decision
Old 8 Dec 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3176446)   #106
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Just out of interest, is it really that rare? Off the top of my head i can think of Brundle, Herbert, Berger, Massa, Alonso, Prost, Heidfeld and Mansell all racing for the same team at two seperate stages of their career. Three times for Mansell.
That is looking quite rare then. Massa didn't race anywhere in between.

Mansell is a great example. Most similar to Hamilton. The first time could be considered similar to the current situation. The second time he left he wasn't a happy bunny.

There was Graham Hill too.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3176452)   #107
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
So in other words Mr V, Prost is the only driver that has ever gone back to McLaren having left.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 17:01 (Ref:3176568)   #108
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
It is rumoured that McLaren's first offer was a wage cut. I think they may be regretting that decision now.
I reckon Ron was trying to be smart thinking that Hamilton had nowhere else to go... Funny how that turned out eh?
Old 8 Dec 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3176602)   #109
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
So in other words Mr V, Prost is the only driver that has ever gone back to McLaren having left.
And even then only after A) Teddy Mayer was gone and B) there were no other options, what with Renault ditching him so late.

That said, I think Hamilton could well go back one day. The sentiment, both from Hamilton and the team, since he left after Brazil has surprised me. There has been a warmth I hadn't perhaps expected after the last two seasons.

Of course Hamilton will have regrets. But he needs to try something else, either permanently or temporarily. More power to him.
Old 9 Dec 2012, 18:28 (Ref:3176860)   #110
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Hamilton might go back to McLaren in the future

"You can never say never and I've had a great time" he said "I think it will always be my home"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104746
Saying that before he has even planted his bum in a Mercedes tells me that he is regretting the move.
Old 9 Dec 2012, 19:04 (Ref:3176871)   #111
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Probably, but it also indicates that he is being nice.
Old 9 Dec 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3176874)   #112
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Exactly right Adam, he is leaving the door open which is always a good thing, and letting Martin and Ron know how much he holds McLaren close to his heart..
Old 9 Dec 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3176881)   #113
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, exactly - never burn any bridges. you don't know who you're going to end up working with or alongside in the future. or who you might want to go back to
Old 9 Dec 2012, 22:46 (Ref:3176943)   #114
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Saying that before he has even planted his bum in a Mercedes tells me that he is regretting the move.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Exactly right Adam, he is leaving the door open which is always a good thing, and letting Martin and Ron know how much he holds McLaren close to his heart..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
yeah, exactly - never burn any bridges. you don't know who you're going to end up working with or alongside in the future. or who you might want to go back to
Yes, I just think that people see too much in nothing at all. This is all good PR and we see this happening in all kind of sports. He was champion there and had a great time, SURE he would love to come back some day.