Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Sep 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3311010)   #101
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I can see Colin getting a bit fed up with being bumped out of races. Its such a shame as he is a driver that would pretty much never do the same to another competitor. To be on the receiving end of such driving time and time again must be a real pain in the ass. He has been knocked out of the lead twice, and he was leading race 3 until the SC came out. I'm gutted for him.

If it wasn't for these incidents he would probably still be in a shout with the title, though in reality it was the slow start to the season which hampered his title challenge.
I would agree with that, of all the top drivers in the championship I think Colin is the cleanest off them and he always has been.

IMO the safety car spolit the race.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3311016)   #102
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I see Turks was rammed out of race 3 then by Jackson it seems. I can see Colin getting a bit fed up with being bumped out of races. Its such a shame as he is a driver that would pretty much never do the same to another competitor. To be on the receiving end of such driving time and time again must be a real pain in the ass. He has been knocked out of the lead twice, and he was leading race 3 until the SC came out. I'm gutted for him.

If it wasn't for these incidents he would probably still be in a shout with the title, though in reality it was the slow start to the season which hampered his title challenge.
that's the price you have to pay for having a RWD car in BTCC
Old 30 Sep 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3311019)   #103
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
IMO the safety car spolit the race.
A real pity when you consider that the safety car was only needed because the debris was in a dangerous spot and they couldn't trust some of the pack to obey the yellow flags and slow down to make it safe for the marshal, something that I'm sure Turkington would have done.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 11:44 (Ref:3311029)   #104
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
that's the price you have to pay for having a RWD car in BTCC
I agree and disagree. It shouldn't even be a consideration, but sadly it is. Do drivers "attack" a RWD car differently to a FWD car? Do they approach a BMW and think "ok, I better not tap him because he will spin out easier?"

If drivers were penalised strongly enough, they would stop doing it. If you cause another driver to spin out then the incident should be looked at without question. If you have been found guilty, then you should be thrown to the back of the grid for the next race, racing licence endorsed and fined.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 11:49 (Ref:3311031)   #105
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I agree and disagree. It shouldn't even be a consideration, but sadly it is. Do drivers "attack" a RWD car differently to a FWD car? Do they approach a BMW and think "ok, I better not tap him because he will spin out easier?"

If drivers were penalised strongly enough, they would stop doing it. If you cause another driver to spin out then the incident should be looked at without question. If you have been found guilty, then you should be thrown to the back of the grid for the next race, racing licence endorsed and fined.
Or better still.

In days gone by, if your actions caused another driver to loose places, or retire from the race, you could expect to be penalized in the same way.

That's almost a direct quote from David Leslie.

Sadly, those days gone by where days of sport, not entertainment and excluding people from results, whilst it would stem the poor driving standards, would also detract from "the show".
Old 30 Sep 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3311050)   #106
FFSM
Rookie

FFSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Unfortunately for Colin, he's likely to suffer when lesser drivers - put in a position by to attack him by reverse grids, ballast, tyres and boost amendments etc - get frustrated at their inability to pass and resort to bumping.

Nature of the beast. The BMW's get great starts but are vulnerable from behind.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 14:10 (Ref:3311077)   #107
TimRTC
Racer

With all this discussion of the front runners, it was good to see the rookies racing hard but cleanly all day. Adrian Moffat had a good duel with Lea Wood in the first two races while Howard Fuller looked to be racing well in the Vauxhall Insignia, hopefully he will get a fulltime drive next season.

As a bonus, here is the Matt Neal/Sam Tordoff T-bone incident.

Old 30 Sep 2013, 14:46 (Ref:3311092)   #108
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
How many times have TH re-liveried those cars, they must have spent more on vinyl than half the grid put together.....
Old 30 Sep 2013, 15:27 (Ref:3311102)   #109
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else think that Matt Neal said to the stewards "if he can't take it, he shouldn't give it!" Looks like Matt's gonna have to watch out if either MG ends up behind him!

Kudos to Dan Welch, driving up there and pulling off some ballsy moves when he must've been in agony. He's really got my respect now.

And Andy Jordan must've been scared to hell at the start of each race. R1, he had Neate behind him on the grid, R2 he had Adam Morgan and R3 he had Plato!
Old 30 Sep 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3311107)   #110
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Can't help but feel sorry for Turkington, how many points has he lost by being turfed out of races?
Old 30 Sep 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3311110)   #111
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Can't help but feel sorry for Turkington, how many points has he lost by being turfed out of races?
Lots.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3311111)   #112
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lots.
1 or 2 wins at Snett (depends whether you think Jordan's incident was racing) and this here are the big ones.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 17:14 (Ref:3311130)   #113
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I personally think yesterday had the best racing of all year for all categories.

In BTCC terms: Parity seemed quite good yesterday which was a blessed relief.

The two incidents. Neal and Tordoff was 50/50. They were nudging and bumping all the way through Brooklands and Luffield. It was inevitable.

As for Jackson and Turkington, my understanding is a light bit of contact broke Turkington's suspension. Jackson didn't turn him round. It's not just the BTCC with the RWD issue it happens in the WTCC and remember Turkington got turned round in his one-off Superstars round...
Old 30 Sep 2013, 19:56 (Ref:3311176)   #114
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
As for Jackson and Turkington, my understanding is a light bit of contact broke Turkington's suspension. Jackson didn't turn him round. It's not just the BTCC with the RWD issue it happens in the WTCC and remember Turkington got turned round in his one-off Superstars round...
Jackson turned him round. Otherwise why would he have been punished?

He'll just dust himself off and get on with it like the professional he is. Wasted in a series like the BTCC to be honest. As for "that's what happens when you drive a BMW in the BTCC", that's just utter rubbish.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3311181)   #115
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Jackson turned him round. Otherwise why would he have been punished?

He'll just dust himself off and get on with it like the professional he is. Wasted in a series like the BTCC to be honest. As for "that's what happens when you drive a BMW in the BTCC", that's just utter rubbish.
No it was prior contact that broke the suspension I believe. Wasted in a series like the BTCC? He is immensely talented and the series is one of the best touring car series. I for one hope and think he will stay in the series. He has been trying so hard to get back he won't just walk away. It's not just the driving either. It's the fans and the atmosphere. The drivers love it. He loves it at WSR. Lets not knock the series over an incident that has been dealt with. Why can't some people admit the series is as near as damn it back to it's best? If Jordan wins the title then all things being equal we will have 5 worthy champions on the grid next year.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3311185)   #116
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No it was prior contact that broke the suspension I believe. Wasted in a series like the BTCC? He is immensely talented and the series is one of the best touring car series. I for one hope and think he will stay in the series. He has been trying so hard to get back he won't just walk away. It's not just the driving either. It's the fans and the atmosphere. The drivers love it. He loves it at WSR. Lets not knock the series over an incident that has been dealt with. Why can't some people admit the series is as near as damn it back to it's best? If Jordan wins the title then all things being equal we will have 5 worthy champions on the grid next year.
Anyone who is saying that it is back to it's best either wasn't around 15 years ago or is delusional.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3311209)   #117
BtccLee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Anyone who is saying that it is back to it's best either wasn't around 15 years ago or is delusional.
Ok maybe over stating the point but the series is in rude health right now... Interestingly if Jordan takes the title and nothing much changes, for 2014 we will have 5 champions with 8 titles between them...
Old 30 Sep 2013, 21:32 (Ref:3311210)   #118
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I never said he'd walk away. I said he'd just get on with it, despite the setbacks. It's just my personal opinion that he's wasted in a series like the BTCC with his talent at the peak of his career. A real shame that the sort of drives Andy Priaulx and Rob Huff picked up are not available these days. Not dissing the BTCC at all, I like it in the main. Just stop taking every slight negative comment about the BTCC so personally.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 06:51 (Ref:3311307)   #119
BtccLee
Veteran

Quote:
I never said he'd walk away. I said he'd just get on with it, despite the setbacks. It's just my personal opinion that he's wasted in a series like the BTCC with his talent at the peak of his career. A real shame that the sort of drives Andy Priaulx and Rob Huff picked up are not available these days. Not dissing the BTCC at all, I like it in the main. Just stop taking every slight negative comment about the BTCC so personally.
Ok, you are right I do get a bit silly with comments like that. I do apologise and see the point you're making there
Old 1 Oct 2013, 07:09 (Ref:3311311)   #120
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well at least NGTC rules are cheap enough for some privateers to take the fight to the big boys, which is something the Supertourers never gave us, with the exception of Neal.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3311438)   #121
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else see Tom Chilton on the grid and in the Dynamics pit?
Old 1 Oct 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3311445)   #122
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
He and his family were guests of the team, which he drove for in the past. Wouldn't read much into that personally? Or was he the standby driver?
Old 1 Oct 2013, 13:44 (Ref:3311470)   #123
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He and his family were guests of the team, which he drove for in the past. Wouldn't read much into that personally? Or was he the standby driver?
Team Dynamics were quite open about the fact that Tom & his family were guests of theirs over the weekend, don't believe it was anymore than that!

As per last year I believe Gio was on standby if Neal couldn't race, but in all honesty having been cleared to race previously with his other hand injuries, I don't think Matt was expecting to be told he couldn't race!
Old 1 Oct 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3311524)   #124
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
A little thought crossed my head that he could be there for more than just to watch the racing..
Old 1 Oct 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3311530)   #125
TimRTC
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
A little thought crossed my head that he could be there for more than just to watch the racing..
Trying to get Max a 2014 ride perhaps?