Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:14 (Ref:4178909)   #101
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Ho, no! The leading MG B stopped on the track now. Too bad.
Not before it did a 3:09.265! (previous best a 9.8)
Back running now and still leading GTS11
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:14 (Ref:4178910)   #102
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The TVR which was on the virtual podium is now stopped. A pure shame, I love this car.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:15 (Ref:4178911)   #103
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Not before it did a 3:09.265! (previous best a 9.8)
Back running now and still leading GTS11
Sure of this?
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:19 (Ref:4178912)   #104
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Technical flag for the Galaxie.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:19 (Ref:4178913)   #105
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like the GALAXIE is picking up the pace.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:25 (Ref:4178914)   #106
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So what's happened I can't make head or tail of this live timing. What does an orange "O" mean?
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:25 (Ref:4178915)   #107
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Pit stop and stopped on the track it seems.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:26 (Ref:4178916)   #108
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OUT OF THE PITS. Spanish language.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:27 (Ref:4178917)   #109
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sure of this?
Was when I posted but seems to be 2nd now behind 911.#165
Unless I got the wrong MGB. See there are two B's 2nd and 3rd... #62 & #371 both done a 9.2
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:28 (Ref:4178918)   #110
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
OUT OF THE PITS. Spanish language.
Thanks.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:29 (Ref:4178919)   #111
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
MPS: my pleasure, Sir.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:31 (Ref:4178922)   #112
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Seems it's still running.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:33 (Ref:4178923)   #113
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Unless I got the wrong MGB.
I think so. But hard to follow live as stated above.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:34 (Ref:4178924)   #114
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
So what's happened I can't make head or tail of this live timing. What does an orange "O" mean?
Outlap I think.

Edit: Whoops Gerry beat me to it as I poured a glass of red!

Just noticed I lost n hour of my life. Our clocks just went forward an hour. Thought I must have dozed off!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:35 (Ref:4178925)   #115
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Safety Car is getting plenty of laps today!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:36 (Ref:4178927)   #116
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Seems it's still running.
Yes. My understanding is that something went wrong on the car they then had to stop in the pits to fix it, then back on the track, stopped on the track and back in the race. GG: Galaxie Gladiators!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:40 (Ref:4178929)   #117
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The Lotus Elan #600 back on the virtual podium! Wont last for long I fear.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:45 (Ref:4178930)   #118
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
So letting Merv the Swirve out next . Hopefully I can do a bit later . She is still running . Just had Eddie Vee turn up in the Box . Wonderful to catch up with a tenther of old
Brilliant.

Love the live reports Iain.

I recall Eddie arriving with a new front hub bearing to fix the ailing Motorhome back whenever it was I did the Spa trip with you.

Seems like ages and yet only yesterday ...
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:48 (Ref:4178931)   #119
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Breathtaking race. Margaux 2016. Gianduja chocolate. One hour to go.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:49 (Ref:4178932)   #120
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks.
Yeah, Outlap.

Most confusing when and if it has been indicating STOPPED, in one of the timed sectors, for about an hour.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4178935)   #121
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Breathtaking race. Margaux 2016. Gianduja chocolate. One hour to go.
Hmm.

Chianti for me, topped up with some Primitivo when the Chianti expired in the middle of cooking.

I avoided the chocolat. Half a packet of tiny peanuts instead. Courtesy of Aldi.

Either way I have doubts about the level of health assistance the mix offers - although I find I don't much care either way, once the activity is complete.

Back to the safety car sessions ....
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:57 (Ref:4178936)   #122
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Margaux 2016. Gianduja chocolate. .
I wish! An Aussie 2018 Grenache for me. I have Nutella in the pantry!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:03 (Ref:4178939)   #123
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
So much to say and more important to learn about Chianti region. Back to overall classification:the third car is Elan # 600 preceeding the GT40 # 25. At the moment the Lotus is doing '54" when the Ford is doing '45", remaining time being 50' and with a gap of 23" its canned for the Lotus I fear.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:06 (Ref:4178943)   #124
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
The #57 James Owen TR4 seems to have been in the pits for too long for a regular service. Hope all is well there
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:07 (Ref:4178946)   #125
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

So Galaxie still rumbling along, now within striking distance of catching One-time leader Ollie Bryant.

From memory is seemed t me that several of the GT40s looked strong until the first pit stop. Dodgy fuel in the pumps? The drop off or drop out rate seemed rather steeper than one would expect.