Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:00 (Ref:949286)   #101
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
What's the best way to follow PQ for non-LM visiters?
Sms from Dutch mates

I hope that you'll have a coverage by ACO, but I'm not sure... just check on their site on sunday... I've never been home when a there's something at Le Mans, that's why I never experimented the coverage...
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:04 (Ref:949291)   #102
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I think they are Dunlop yellow.
And the other one, Dunlop black ?

Just kidding, you're right.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:05 (Ref:949293)   #103
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks a ton for the pics fab, i cant believe that sites like lmsr and dsc dont have a single mention of today's scrutineering! something about the larbre 550's paint scheme makes the car look different to me...
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:06 (Ref:949295)   #104
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The Racer's Porsche is completely white...

-
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:18 (Ref:949305)   #105
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
also, im not any more worried about sponsorship than i am any other year as many teams pick up sponsors between the test days and the race... plus there seem to be a lot of brand new cars as well as just delivered cars this year. take the racers group porsche for example, they obviously just picked that car up (probably like they did two years ago) or took off all the decals because that car will definitely look different come race week
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:21 (Ref:949309)   #106
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by tblincoe
also, im not any more worried about sponsorship than i am any other year as many teams pick up sponsors between the test days and the race... plus there seem to be a lot of brand new cars as well as just delivered cars this year. take the racers group porsche for example, they obviously just picked that car up (probably like they did two years ago) or took off all the decals because that car will definitely look different come race week
I think you are right, besides this sponsors are paying for the race in June and not for PQ.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:24 (Ref:949312)   #107
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The black Modena...

-
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:25 (Ref:949315)   #108
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
And red Modena... still no sticker !

-
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:26 (Ref:949317)   #109
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think you are right, besides this sponsors are paying for the race in June and not for PQ.
The overdraft pays for the test day.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:27 (Ref:949318)   #110
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Any pics of the Barron Conner Ferrari's and Zonda?
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:27 (Ref:949319)   #111
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The Perspective Racing car looks really different...

-
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:29 (Ref:949322)   #112
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
any news of the drivers in the 2nd TVR fab?
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:31 (Ref:949327)   #113
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Any pics of the Barron Conner Ferrari's and Zonda?
Here's the Pagani...

-
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:33 (Ref:949332)   #114
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
And the Barron Connor Team...

-
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:34 (Ref:949333)   #115
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
zonda looks pretty...i just hope i don't get to do any arty "oil drips from car to ground in moody saturday evening sunlight" pictures this year...
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:35 (Ref:949335)   #116
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
any news of the drivers in the 2nd TVR fab?
Bernard and me are not sure of who's this girl could be...
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:39 (Ref:949339)   #117
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The Choroq Porsche is nice too... Bernard doesn't like it so much...

-
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:41 (Ref:949340)   #118
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a ton of photos on the official Le Mans site (www.lemans.org) - including the Pagani.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:41 (Ref:949341)   #119
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Bernard and me are not sure of who's this girl could be...
But every male member of the Forum sure hopes that you find out!!!!!

She's a looker!!!!

that's "L"ooker...not a member of the oldest profession....just in case anyone is reading this through bi-focals

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:42 (Ref:949342)   #120
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Here's the Pagani...

-
Thanks for your quick response!

This blue Pagani reminds me of their Bitter . I think the family Hezemans had still some blue pain in the garage.

Choroq Porsche looks great.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:43 (Ref:949344)   #121
kdr
Veteran

thats amanda stretton fab. msport tv presenter, gt driver, long rumoured for TVR.

i don't normally like the porsches...but thats one of the nicest i've seen.

Last edited by kdr; 23 Apr 2004 at 18:45.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:46 (Ref:949349)   #122
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
thats amanda stretton fab. long rumoured for TVR.

I do believe that I've just become one of her biggest fans!!!!!

Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:49 (Ref:949354)   #123
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the Choroq Porsche looks awesome. Isn't there a Team Goh tie in there some how? Seems I remember reading that on here, or somewhere else. If anyone knows that for sure please share.

As for Dunlop yellow, or neon yellow, or whatever...give me a break, colors have never been my strong suit.

Last edited by jhansen; 23 Apr 2004 at 18:50.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:49 (Ref:949355)   #124
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
thats amanda stretton fab. msport tv presenter, gt driver, long rumoured for TVR.

i don't normally like the porsches...but thats one of the nicest i've seen.
From www.lemans.org:
Quote:
Amanda Stretton to return in 2005

The aim of the “Women for Le Mans” project is to enter an all-women’s team in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. However, Amanda Stretton will have to wait for her dream to come true. The TVR that she drove at the Le Mans 1000 Km has finally gained entry for the preliminary testing for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, but she has reluctantly elected to throw in the towel for this year. “When the car was a reserve, my sponsors hesitated to get involved. And my co-driver, who is Spanish, has been badly affected by the events in Madrid. In addition, I’ve not yet found the third female co-driver. The catastrophe has not allowed me to fully concentrate on the race this year so I want to put all my efforts into 2005. That will allow me 16 months to find proper sponsorship and drivers.”
So no Amanda in 2004.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:54 (Ref:949362)   #125
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
From www.lemans.org:

So no Amanda in 2004.

That's not Amanda....

I'm counting on our friends at Test Days this weekend to identify this young lady....

A dirty job, but someone has to do it, right?

(Now I promise to quit the "Tangent," and let everyone get back to teh "Real" reason for being there...the event itself)