Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 26 Oct 2004, 16:58 (Ref:1136822)   #101
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not any more.

3 road races in 2005, possibly more in the future.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 16:58 (Ref:1136826)   #102
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the sake of conversation, Falcadore, your statement that Janis has "a future as a pay driver," fascinates me. I've read it a dozen times now and it reads the same way every time.

Don't you, me and my neighbor's boisterous sister-in-law have potential "futures as pay drivers?" Unless, of course, you meant paying Janis, which I didn't read it as such.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 21:51 (Ref:1137115)   #103
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EGG
Deal.

One of those crikey articles mentioned the IRL maybe taking over(this in late 2003) at Indy. Aside from the fact that I don't think they get out much, don't they only race on ovals?
I think there is a flattrack race planned next year.

However, I'm not sure where Crikey is getting its information from. When CART was firesaled, including all the race contracts, the only CART event the IRL expressed ANY interest in purchasing was Long Beach. IRL would not be interested in coming to the Gold Coast. The only go to Japan because of Honda & Toyota. Tony George wants a US only series.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 21:57 (Ref:1137123)   #104
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by indycool
For the sake of conversation, Falcadore, your statement that Janis has "a future as a pay driver," fascinates me. I've read it a dozen times now and it reads the same way every time.

Don't you, me and my neighbor's boisterous sister-in-law have potential "futures as pay drivers?" Unless, of course, you meant paying Janis, which I didn't read it as such.
Since you want to take me comment in the strictest sense, then I'll do likewise for you. The whole David Besnard story is of one where money was NOT enough. Not for Besnard though mind you, but for Josh Hunt. Despite the fact that Josh Hunt was a pay driver with a nice wad of cash for a one off race, it was decided by all concerned that he was not talented enough and had to be replaced.

As for you boisterous sister-in-law - well maybe she could race Hunt's FAtlantic...
Old 26 Oct 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1137127)   #105
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by monaroCountry
From the slice I tend to agree with Cochrane. $500,000 for their involvement is a disgrace, especially when their race went on for longer.
Cochrane's comments are motivated about getting more money for him, not less for the organisers, so there a certain amount of salt to be taken with that comment.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 22:01 (Ref:1137129)   #106
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Just because soemone writes for a V8 magazine doesn't mean they aren't entitled to an opinion on ChampCars. There's nothign to say that the article was bought or intentionally biased. Don't forget that both CART and IRL's official websites have written exaggerated articles about their own championships.
He's free to have an opinion for sure. And just as it is fair with the 3 amigos to have their conflict of interest point out, I'm simply pointing out that Paul Gover has a conflict of interest.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 11:17 (Ref:1137623)   #107
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Falcadore, thanx for your response. I had forgotten that the wad of cash didn't get Hunt in the car.
Old 30 Oct 2004, 21:35 (Ref:1140821)   #108
monaroCountry
Racer

monaroCountry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The whole David Besnard story is of one where money was NOT enough. Not for Besnard though mind you, but for Josh Hunt. Despite the fact that Josh Hunt was a pay driver with a nice wad of cash for a one off race, it was decided by all concerned that he was not talented enough and had to be replaced.
Which one is it lack of money or lack of skills?
Old 5 Nov 2004, 13:27 (Ref:1145521)   #109
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Disgraceful Article About ChampCar

Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
What a disgraceful article about ChampCar, the idiot who wrote this obviously has NO idea what he is talking about It's proof the Australian media has NO idea about auto racing.
I usually find what Mr Gover writes is pretty much on the money. He holds no fear or favours from anyone. Writes it like he sees it. Doesn't mean everyone will always agree.

But one thing is certain. This bloke is no idiot. He's actually one of the few journos in the Australian media that does have some idea what he's talking about.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 20:07 (Ref:1145747)   #110
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You want a straw with that Billy?