Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 24 Apr 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1286006)   #101
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they should get off they backside's, lighten up, become approacheable and get a personality, as well proper management.

Meoooooooooooooooow
Old 24 Apr 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1286007)   #102
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Gaz, you're on a rant again...
Old 24 Apr 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1286020)   #103
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it surprising foxy! When i read such ludicrous comments as I've read this weekend about someone so overated!
Old 24 Apr 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1286033)   #104
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
RSportRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gaz, im right behind u on this one.. there are better drivers out there who haven't had half the ammount of breaks (no pun intended) as Susie has.

Names spring to mind..
Marc Hynes wins the F3 in 99.. where is he now?

Just because she is of a minority not the majority, she wears a skirt, flashes some leg,
has a pair of bananas she gets the media attention, money and a drive over someone who may be quicker than her and has a baseball bat.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1286040)   #105
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
lol, top man - couldn't have put that any better myself!!
Old 24 Apr 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1286072)   #106
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gaz is 100% correct throughout this whole thing. some people try to defend susie as being good because she is surviving in a mans world, but susie HERSELF is the one boasting about wanting to be the overall best of the bunch, and it aint happening. she is an underperformer and will need to work harder to get to the front of grids. its not fair that midfielders get more press than winners. in susies case its the most blatent form of sexism in sport. and people try to call me a sexist for saying shes overrated ffs....!

i think susie is a great girl and i love seeing girls racing. it makes for girls to use her as a rolemodel and perhaps, one day, a female so special will come along and actually win things. that though is the only positive thing i can see out of the susie stoddart PR machine. shes a lovely girl but please stop licking her arse until she starts proving her mettle.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 19:05 (Ref:1286106)   #107
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think we should be licking her arse or kicking it either! I simply think that she should be given the chance to show what she can do in an F3 car. So far she shas only done a couple of races after very little testing.

Don't you see that the more you guys rant on about her, so the more you are doing what you profess to hate, which is giving her more exposure (in the best possible taste, of course)?
Old 24 Apr 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1286147)   #108
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No point in moaning about Marc Hynes or Robbie Kerr failing to progress - both have failed to capitalise on winning the F3 title.

If they showed some of the ambition and determination to be out there as Susie and her team do, they may not be kicking their heels now.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1286153)   #109
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Susie will never win championships.......but she is a trier and a battler and I think shows more application than some of the other guys out there.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1286305)   #110
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
No point in moaning about Marc Hynes or Robbie Kerr failing to progress - both have failed to capitalise on winning the F3 title.
Ah, that's it! They "failed to capitalise"! Better phone their managers and give them that groundbreaking advice!

Last edited by cos; 24 Apr 2005 at 21:56.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1286306)   #111
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
My standpoint doesn't come from F3, it comes from her 3 years in British Formula Renault where she equally built herself up as the next big thing only to produce very average results, especially last year when you look at the kind of results Westley Barber produced in the same team/car.

As for Marc Hynes/Robbie Kerr I've heard that Marc didn't aquit himself to well after winning the title but the same can't be said for Robbie, he's just been damn unlucky and hasn't had the breaks...perhaps that break will come in A1GP?

The only reason Susie does so well for herself is because she female, thats why she gets sponsors, and all well and good to her for getting out there!

But she shouldn't be hogging the limelight that other more talented drivers deserve just for the fact shes female!
Old 24 Apr 2005, 22:11 (Ref:1286316)   #112
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which was the last F3 round to have qualifying and racing at different circuits/weekends. I remember a third race at Snetterton not too long ago which was a re-run.

(I apologise if I am off-topic ).
Old 24 Apr 2005, 23:35 (Ref:1286404)   #113
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz

But she shouldn't be hogging the limelight that other more talented drivers deserve just for the fact shes female!
Why not? There are no rules regarding who gets X number of column inches is there?

Adam, I think it was one of the Silverstone races from either last year or 2003 which was postponed due to seriously bad weather and was run at Snetterton.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 07:16 (Ref:1286547)   #114
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
No there are no rules but why should she get two pages in autosport every 6 months just cos she got a pair of banana's when drivers who are achieving, getting results are not?

Lets face it you Susie supporters don't have a leg to stand on until shes got some results on paper! It won't happen though, unless under freak circumstances....SHES AN AVERAGE RACER!

It is just sexism by the highest order that has got her where she is today! Its embarrasing for British Motorsport and Autosport in particular should be ashamed of their conduct....unless ofcourse theyre getting something in return each time

Last edited by Gaz; 25 Apr 2005 at 07:17.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 07:50 (Ref:1286578)   #115
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha
Old 25 Apr 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1286790)   #116
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not a supporter as such, I just take a keen interest in the careers of British drivers in the junior formulae.

All this media hype really, is good work by her management team. Kicking Back alluded to Robbie Kerr and Marc Hynes failing to capitalise on their F3 titles. Perhaps if they had some decent management behind them like SS has and many other drivers who get a lot of publicity to help them on their way, then they wouldn't have been stuck in a rut for several years doing not a lot in the way of progress. I wouldn't call that sexism for her getting all the publicity. It's clever management and I'm sure they're sitting back rubbing their hands with glee over the potential money spinner they have on their hands. Put it this way, they've got more chance of making money with one of the few female racers out there, than any one of the endless supply of male racers.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 12:33 (Ref:1286858)   #117
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
I agree its is good management, and I applaud her management....who I don't applaud is Autosport, Motorsportnews and all these other publications that lick her ass and print pages and pages of hype, when she is still to achieve....well anything!

I'd be interested to hear from Sid The Manager who used to come on here as he was Robbie's manager and I take it still is and would probably be in a better position to comment.

I can't believe for one second they didn't put everything into getting Robbie a drive, he just didn't get the break he deserved and Autosport etc didn't do their job in giving him publicity and backing him up, they'd rather give their pages to an average driver who might shift an extra couple of copies cos shes sporting a short skirt! At the end of the day its down to the magazines themselves what they print and they don't do our young lads any justice at all.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1286871)   #118
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
Autosport etc didn't do their job in giving him publicity and backing him up
That isn't Autosport's job.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 13:28 (Ref:1286913)   #119
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Surely it is though cos thats what they're doing with Susie Stoddart and have been doing with Anthony Davidson recently.

They've been hyping Ant up and writing article after article on him quite rightly which is exactly what theyve been doing with Susie Stoddart? Or are you telling me Susie's management pay for her to have a huge piece done on her every 6 months?

Autosport/Motorsportnews have a voice, yet it appears they don't use it in anything like the correct manner.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1286960)   #120
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
That isn't Autosport's job.
Exactly. Autosport and MN aren't there to publicise drivers to further their careers. One of their jobs is to cover the talking points of the various championships they cover and one of them just happens to be a female driver in the British F3 championship. It's not a talking point? Well why on earth are we discussing it here all the time?
Old 25 Apr 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1287063)   #121
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said, Craner!!!
Old 25 Apr 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1287069)   #122
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the way, can anyone tell me what Bruno Senna has done to justify the attention he's getting?
Old 25 Apr 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1287121)   #123
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With only 50,000 or so readers, Autosport isnt going to influence or impress anyone.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1287222)   #124
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how do you know its not the most important 50,000 people in the world that read autosport
Old 25 Apr 2005, 19:32 (Ref:1287269)   #125
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias
By the way, can anyone tell me what Bruno Senna has done to justify the attention he's getting?
Might be something to do with the fact hes clearly shown speed and potential to be a real star! He nearly grabbed pole at Spa and was sensational considering his experience over the Donington weekend qualifying wise. Where he was battling for the top 5 Susie was battling the National Class cars, says it all really!

Completely agree with Mackmot's comment, its not the quantity its who actually reads the magazine...and whatever its one, if not THE biggest voice for british motorsport in the world!