Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 May 2006, 07:56 (Ref:1603991)   #101
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
In some ways I find this a shame. I liked the uniqueness of Le Mans. Take a D-Type, not the best at most places but come Le Mans...

Absolutely right Adam. There's far too much Tilke'esque dumbing down of circuits. Le Mans should remain unique - it should need a completely different car to win Le Mans. In 21 years I've seen the Dunlop Chicane added, chicanes on the Mulsanne, the ruination of the glorious vista from Dunlop to Esses, plus debris fencing added anywhere and everywhere, new pits and garages - and only the last was worth it. Now we have change afoot to Tertre Rouge and Mulsanne tyo Indianapolis - its almost as if someone is determined to make sure the circuit has been changed everywhere......
Old 9 May 2006, 11:33 (Ref:1604149)   #102
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
about the chicane before Indianapolis : isn't that again from Mercedes incompetence building cars? Like the hump? I mean: if a car fly there, the circuit has to be changed? I hope this is not the reason
if the drivers ask for it, ok, maybe ....
Old 9 May 2006, 13:19 (Ref:1604252)   #103
tonyroberts
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bolton
tonyroberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been to Lemans now for the past 20 years and I think the track changes are taking away the appeal and character of the circuit. I know the ACO had to but the chicanes on the mulsanne runied it for me. As for the proposed chicanes at indianaplos well thats a joke. I know the merc flipped on the approach but that was over seven years ago and it has never happend before or after. The ACO are gradully erasing the character and the whole appeal of Le Mans. No gives a monkey about the bikes!! lemans is the lemans 24hours in June with racing cars that even my gran knows about. They need to concentrate on the manafactures that are entering beacuse at the moment without the ALMS it would be rubbish.
Old 9 May 2006, 13:49 (Ref:1604275)   #104
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Mulsanne run to indianapolis chicane better be a joke! If that happens... then the ACO might as well propose a whole new circuit like the 1971 proposal...
Old 9 May 2006, 15:10 (Ref:1604313)   #105
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New chicane at Le Mans, fact or fiction?

I can't quite put my finger on where it all started, but suddenly a few days ago a new chicane between Mulsanne and Indianapolis was 'going to be built'. This has taken both me and a number of other members by complete surprise.

I'm reasonably 'clued up' about Le Mans and the plans for the circuit which have been announced by the ACO, but have been unable to find any evidence of any plans for this chicane. The nearest I can get is a distant memory of somebody (probably last year) saying that the ACO were 'considering' putting a chicane on that stretch. I dismissed it completely at the time.

Can anybody confirm whether this chicane is actually planned, and if so, when it's due to be built?

Thank you.
Old 9 May 2006, 16:34 (Ref:1604382)   #106
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was an April fool about this.
Old 9 May 2006, 16:47 (Ref:1604399)   #107
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw this posted in the Le Mans Poster thread on May 3rd:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Snapper
I didn’t get in to Le Mans, so I don’t know how the works in town are progressing, due to be started soon are the new cinema and tram station, and the chicane between Mulsanne and Indianapolis
And then yesterday I asked the very same question, is this "new chicane" fact or fiction, and got this in response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Snapper
Its real, work starts later this year!
Old 9 May 2006, 17:22 (Ref:1604422)   #108
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmm......

Well, Happy Snapper will have to forgive my scepticism, but here's the relevant section of the ACO's website which gives reference to all works being carried out over the next twelve months.

Given the absence of any reference to a chicane on the run to Indianapolis I can only conclude that Happy Snapper's source is wrong, is winding him up, or has stumbled across a plan so controversial that the ACO daren't announce it.............
Old 9 May 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1604563)   #109
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I sincerely hope HS is wrong.....
Old 9 May 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1604612)   #110
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
More housekeeping......
Old 9 May 2006, 21:36 (Ref:1604620)   #111
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I sincerely hope HS is wrong.....
You can rest assured ABSOLUTELY 100% that HS is wrong...........
Old 9 May 2006, 23:32 (Ref:1604677)   #112
tommy84
Rookie

Germany
Huenfelden
tommy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just wonder why it's always the corners named "Dunlop" having the biggest run-off's (Nurburgring hairpin called Dunlop-Curve)...

And why can't they put the MotoGP to Magny-Cours? Beside the fact that no one needs MotoGP - I mean I'd rather drive IRL or the TT than those Monsters

Sure, from time to time you have to change things but all run-off's are big enough. I recently saw Le Mans 1988 on Motors and that version of Dunlop was the best. Just taking out enough speed but fluent. I don't like the actual version and I better don't start to write my thoughts about the new.

Also the Indianapolis increased run-off will most likely lead to a severe crash. It's not a dangerous turn at all that right-hander because you should have that oval-racing effect.
That T2M-Motorsport accident last year wouldn't have happened with the armco still close to the track!

Some day it will be 50 people experiencing the real Le Mans somewhere around the 13,6k's where the last bits and pieces of nature and being close to it are not yet cut down whilst the other 199.950 people don't know whether they sit in Bahrain or Le Mans (if the weather is fine)

Shouldn't laugh about this btw
Old 10 May 2006, 08:50 (Ref:1604891)   #113
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
From what I've been told, I'm satisfied its still 1st April today...........

Can we put this one to bed now please. Unless someone can give a definitive quote from the ACO?
Old 10 May 2006, 09:08 (Ref:1604904)   #114
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arrrgh, I've been away from this forum for a while and when i return i see this!!! Stop scaring people like that!
Old 10 May 2006, 09:20 (Ref:1604913)   #115
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Kling
Arrrgh, I've been away from this forum for a while and when i return i see this!!! Stop scaring people like that!
Welcome back KK!

You're right, it was a terrible scare!!

OT You must be relieved there are no Porsche Spyder's on the grid at Le Mans this year..........
Old 10 May 2006, 10:31 (Ref:1604955)   #116
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Welcome back KK!

You're right, it was a terrible scare!!

OT You must be relieved there are no Porsche Spyder's on the grid at Le Mans this year..........
Thanks! Yeah, i guess i'm relieved. But for some strange reason i've been eating quite alot of merguez lately anyway, maybe i was hoping that if i eat enough of 'em Porsche would change their mind...

Well, i'm hoping for an LMP1 next year. No bets made though!
Old 10 May 2006, 11:02 (Ref:1604969)   #117
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm going to merge this with the main circuit changes etc. thread........

Can't have fellow merguez-munchers being scared off their grub now, can we....?
Old 3 Jun 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1626054)   #118
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
There's some interesting news on lemans.org about the new pit exit. Those who have seen coverage of the two bike events will have seen the bikes rejoining the circuit from the pits some 450 metres further along the track at the entrance to the new Dunlop chicane.

The FIA has decided that the cars will also have to use this extended pit exit observing a 60kph speed limit all the way to the Dunlop chicane where they will rejoin the circuit.

The article is here.......

Interesting after the concerns a number of us had about cars rejoining from what we assumed would be a new pit exit so much closer to the apex of the corner!
Old 3 Jun 2006, 12:49 (Ref:1626058)   #119
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
There was an April fool about this.
Yes, and I still do apologize for this...
Old 3 Jun 2006, 16:13 (Ref:1626126)   #120
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
There's some interesting news on lemans.org about the new pit exit. Those who have seen coverage of the two bike events will have seen the bikes rejoining the circuit from the pits some 450 metres further along the track at the entrance to the new Dunlop chicane.

The FIA has decided that the cars will also have to use this extended pit exit observing a 60kph speed limit all the way to the Dunlop chicane where they will rejoin the circuit.

The article is here.......

Interesting after the concerns a number of us had about cars rejoining from what we assumed would be a new pit exit so much closer to the apex of the corner!
I've just read on DSC that Henri Pescarolo made a statement in the drivers and team managers briefing.

He is concerned for the safety of cars merging from the revised pit exit into traffic which is braking heavily for the Dunlop Chicane. He suggested the teams get together to try to persude the authorities to sanction a different pit exit.

I can see his point but apparently no one else spoke up in favour of his proposal. However, Pescarolo are currently the only team with experience of the new pit exit having used it in testing. Perhaps the others will change their minds after tomorrow!
Old 3 Jun 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1626139)   #121
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The new pit exit will favour the cars that stops less often than others.
Old 3 Jun 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1626171)   #122
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, that's a very good point - another detail that favours Audi? And perhaps Zytek with their 4L Judd versus Creation / RfH / Pesca with the 5L?
Old 3 Jun 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1626206)   #123
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
... Perhaps the others will change their minds after tomorrow!
... when they'll see how much time they can lose here
Old 3 Jun 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1626275)   #124
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
... when they'll see how much time they can lose here
...........must be about 25 seconds!
Old 3 Jun 2006, 21:29 (Ref:1626284)   #125
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
rumours here that the r10 won't be able to run as long as everyone says