Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1628847)   #101
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
not following anyone on Friday Suze - I can't be bothered to drive to the track. TT meeting on Saturday however - I'll be there with some free mags... as will Suze.. just need to find the new spot
Old 6 Jun 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1628861)   #102
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah yeah, forgot we said we weren't going.......yes, Sam and I will get lost / be late I bet on Saturday, ESPECIALLY if he's directing, never trust his directions....free mags - I'll have them too will I?!
Old 7 Jun 2006, 16:02 (Ref:1629342)   #103
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hmmm hope a meeting time/place is sorted by Tuesday - I'm leaving for the circuit after that!

Hope I can navigate the place alright, will have to spend Wednesday and Thursday getting some bearings as well as watching qualifying. Oh, and as well as "testing the beer out"... hehehe...

Anyone else in Houx-Annexe? We can be recognised by our specially chosen vehicle - a big 6-wheeled Pinzgauer painted a sort of bright turquoisey/green kinda colour! (I'm told it's got a sticker advertising the "Swiss Navy" too hehe...) There should be about 6 or 7 of us but just check out my ugly mug on my avatar - should anyone be unlucky enough to recognise then by all means say 'ello and share a beer or two!
Old 7 Jun 2006, 16:24 (Ref:1629349)   #104
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm leaving at 5.30am ish Weds am to get to Stanstead.....will be sorted by next week, I'm sure!
Old 7 Jun 2006, 22:40 (Ref:1629580)   #105
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
we used to meet at 3pm on the pit lane wall facing Pescarolo's garage
it's quite good for those arriving late and for those leaving early for the parade
Shall we say 3pm in front of the Pescarolo garages on Friday then?
Old 8 Jun 2006, 04:49 (Ref:1629686)   #106
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
ok here, 3pm friday in the pit lane
Old 8 Jun 2006, 07:10 (Ref:1629727)   #107
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
ok here, 3pm friday in the pit lane
Cool, so that's Friday sorted.........

.........now, what about Saturday and Sunday?

I still favour 12:30 (for Saturday anyway), 13:00 has also been mentioned.
Maybe Ayse could assert his authority and decree timings for Saturday and Sunday by which we will all abide............
Old 8 Jun 2006, 08:49 (Ref:1629785)   #108
Suze
Veteran

England
Sounds a plan. Apparently we will now be there on Friday but not sure if I'll come down to the circuit.....
Old 8 Jun 2006, 10:48 (Ref:1629865)   #109
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
If everybody's ok, we'll stick with the area Pascal and I saw for test day

I've located it on the new village's map
http://www.zoom-24.com/village.jpg

view of the area
http://www.zoom-24.com/circuit/IMG_1341.JPG
it's under the biggest tree (no way you don't see it)

another view by Pascal from the oposite side of the track (yes, now we see the village from there!)
Old 8 Jun 2006, 10:53 (Ref:1629870)   #110
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
I for my own find 12:30 a good idea

it's after the classic race, and leaves a good time before the cars enter the track (13:45) and the drivers presentation (14:30)
the bad thing is for those having a pit walk ticket (open 12:30-13:30). Anyone?
Old 8 Jun 2006, 10:59 (Ref:1629874)   #111
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
another thing: some of us already know each other, but for the newcomers, don't hesitate to come and ask (something like "is that the famous TT meeting?")

first clue: on the right is Pascal, and on the left is myself, Bernard
(Photo copyright Vincent)
Old 8 Jun 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1629889)   #112
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
12.30's fine with me. It gives us time to watch both historic races.
I'm looking forward to seeing you all - I wasn't around in 2004, and last year I missed you in the crowds and the heat
Until then
Old 8 Jun 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1629938)   #113
Suze
Veteran

England
I'll find it because I'll follow Sam.....looks like I'll be coming over this weekend too for a couple of days, back to work to have two days off, then back on Wednesday...
Old 8 Jun 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1630092)   #114
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a drinking for holland reprisentation by the way? If not I will be happy to attend (will be happy to even if there is )
Old 8 Jun 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1630207)   #115
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well then (pumps out chest (well, stomach really) and exerts authority) - 12.30 on Saturday it is then at the point identified by bernard.

I may struggle with the Friday meet though. I suspect I'll have been pulled away from the pitlane by then by hungry Tourists.......

Sunday I will almost certainly not make, so I'll leave you guys to sort that one out.....
Old 9 Jun 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1630453)   #116
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't know about Friday, I think we will spend most of that pratting about, drinking, eating, and drinking some more... but once we get there plans will go out of the window I expect!
Old 9 Jun 2006, 10:46 (Ref:1630532)   #117
Suze
Veteran

England
I'll never remember where it's supposed to be when I get there though....
Old 9 Jun 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1630808)   #118
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK, rendez-vous at 12h30, near the big tree (not a W).
The map published by Bernard is very clear.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1630827)   #119
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
...near the big tree (not a W)...
I'll issue you a '' just in case you think no-one got the reference...
Old 9 Jun 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1630851)   #120
Suze
Veteran

England
The map published is, I agree...will have a look next week!
Old 10 Jun 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1631027)   #121
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The best way to get easily to the meeting is the main tunnel under the Dunlop curve.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1631342)   #122
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll try to be at the two meetings on friday and saturday.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 17:04 (Ref:1631776)   #123
Suze
Veteran

England
May be there Friday, see no reason for not being there on Saturday. Depends if I decide to go to the track on Friday or not!
Old 11 Jun 2006, 21:36 (Ref:1631943)   #124
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking forward to be there at Saturday Friday around that time we'll just be arrived, so we'll still be unpacking then.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 11:55 (Ref:1632380)   #125
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
May be there Friday, see no reason for not being there on Saturday. Depends if I decide to go to the track on Friday or not!

Where else would you want to go?