Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 May 2007, 10:34 (Ref:1917845)   #101
Austinspace75
Racer

England
Cardiff
Austinspace75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose that what this boils down to is: Does it add to your personal appreciation of the car?

For me? Obviously not because I'm quite clear about what I really like about racing cars and bizarre paint jobs aint it.

However, this is a discussion thread so that would be boring. So, in discussing the topic, I am trying to understand the rationale behind what has been alot of hard work for someone and have a bit of fun speculating about the likely result.
Old 21 May 2007, 12:42 (Ref:1917941)   #102
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having read the comments on this thread I suppose Mr Jankowski wouldnt give one if we like it or not! The livery has already done its job in getting the car and team publicity and will continue to do so regardless of what anyone actually thinks!

A bold move on Creations part and without seeing the car actually run I still expect it to be competitive at LeMans with the AER engine. Go Creation!
Old 21 May 2007, 13:28 (Ref:1917989)   #103
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just one correction; I think it will be running with the new 5.5 liter Judd unit...same as the pescas and the Charouz Lola.

I am really looking forward to seeing it at Le Mans as well and, luckily, I will be able to see it 'in the flesh'.

Just curious, does anyone have any info on how the BMW 'Art' cars were received by the public when they were announced? I may just do a trawl as people now revere many of them.
Old 21 May 2007, 15:18 (Ref:1918087)   #104
Austinspace75
Racer

England
Cardiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Having read the comments on this thread I suppose Mr Jankowski wouldnt give one if we like it or not! The livery has already done its job in getting the car and team publicity and will continue to do so regardless of what anyone actually thinks!

A bold move on Creations part and without seeing the car actually run I still expect it to be competitive at LeMans with the AER engine. Go Creation!
Can't argue with any of that. It will continue to generate publicity and I wouldn't have bothered to comment on it if it was any other team. They're a great bunch and their efforts have been fascinating to follow over the last couple of years. They're probably the best hope for the 'cars that still sound great' section of the grid against the diesels.. and I would love them to win.
Old 21 May 2007, 15:59 (Ref:1918117)   #105
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Other than DSC, do any of the other sites have a pic of it?
Old 21 May 2007, 16:22 (Ref:1918141)   #106
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php

They have a pic at GT-Eins ..... but its the same as DSC .
Old 21 May 2007, 16:29 (Ref:1918147)   #107
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Other than DSC, do any of the other sites have a pic of it?
The pics at Endurance Info with details in English:-

http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=3623&thold=0

and indeed those on my site are slightly different & are from the Press Release - they do show the "characters" in more detail.

Mariantic
Old 21 May 2007, 17:22 (Ref:1918185)   #108
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the links.

It's not my thing, but it's definitely different. At least it looks better than Honda's F1 car.
Old 21 May 2007, 23:17 (Ref:1918434)   #109
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinspace75
Those that do suddenly engage with it probably won't really be interested in racing cars or motor racing anyway.
I like it a lot, and I've been to Le Mans three times and am going again this year. So where do I fit into your theory?

FWIW, I'm a bit disappointed with the actual styling of the 07 car as opposed to the livery. Those new front lights look rather boring and less aggressive than the old car.
Old 22 May 2007, 08:24 (Ref:1918546)   #110
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll look much better in some strong sunlight (hopefully!)
Old 22 May 2007, 10:44 (Ref:1918658)   #111
Austinspace75
Racer

England
Cardiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
I like it a lot, and I've been to Le Mans three times and am going again this year. So where do I fit into your theory?

FWIW, I'm a bit disappointed with the actual styling of the 07 car as opposed to the livery. Those new front lights look rather boring and less aggressive than the old car.
Sounds suspiciously like you're deliberately basing your views on ones that would disprove my 'theory' as you call it.... but I have to assume you aren't and that these are your true feelings.
So on that basis, its clear that you were already interested in Le Mans, the car and motor racing and haven't 'suddenly' engaged with it. You just happen to like the livery aswell. My so called 'theory' (beginning to wish I hadn't bothered trying to add to this debate) doesn't attempt to predict the reaction of those who are already interested and engaged, it is intended only to talk about those that previously weren't.
I suppose the bit I'm not making clear is that I do think a fantastic paint job that accentuates and contributes to the shape and true nature of a racing car can help a previously moderately interested outsider to fall in love with it (I'm thinking of the Gulf 917 type effect here). This isn't that kind of paint job in my opinion and neither is it intended to be of course. Of the population of potential future fans out there, not current ones, this paint job is more likely to appeal to those that are interested in art, not motor racing and therefore their interest is likely to be short lived.
Old 22 May 2007, 16:47 (Ref:1918898)   #112
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, gotcha now. Sorry, wasn't trying to be argumentative, just didn't quite get what you meant. Good example, the Gulf colours...
Old 22 May 2007, 16:55 (Ref:1918906)   #113
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Just one correction; I think it will be running with the new 5.5 liter Judd unit...same as the pescas and the Charouz Lola.
OOPS stand corrected (Had to check the Creation website)

See Below
Old 22 May 2007, 17:21 (Ref:1918940)   #114
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
There's nothing "below" !!!
Old 22 May 2007, 18:35 (Ref:1919013)   #115
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
There's nothing "below" !!!
I was of course refering to my signature! Implying I too make mistakes! Not often but I definately make em!
Old 23 May 2007, 07:21 (Ref:1919298)   #116
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
By my reckoning, from what's been said about their pre Le Mans testing schedule, Creation shook down the new car (at Snetterton?) yesterday. Hopefully we'll get some news and pics of the car (without the Olsen livery)..........
Old 23 May 2007, 09:20 (Ref:1919395)   #117
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that Zytek were there as well. Any times?
Old 23 May 2007, 18:03 (Ref:1919742)   #118
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
By my reckoning, from what's been said about their pre Le Mans testing schedule, Creation shook down the new car (at Snetterton?) yesterday. Hopefully we'll get some news and pics of the car (without the Olsen livery)..........
Your wish is granted on DSC!
Old 23 May 2007, 18:06 (Ref:1919744)   #119
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car looks very purposeful in that black.

I'm only comparing this to the spark model I have of last years Le Mans Creation, but the nose looks different.
Old 23 May 2007, 18:23 (Ref:1919752)   #120
The Badger
Veteran

Its not black ..... its the darkest blue that they could get their hands on , which happened to be a Dawoo color ..... like the old Mercedes C9/88 AEG sponsored car , which was a daimler benz dark blue too . Cant wait to see it too !!
Old 23 May 2007, 20:53 (Ref:1919867)   #121
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blue, Black, Blick, whatever.

The car looks the business.
Old 24 May 2007, 11:10 (Ref:1920200)   #122
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Update on the car's first two days of testing on DSC........

Small issue with starter motor cooling aside (which was quickly fixed), the car ran without any problems for the two days at Snetterton (the team are at Donington today and Magny Cours testing into darkness next week).

Laptimes; Felipe in the 59's (and he loves the car, the engine "pulls like a diesel"), Shinji managed a 57.8 and Jamie a 57.3 (go on my son!! ).

Other teams at Snetterton were surprised at the speed of the Creation, but it was running with more downforce than the others (they are still waiting for the low downforce kit which arrives tomorrow).

The car will be back on Dunlop tyres this year “because you need the advantage that you don’t get running customer tyres”. If the claimed commitment of Dunlop and the performance of the Rollcentre car so far this year are anything to go by, I would consider the choice of tyre to be a good one.

Very positive news all round!
Old 24 May 2007, 11:43 (Ref:1920226)   #123
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
According to DSC Creation is also using Ohlins dampers for the first time. This seems like a good choice because Audi has sort of been successfull with these
Old 24 May 2007, 11:49 (Ref:1920231)   #124
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
According to DSC Creation is also using Ohlins dampers for the first time. This seems like a good choice because Audi has sort of been successfull with these
Not being a 'techy' sort of person, the actual significance was rather lost on me.......

Thank you!
Old 24 May 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1920266)   #125
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
how does a 57.3 compare to what the other P1 and P2 teams have laid down at snetterton in the past year or so?........as creation are running high downforce bodywork on a fast circuit, this would imply they could go a tad faster?.....spose we will find out tomorrow........yup wise choices with Ohlins and Dunlops, if they have any sense, they will share the tyre data with all Dunlop P1 teams and all profit from it.