Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Jul 2007, 11:40 (Ref:1975721)   #101
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Mark Griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My mate Malcolm Verey isn't having much luck at the moment. He retired his Allard at the exit of Abbey with a broken gearbox and climbed over the wall, spraining his ankle in the process.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 15:05 (Ref:1975808)   #102
chrisks
Rookie

chrisks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Mark
Sorry I didn't catch up with you yesterday.The event was almost like the good old days of the early 90s.
hope you are fit and well
Chris Smith
Old 29 Jul 2007, 15:08 (Ref:1975809)   #103
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Hiya Chris. Good to hear from you.

Came home yesterday evening. Will you be at the Gold Cup?
Old 29 Jul 2007, 15:10 (Ref:1975812)   #104
chrisks
Rookie

chrisks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes.
Could well have a new "Arch" chassis to show
Old 29 Jul 2007, 15:10 (Ref:1975813)   #105
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I hope LAK and Mr LAK didn't have an accident with broken suspension . . .I guess it must have been one of TVR's Cadburys Castings that failed ?

still nothing on MST

GLad to hear Norman came out OK, If Heritage read this site, they'll be stitching a new shell together first thing tomorrow and on the phone to Mr Grimshaw ! hopefully he'll respond as I'd expect him to
Old 29 Jul 2007, 15:21 (Ref:1975821)   #106
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, "send it over straight away". Or have I got that wrong?
Old 29 Jul 2007, 19:43 (Ref:1975890)   #107
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
is there any reason why the results are still not up for both days on MST? what were the results for the Gentlemen Drivers, WSM and saloon cars? JR did you collect any more pots to add to the already groaning and creaking cabinet?!
Old 29 Jul 2007, 19:58 (Ref:1975910)   #108
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
even more tantalising than having no results is having half the results! MST have most of the qually times but no final classifications, any extra info would be appreciated!
Old 29 Jul 2007, 20:02 (Ref:1975913)   #109
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
in the morn . . . some racers will be at work . . . day dreaming of potential pots!
Old 29 Jul 2007, 20:50 (Ref:1975960)   #110
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The Alta lasted the hour with Gareth so all is well.Mags and I with a bit of help from Julian Bronson had a good race.Talbots had mixed results.As usual do not know any other results.Silverstone gate officials were having good time
with race cars with numbers trying to get back in abandoned at the gate
Our grub was OK but the pork baps rubbish!
Old 29 Jul 2007, 21:29 (Ref:1975985)   #111
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a BIG'' thank-you'' from all of us in Orange/Black, big grids, brilliant racing, and being appreciated. Again thanks guys ( and girls ).
Old 30 Jul 2007, 06:05 (Ref:1976104)   #112
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
I hope LAK and Mr LAK didn't have an accident with broken suspension . . .I guess it must have been one of TVR's Cadburys Castings that failed ?

still nothing on MST

GLad to hear Norman came out OK, If Heritage read this site, they'll be stitching a new shell together first thing tomorrow and on the phone to Mr Grimshaw ! hopefully he'll respond as I'd expect him to
The Mr Lak ,Cadbury casting was the result of contact with a solid object,after tyre contact with some slippery stuff[I think].I,ll leave the details to Mrs Lak.I did,nt think anyone at Heritage could read!
Old 30 Jul 2007, 06:09 (Ref:1976105)   #113
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
in the morn . . . some racers will be at work . . . day dreaming of potential pots!
It is,nt a pot ,it,s a nicely engraved Brandy Glass with Silverstone Classic 2007 2nd in Class
Old 30 Jul 2007, 06:22 (Ref:1976109)   #114
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA
Just a BIG'' thank-you'' from all of us in Orange/Black, big grids, brilliant racing, and being appreciated. Again thanks guys ( and girls ).
Hi Chris,Many thank,s for being there and I hope the Aston Race was entertaining,!!.No44 took a bit of muscle but what a fantastic race,FastDb2s powered past down Hanger [3ltr v 2.6]so the chase was on .The Aston box realy need,s a refresh,hence coming out of Luffield on Chris,s tail,went to grab third and it was,nt where it should have been!!*%""!!!!.So had to settle for the placing I had.We finished on the same lap as the DBR1s,DB3S,s etc,so all in all,FANTASTIC!.Stow without braking in a very overweight car proved to be interesting on the first attempt,but afterwards was the way to go! John R,good to see you up there,glad you had some fun and Magg,s looked to be enjoying herself.Did,nt get too the Pork Bap,s,made the mistake of going to Scarf and Goggles,Plastic Plates,Plastic Cutlery,and got charged £17 for a Fish salad!!.Won,t be using thier services next year!!!!

Last edited by terence; 30 Jul 2007 at 06:27.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 06:45 (Ref:1976117)   #115
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
One thing I must say,and that is thank,s to Mark for the excellent Race he organized for us in Racing Felthams,bloody good effort.Friendly racers,no back stabbing just there for FUN!
Old 30 Jul 2007, 07:26 (Ref:1976131)   #116
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fantastic weekend... the Group C hardware was truely jaw-dropping... by the way, who stuffed it in the wall just before Copse on Saturday in the Group C/GTP race. I couldn't quite see from where I was. Hopefully they didn't sustain too much damage.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 07:59 (Ref:1976155)   #117
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Results; patience folks; they don't go up on their own. They now appear to be there:-

http://www.msttiming.com/meeting.asp...ttype=hsccclub

As a spectator, I have some very mixed feelings about this event, especially of Saturday, but I need to collate them and be constructive, so I'm sitting on it whilst I load up copious numbers of images!
Old 30 Jul 2007, 08:12 (Ref:1976166)   #118
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
This was a great moment- Peter Neumark and I meet Tony Rolt.

Last edited by John Turner; 30 Jul 2007 at 08:41. Reason: Big pic. reduced to thumbnail!
Old 30 Jul 2007, 08:21 (Ref:1976173)   #119
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great pic, Mark, but way too big; it distorts the page (see FAQs on image size). Can you make it smaller? If not I can change it to a thumbnail for you.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 08:25 (Ref:1976179)   #120
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Would you mind doing that John? Sorry- I'm a bit useless at this IT stuff.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 08:35 (Ref:1976187)   #121
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good description of the Griff situation Terry! Mr K had a bit of a frightner, hitting some oil on full acceleration coming out of Chapel (?) on to the Hanger Straight. He spent a lot of it by the side of the straight going the wrong way (don't tell him off John Gee!) before sadly coming together with the wall. Thankfully he was fine and we had hopes we could repair the suspension but sadly it wasn't to be.

I have to thank John, the marshalls and the HSCC team as ever - it was a fantastic weekend of racing, helped by the great weather (in the main). The racing was exceptional up and down the grid, the fun fair great fun (although Mr K suffered injuries on the Helter Skelter and Dodgems - it really wasn't his weekend!) and the champagne reception at the BRDC watching the Lola T70's et al going around the circuit in the rain was totally unbelievable.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 08:43 (Ref:1976196)   #122
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Thankyou.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 08:43 (Ref:1976197)   #123
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
No problems, now done ...... and I meant to say 'well done' as well!
Old 30 Jul 2007, 08:47 (Ref:1976203)   #124
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAK
Good description of the Griff situation Terry! Mr K had a bit of a frightner, hitting some oil on full acceleration coming out of Chapel (?) on to the Hanger Straight. He spent a lot of it by the side of the straight going the wrong way (don't tell him off John Gee!) before sadly coming together with the wall. Thankfully he was fine and we had hopes we could repair the suspension but sadly it wasn't to be.
Very disappointing not to see the pocket rocket out in the race, Louise, but very pleased that Jason came out unscathed (apart from the helter skelter, that is!).
Old 30 Jul 2007, 09:14 (Ref:1976226)   #125
CUT 7
Rookie

CUT 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Results; patience folks; they don't go up on their own. They now appear to be there:-

http://www.msttiming.com/meeting.asp...ttype=hsccclub

As a spectator, I have some very mixed feelings about this event, especially of Saturday, but I need to collate them and be constructive, so I'm sitting on it whilst I load up copious numbers of images!
Mixed feelings? Do elaborate.I was very pleasently suprised.Was great.In many ways better than gdwd which does have a bit of that - how to say - 'upper echilon' vibe
(EG strange things i spotted at 'the classic' included a group of black girls wandering around, who uppon spotting Charle Ags Nissan on its own & bright yellow - got stuck infield on his way to the pits - proceeded to drape themselves over the car & commenced a photo shoot.)
My girlfreinds first event & she actually enjoyed herself, loving the variety & especialy the pre-war stuff but will need earplugs next time.
The only thing that was missing for me was the Porsce 917..
The actual point of this post.
Is mst down again? I can find nothing either through the link or othewrwise.
cheers

Last edited by CUT 7; 30 Jul 2007 at 09:17.