Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3267529)   #1226
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the toyota is actually abit quicker in fast corners but it losses so much in straight and traction zones,also i don't think they have an advantage with their hybrid drive over the audi anymore
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:45 (Ref:3267530)   #1227
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#3 Audi is about 3 min behind the #7 Toyota for 3rd place.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:45 (Ref:3267531)   #1228
TheDude
Racer

Portugal
Ourem
TheDude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is the #28 still running?

if so, they are way down the order
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3267532)   #1229
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Well, jimclark, I am pretty sure you could tell that a car was there if you saw its headlights, even at you advanced age.
My advanced age??? (jimclark pointing with and shaking cane...) You keep answering questions that aren't asked....we're talking identifying the cars by their headlights or taillights...not just being aware that there is a car there. Oi-vay...

jimclark
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3267533)   #1230
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokata View Post
the toyota is actually abit quicker in fast corners but it losses so much in straight and traction zones,also i don't think they have an advantage with their hybrid drive over the audi anymore
What in bloody 'ell is a "traction zone"???

jimclark
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3267535)   #1231
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
JMW MOTORSPORT is the true Garage56 entry this year. According to Live Timing, their Ferrari has kept going without a driver for most of the race so far!

PS: Speaking of 'traction zones', maybe its not the best place/time to ask, but... Why is it that Toyota seemed to drive away from R18 quattros out of slow corners when the track was at its wettest?
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3267538)   #1232
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Well everyone was complaining it was getting cold in the wind, so maybe sections without ice?

Guessing acceleration zone was the phrase they were looking for instead.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3267539)   #1233
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
JMW MOTORSPORT is the true Garage56 entry this year. According to Live Timing, their Ferrari has kept going without a driver for most of the race so far!
If you've caught me on other boards discussing the face of racing changing aND HOW PEOPLE CRY ABOUT HOW SAFE IT NEEDS TO BE....THIS IS THE EXPERIMENT WITH MY CONTENTION THAT WE WILL END UP WITH RADIO CONTROLLED RACECARS (DRONES IF YOU WILL) on circuits where there are no spectators so none can be injured...we'll all be watching online. Won't that be fun???!!! I'm glad I'm as old as I am and haven't become brainwashed and have seen and participated in the real thing.

jimclark
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3267540)   #1234
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

PS: Speaking of 'traction zones', maybe its not the best place/time to ask, but... Why is it that Toyota seemed to drive away from R18 quattros out of slow corners when the track was at its wettest?
Corners are too slow for the Audi's to use the quattro until they get up to speed, or did they abandon the minimum speed for AWD hybrid systems?
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3267541)   #1235
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Why is it that Toyota seemed to drive away from R18 quattros out of slow corners when the track was at its wettest?
Because Toyota's hybrid boost is available immediately and Audi has to wait until it hits 120 km/h?
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3267542)   #1236
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
dunlop+playstation+ford chicanes,arnage and mulsanne
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3267544)   #1237
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
PEOPLE CRY ABOUT HOW SAFE IT NEEDS TO BE....THIS IS THE EXPERIMENT WITH MY CONTENTION THAT WE WILL END UP WITH RADIO CONTROLLED RACECARS (DRONES IF YOU WILL) on circuits where there are no spectators so none can be injured...we'll all be watching online. Won't that be fun???!!!
Poor taste, considering the unfortunate incident that occurred this afternoon.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:59 (Ref:3267545)   #1238
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Also the Toyota traction control is more effective than the Audis.

Sarrazin unlapped himself when Kristensen pitted!

Last edited by tux; 22 Jun 2013 at 23:06.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3267547)   #1239
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta4 View Post
Poor taste, considering the unfortunate incident that occurred this afternoon.
Completely agree. Really, really poor taste.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 22 Jun 2013, 23:07 (Ref:3267549)   #1240
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#7 in - Kaz handing over to Lapierre

#8 in - Sarazin over to Davidson
Old 22 Jun 2013, 23:18 (Ref:3267552)   #1241
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If you've caught me on other boards discussing the face of racing changing aND HOW PEOPLE CRY ABOUT HOW SAFE IT NEEDS TO BE....THIS IS THE EXPERIMENT WITH MY CONTENTION THAT WE WILL END UP WITH RADIO CONTROLLED RACECARS (DRONES IF YOU WILL) on circuits where there are no spectators so none can be injured...we'll all be watching online. Won't that be fun???!!! I'm glad I'm as old as I am and haven't become brainwashed and have seen and participated in the real thing.
Dude, what are you doing.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 23:21 (Ref:3267553)   #1242
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jim Clark, sad to see you've lost your mind in your old age, really really poor choice of words.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 23:21 (Ref:3267554)   #1243
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Because Toyota's hybrid boost is available immediately and Audi has to wait until it hits 120 km/h?
Yes. But why the wet, traction limited, track sways the balance in favour of a fully RWD car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Also the Toyota traction control is more effective than the Audis.
Good point!
Old 22 Jun 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3267555)   #1244
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Does Toyota's hybrid system allow for a better TC system by using the electric motors? Next year the AWD limit is dismissed though right?
Old 22 Jun 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3267556)   #1245
Martin90
Racer

Netherlands
Martin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMartin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Does Toyota's hybrid system allow for a better TC system by using the electric motors? Next year the AWD limit is dismissed though right?
Yeah, just heard Toyota on RLM say they are considering 4wd for next year
Old 22 Jun 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3267558)   #1246
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YEAH - no more jumping back and forth on Speed/Speed.com - actual coverage until the end!

Larbre Corvette looking a little hot
Old 22 Jun 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3267560)   #1247
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Malucelli is doing a great stint in the AF Corse #51 consistently on the pace of the leading GTE PRO cars, shame hes a lap behind.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3267561)   #1248
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livininthinair View Post
YEA - no more jumping back and forth on Speed/Speed.com - actual coverage until the end!
No Nationwide or truck races left to mess with the race? Maybe they can find some old happy hour coverage of Cup cars to air.
Although it is nice to get a little Speed channel is when it's streaming. Usually make it 15-20 min before I put RLM back on but the pictures are much better quality than anything on justintv.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3267562)   #1249
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Just noticed Zytek cars in 3rd/4th in LMP2 doing some catching up
Old 22 Jun 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3267563)   #1250
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Jim Clark, sad to see you've lost your mind in your old age, really really poor choice of words.
I'm so ashamed...

However...Having sat in the seat, knowing full well what could happen, I do wonder where the skin of folks is going. Words only have the power you give them.
Having raced, and enjoyed, r/c cars; they never gave the feeling of driving the real thing. Simonsen was doing just what he wished to do...full well knowing the possibilities. When it becomes as antiseptic as many want (yourself included?) it will not be sport any longer...just virtual garbaaage...

Lost my mind? I think not...again give your words the power you wish. They ain't workin' on me.

Maybe tennis or Golf is more your speed...

jimclark