Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Jan 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2621173)   #1226
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hezemans would be a great addition for the 3rd seat too .
Old 28 Jan 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2621232)   #1227
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Hasn't Alex Gurney been testing the GT2 Corvette last year?
Old 29 Jan 2010, 00:03 (Ref:2621362)   #1228
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just for the hell of it they should bring in Cristophe Bouchut for all the enduros.

DK
Old 29 Jan 2010, 01:03 (Ref:2621383)   #1229
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Corvette Racing needs fewer, not more, hotheads! Hezemans is a good suggestion from Europe. Part of me muses why they have never given Terry Borcheller a go, as well.

I think Fassler was a loss for them, but you can't blame him wanting a shot at winning overall. What about a trade - Lucas Luhr to Corvette?! Or in the other let-go drivers department, Manu Collard?
Old 29 Jan 2010, 03:36 (Ref:2621430)   #1230
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I hear Collard is going to Pug .

Borchellor probably aint quick enough .

Bouchet would be a brilliant choice .

How about Angelelli ?
Old 29 Jan 2010, 06:57 (Ref:2621463)   #1231
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
I think Corvette Racing needs fewer, not more, hotheads! Hezemans is a good suggestion from Europe. Part of me muses why they have never given Terry Borcheller a go, as well.

I think Fassler was a loss for them, but you can't blame him wanting a shot at winning overall. What about a trade - Lucas Luhr to Corvette?! Or in the other let-go drivers department, Manu Collard?
I think Luhr will go back to being a Porsche works.
Old 29 Jan 2010, 07:28 (Ref:2621477)   #1232
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Luhr is still a works Audi driver...
Old 29 Jan 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2621504)   #1233
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Luhr is still a works Audi driver...
Sure about that?
If he is still under contract, he's no longer being utilised in prototypes.
Old 29 Jan 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2621666)   #1234
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Sure about that?
If he is still under contract, he's no longer being utilised in prototypes.
Well right now I think we only know one driver lineup for sure: the Fässler, Lotterer, and Treluyer car. We can safely assume that TK, McNish, and Dindo will be in one car too, so that leaves a third car with nobody confirmed.
Old 29 Jan 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2621751)   #1235
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Well right now I think we only know one driver lineup for sure: the Fässler, Lotterer, and Treluyer car. We can safely assume that TK, McNish, and Dindo will be in one car too, so that leaves a third car with nobody confirmed.
All the stories I've read so far have stated that Luhr has been removed.
Has Audi put together an official release yet?
Old 29 Jan 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2621761)   #1236
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who is going to replace Fässler at Corvette is the question. Not, who is in or out at Audi.

L.P.
Old 29 Jan 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2621779)   #1237
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Who is going to replace Fässler at Corvette is the question. Not, who is in or out at Audi.

L.P.
that's funny, I just realized that this was the Corvette thread, not the Audi thread!

I wouldn't mind seeing somebody from the Speed World Challenge get a shot. Eric Curran perhaps? We saw how fast he was in Lou's car.
Old 29 Jan 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2621781)   #1238
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Why would Porsche need him back with a full crew ? As far as I remember , Luhr left Porsche , not the other way around .

I dont expect he will have troubles getting a drive anyway , but it may not be a works drive .
Old 29 Jan 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2621782)   #1239
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Well , with Gavin , Magnussan , Beretta on the list , it would be nice to see a young American getting a break for a change .
Old 29 Jan 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2621820)   #1240
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Well , with Gavin , Magnussan , Beretta on the list , it would be nice to see a young American getting a break for a change .

Yes, that would be nice. But?
I was hoping that Lawson Aschenbach would eventually end up there.
Eric Curran would be another fine choice though!

L.P.
Old 29 Jan 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2621837)   #1241
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Porsche is letting go existing works drivers, I don't think they need any new ones.

At least not until a new prototype programme is started.
Old 30 Jan 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2622380)   #1242
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
who do they have right now? Beretta, Magnussen, O'Connell and Gavin?

What about Garcia?

And to throw another name into the basket, what is Max Papis up to in 2010? He's at Daytona this weekend with Ganassi but does he have a ride in Nascar or Grand-Am?

But it would be interesting for them to bring in another American.

It's been a long time since we've been able to speculate who's on the team.
Old 30 Jan 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2622391)   #1243
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Westbrook would be a good choice
Old 30 Jan 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2622395)   #1244
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has he decided to move away from Porsche after being shunted 2 years in a row? He is quick and reliable, no doubt.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2627367)   #1245
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
Just appeared:
http://badboyvettes.com/496

Nothing confirmed yet, but it's definitely encouraging news.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 17:36 (Ref:2627374)   #1246
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Just appeared:
http://badboyvettes.com/496

Nothing confirmed yet, but it's definitely encouraging news.
It's just a white square when i open it... What is it?
Old 5 Feb 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2627375)   #1247
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
Quote:
It's just a white square when i open it... What is it?
It's an embedded Youtube clip of a lap with Collard at LM.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2627379)   #1248
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
It's an embedded Youtube clip of a lap with Collard at LM.
In the Caddy P-1 at Le Mans.
The question is, back to GM in the Vette Program?

L.P.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2627475)   #1249
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it the Caddy or did he do any of the testing of the new LMPC car and did they do any full le Sarthe runs in its development?
Old 5 Feb 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2627505)   #1250
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
looks like the caddy with the motorola stickers on it