Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Jul 2007, 18:10 (Ref:1972324)   #1226
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPC is going to split with Ferrari... next year 1-2 Corvette... not sure if GT1 or GT2

http://www.racingworld.it/fiagt/noti...?idtitolo=3613
Old 24 Jul 2007, 19:02 (Ref:1972380)   #1227
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
If they still want to compete in Italian GT and int'l. GT Open it would have to be a GT2 Vette. Unless they keep their Ferraris for these championships.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 20:01 (Ref:1972443)   #1228
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco
GPC is going to split with Ferrari... next year 1-2 Corvette... not sure if GT1 or GT2

http://www.racingworld.it/fiagt/noti...?idtitolo=3613
Sounds like GPC is getting chaffed from Ferrari's (? pugno e di acciaio?) business practices with the 430.

L.P.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 08:19 (Ref:1972808)   #1229
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from the article they seem to claim the opposite, it states that Ferrari underestimated Porsche's 997 potential despite GPC's advise and that they are acting as the de facto salesmen for Ferrari which they also deem too expensive. Pretty venomous if you ask me.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 23:01 (Ref:1975048)   #1230
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Sounds like GPC is getting chaffed from Ferrari's (? pugno e di acciaio?) business practices with the 430.

L.P.
To what do you refer? I ask because I have a tremendous inclination towards Ferrari over all others (always have, always will): that is to say, if there is a Ferrari in a race then I want it to win (works over customer/privateer, but it is all good either way).

They aren't always the nicest operators, though, so I am just interested to know what they have been up to.

Last edited by Dutton; 27 Jul 2007 at 23:05.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 23:43 (Ref:1975065)   #1231
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
from the article they seem to claim the opposite, it states that Ferrari underestimated Porsche's 997 potential despite GPC's advise and that they are acting as the de facto salesmen for Ferrari which they also deem too expensive. Pretty venomous if you ask me.
Did I not state it right in Italian? Fists made of steel(?), in other words their way or nothing!
No carry through with the 575 or a 599 GT-1, also the situation with the MC12. GPC has warned them of the potential of the 997 to no avail, I may be incorrect but I took it to mean that you pretty much had to be a dealer in order to get the 430 GT-2. Also that the cost of the car and what is includes ( or doesn't) is pretty exorbitant and that developemental cost is to be shared between the team and Ferrari. Also the politics of getting the factory drivers in the car. And that if this is how they are going to be treated after the length of their current relationship, and that it does not look to improve in the future, it is time to look elsewhere. And that at the moment Corvette seems to be, to them, the best bang for the buck!
But then again I am probably wrong in my interpretation (as usual).

L.P.
Old 28 Jul 2007, 05:53 (Ref:1975130)   #1232
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm very pleased to see (and I don't think this was picked up on in the Audi R10 thread) that 'Round 2' of Peugeot v Audi is likely to take place at Silverstone in September............
Old 28 Jul 2007, 06:38 (Ref:1975135)   #1233
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
(Source DSC)

Darren Manning will replace Neil Cunningham in the Embassy Racing Radical at Spa (a new addition to the Cunningham family is expected that weekend). Neil will be back for Silverstone, but Darren will remain with the team as part of a three driver line-up at Silverstone and Interlagos. Very strong driver combination!
Old 28 Jul 2007, 06:57 (Ref:1975143)   #1234
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Did I not state it right in Italian? Fists made of steel(?), in other words their way or nothing!
But then again I am probably wrong in my interpretation (as usual).

L.P.
I see, maybe I interpreted wrong the "fist of steel" as in "Ferrari is demanding this or that". You are right in your interpretation, I just got the feeling from the article that they claim Ferrari is basically leaving them mostly on their own and that's what upset them. Ferrari dismissing rather than demanding
Old 28 Jul 2007, 07:12 (Ref:1975145)   #1235
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
(Source DSC)

Darren Manning will replace Neil Cunningham in the Embassy Racing Radical at Spa (a new addition to the Cunningham family is expected that weekend). Neil will be back for Silverstone, but Darren will remain with the team as part of a three driver line-up at Silverstone and Interlagos. Very strong driver combination!
I don't particularly mind who the drivers are, as long as they bring along their support team...

http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=girlsvc3.jpg
Old 28 Jul 2007, 07:27 (Ref:1975154)   #1236
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
I don't particularly mind who the drivers are, as long as they bring along their support along .....
Now , thats the most truth ive heard on any forum for awhile Henk !!!
Old 31 Jul 2007, 19:24 (Ref:1977562)   #1237
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the Lucchini from RANIERI RANDACCIO a brand-new LMP2 car?

How good is the NICHOLSON McLAREN engine?

Why are they only racing at Spa? A test race?
Old 31 Jul 2007, 19:39 (Ref:1977576)   #1238
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bil588
Is the Lucchini from RANIERI RANDACCIO a brand-new LMP2 car?

How good is the NICHOLSON McLAREN engine?

Why are they only racing at Spa? A test race?
Not a new car- it's the ex-works Lucchini LMP2 car from 2005, which I think Randaccio bought last year, but hasn't raced it much. It originally ran with a Judd V8, but now uses the Nicholson-McLaren. When the factory team ran it, the car had a lot of transmission troubles- think the original gearbox (from Pankl in Austria) has now been replaced, possibly by an XTrac or Hewland unit?

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-07-10-045.jpg

Bill Binnie used to run the Nicholson engine, but switched to Zytek. Randaccio also used it in a Tampolli SR2 chassis in LMP2 in 2005

Last edited by KA; 31 Jul 2007 at 19:43.
Old 31 Jul 2007, 19:48 (Ref:1977580)   #1239
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Also some info at mariantic.co.uk and a Lucchini brochure

L.P.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 10:44 (Ref:1978075)   #1240
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lister LMP1 project hasn't progressed during the last two months and they will not race this year, endurance-info
Old 1 Aug 2007, 11:38 (Ref:1978128)   #1241
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung
Lister LMP1 project hasn't progressed during the last two months and they will not race this year, endurance-info
Let me add to that article by posting this quote from Lister's own forum (posted 10/7/07):

"We are working on finishing the LMP1 before too long but it looks unlikely that it will race this year. There seems a lot of dissatisfaction within the entry for the Le Mans Series among the petrol runners - no-one has a chance to win with the diesels; and there will probably be an Audi at Silverstone. All teams want the opportunity to win their class/overall - a lot of money is involved for the teams to provide excellent cars and drivers but what is the incentive? Also, for any potential sponsors? Unfortunately I think this means teams have to depend more and more on paying drivers and looking at the financial aspect rather than the 'buzz' and satisfaction."

The old petrol/diesel equivalency debate just won't go away............
Old 1 Aug 2007, 11:42 (Ref:1978132)   #1242
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Let me add to that article by posting this quote from Lister's own forum (posted 10/7/07):

"We are working on finishing the LMP1 before too long but it looks unlikely that it will race this year. There seems a lot of dissatisfaction within the entry for the Le Mans Series among the petrol runners - no-one has a chance to win with the diesels; and there will probably be an Audi at Silverstone. All teams want the opportunity to win their class/overall - a lot of money is involved for the teams to provide excellent cars and drivers but what is the incentive? Also, for any potential sponsors? Unfortunately I think this means teams have to depend more and more on paying drivers and looking at the financial aspect rather than the 'buzz' and satisfaction."

The old petrol/diesel equivalency debate just won't go away............
but it looks like Lister is using this as an easy excuse for being not able to enter a car that will at least be able to give paroli to the factory and Rollcentre cars.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 11:46 (Ref:1978136)   #1243
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
but it looks like Lister is using this as an easy excuse for being not able to enter a car that will at least be able to give paroli to the factory and Rollcentre cars.
I accept that completely. And, to be honest, a few outings this year to get to grips with their new car (let's face it, they would be unlikely to be challenging for honours straight out of the box) would be good preparation for 2008.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 14:05 (Ref:1978259)   #1244
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
There always seems to be an excuse from Lister the last few years ..... new this ,new that . Next year the car could well be old hat !!! What will he do then ?

Shame really ..... but not surpriseing really .....
Old 2 Aug 2007, 10:55 (Ref:1978963)   #1245
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm very pleased to see (and I don't think this was picked up on in the Audi R10 thread) that 'Round 2' of Peugeot v Audi is likely to take place at Silverstone in September............
Highly unlikely now..Audi confirmed they will not attend Silverstone.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 11:19 (Ref:1978981)   #1246
The Badger
Veteran

Why dont they want to support the LMS .....
Old 2 Aug 2007, 11:32 (Ref:1978992)   #1247
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Highly unlikely now..Audi confirmed they will not attend Silverstone.

Just curious, where did they confirm this, as I haven't seen it yet. Thanks
Old 2 Aug 2007, 12:07 (Ref:1979017)   #1248
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Just curious, where did they confirm this, as I haven't seen it yet. Thanks
Here!

Very disappointing, I was looking forward to a little pressure being applied to the Peugeot Le Mans Series steamroller.........
Old 2 Aug 2007, 15:09 (Ref:1979123)   #1249
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Why dont they want to support the LMS .....
Their diesels are already selling well across the pond...
Old 2 Aug 2007, 21:47 (Ref:1979416)   #1250
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And that's basically the reason that Peugeot doesn't want to run cars in the ALMS-Peugeot hasn't sold cars here(North America) since 1992. Audi would just be preaching to the choir(but then again, Peugeot is kinda too).