Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Dec 2013, 06:00 (Ref:3345305)   #1251
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/c...ce-beyond-2014

Are Erebus going to do a release every time low to mid level partner re-sign. Geez, Erebus - needy, needy, attention, attention.
The issue might be more around a total lack of amy other news so this kind of thing stays at the top of the pile for a long time .

Its good that Beko , Heatcraft, Citizen and Fuchs are extending & enhancing their roles and support of Erebus
Old 18 Dec 2013, 06:34 (Ref:3345311)   #1252
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
In AA this week... Is a suggestion that Castrol may be making a return as title sponsor of not one but 2 cars in 2014..

... the story goes that LDM is intending employing Mr Ingall and Mr Perkins for a shiny new 2 car Holden squad...

Crazier things have happened
Mr Ingall and Mr Perkins under the banner "Castrol Racing"? I for one am jumping for joy.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 07:18 (Ref:3345319)   #1253
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In AA this week... Is a suggestion that Castrol may be making a return as title sponsor of not one but 2 cars in 2014..

... the story goes that LDM is intending employing Mr Ingall and Mr Perkins for a shiny new 2 car Holden squad...

i'd be over the moon a fan of both guys and a Holden fan, bring it on.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 07:59 (Ref:3345327)   #1254
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Are Erebus going to do a release every time low to mid level partner re-sign. Geez, Erebus - needy, needy, attention, attention.
Can we assume you have never raised sponsorship at some significant level?

And the answer to your most likely response (apart from the most obvious response that society currently has to deal with, and I'm not trying to offend in any way) would be yes, I have, and still do, working to deadlines right now.

You can service your sponsors perfectly and circumstances beyond your control can still see them leave, but you should never give them a reason for leaving, such as not exceeding their expectations even when you have the smarts and capacity to do so.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 09:49 (Ref:3345368)   #1255
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Hopefully Jack will be more agressive this time around, if it is on the cards. And take the fight up to T888 and FPR , as Charlie is a customer , and doesnt really need to gollow the orders of FPR.
now , that would be good to see.
Mr J Perkins probably showed a lot of aggression trying to hustle the bucket-of-bolts Dodo/Bet247 Kelly Krate, but no one would've haven't noticed it that far down the grid. Even when those VEs were a Perkins entity, they weren't too flash.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 09:53 (Ref:3345369)   #1256
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Some news is better than no news.

They're doing the right thing by their sponsors in generating some easy exposure.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3345378)   #1257
JoyRide
Rookie

JoyRide should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Would be interesting considering the Jack to Jeld-Wen adcafe story earlier today!
Either way I'd be over the moon
We shall see...
Old 18 Dec 2013, 10:31 (Ref:3345384)   #1258
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
jacks career seemed to get cut short. would be good to see him have another chance
Old 18 Dec 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3345415)   #1259
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am hearing that the IceBreak drink bottle isn't quite full enough to Mr Pither into the BJR gig.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 18 Dec 2013, 11:41 (Ref:3345416)   #1260
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Wasn't the last Castrol Sponsorship, Castrol Perkins Racing ?
Old 18 Dec 2013, 12:10 (Ref:3345427)   #1261
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Wasn't the last Castrol Sponsorship, Castrol Perkins Racing ?
Cannot see Castrol backing up a Bathurst win without FPR.

Happy to hear your good news fomoco (in your signature).
Old 18 Dec 2013, 12:34 (Ref:3345435)   #1262
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is Castrol actually returning to FPR in 2014?
Old 18 Dec 2013, 13:05 (Ref:3345444)   #1263
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Castrol will be on the #18 car with Mr Perkins driving it. Just a thought.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3345672)   #1264
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the idea of Perkins and Ingall in a 2 car Castrol Commodore team, but where did these rumours come from? And if they're true, hopefully a more stable budget will help LDM become a more competitive, and happy, team. From the Pye article on the V8 site, it would seem Lucas is quite apt to fly off the handle.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3345679)   #1265
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Also, for what it's worth, Rusty has changed his Twitter pic to him in a Castrol racing suit....
Old 18 Dec 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3345681)   #1266
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jack's Back.

Its confirmed

Team JELD-WEN’s V8 Supercars entry will be driven by 27-year old Jack Perkins in 2014 after team owner Charlie Schwerkolt agreed terms with the re-emerging star
Old 18 Dec 2013, 22:17 (Ref:3345682)   #1267
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Aaaand that's the end of that rumour!
Old 18 Dec 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3345685)   #1268
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
Also, for what it's worth, Rusty has changed his Twitter pic to him in a Castrol racing suit....
Mr Ingall only needs one car to drive, not two..
Old 18 Dec 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3345695)   #1269
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Mr Ingall only needs one car to drive, not two..
Jah, but it just won't be the same without a Perkins as team mate.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3345700)   #1270
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's do some deducting here.

1. Russell has said he doesn't want to 'just make up the numbers' - that he would only do it if the deal was right. A one-car LDM crate languishing down the back would not be Russell's idea of a good time.

2. Noise is that Ice Break is not going to put up enough for Pither to step up.

3. Erebus has released details about their extended deal with Fuchs.

4. Is the above a bigger deal? Will it come at a consequence to other teams? Say BJR?

5. Russell changed his Twitter pic back to him in a Castrol suit.

I'm only seeing a few options here guys. It can't be ruled out, but I don't think Russell would go to LDM. As you can see BJR is the most likely option.

Either that or GRM are ditching Valvoline and we end up with a 2-car Castrol Racing GRM (Volvo Polestar Racing) operation with Scotty and Rusty...???
Old 18 Dec 2013, 23:00 (Ref:3345702)   #1271
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

1. Russell has said he doesn't want to 'just make up the numbers' - that he would only do it if the deal was right. A one-car LDM crate languishing down the back would not be Russell's idea of a good time.

4. Is the above a bigger deal? Will it come at a consequence to other teams? Say BJR?

I'm only seeing a few options here guys. It can't be ruled out, but I don't think Russell would go to LDM. As you can see BJR is the most likely option.

Either that or GRM are ditching Valvoline and we end up with a 2-car Castrol Racing GRM (Volvo Polestar Racing) operation with Scotty and Rusty...???
the GRM deal would meet Castrols previous announcement that they only want to be part of a factory team
Old 18 Dec 2013, 23:02 (Ref:3345704)   #1272
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:

Oooo, I didn't think about that. Rusty in the #21 with Castrol backing. That'd be the best drive available for him I believe, and if Castrol are willing to stump up the readies to replace Wilson, it's gotta be good for the Jones'. And a step up from Wall.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 23:03 (Ref:3345705)   #1273
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
the GRM deal would meet Castrols previous announcement that they only want to be part of a factory team
True, Castrol could well end up there. I don't think there'd be a place for Rusty though.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 23:06 (Ref:3345706)   #1274
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's good to see Jack back with a full time drive.
He could do a lot worse than driving for Charlie in the FPR machine.

I had him as a rough outsider for the GRM Volvo drive.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3345707)   #1275
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
But you also have to bear in mind that they are already part of a factory team (FPR). And you would think that after a Bathurst win that they will hang around on the bonnets of both of those cars.

It's all semantics though. I see two possible outcomes:

1. Castrol pull from FPR and go for two full Volvo's at GRM. The second driver will be one R. Ingall. But in this scenario, what about Valvoline? Off to somewhere else? Out of the sport altogether. Doesn't Rogers have something to do with Valvoline in a corporate sense? If so, would this deal even be possible?

2. Castrol stay on the bonnets at FPR (true to the statement of being involved with a factory operation) and go for naming rights of the #21 at BJR with R. Ingall. Why not? Nostalgia purposes alone make it a marketing and promotions dream! Only thing in the way is Fuchs, which like I said may not be so much of an issue if they've scaled down at BJR to up the ante at Erebus.