Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Jan 2011, 16:15 (Ref:2818873)   #1276
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We might be finding out sooner rather than later (re: P&M lineup) if this is anything to go by:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Milner (Twitter)
Big announcement today! Everyone has been asking about it...today the wait is over.
http://twitter.com/#!/TommyMilner/st...83703298588672
Old 21 Jan 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2818878)   #1277
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Well, if Milner is in, there wouldn't be room for Brabs AND Westy, just one of them.
Certainly great candidates out there. Brabham went back to GTs a few years ago, so why not again? Plenty of room for (more) former archrivals from Aston Martin Westbrook is a class act as well, but I'd rather see him doing something in Europe.

I was (/am) also secretly hoping that Johnny O' would still drive @ some bigger enduros if he wished so, like Fellows did for a few years. But I guess Corvette seats are getting pretty crowded.

Last edited by Deleted; 21 Jan 2011 at 16:42.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 18:50 (Ref:2818931)   #1278
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Westbrook is confirmed for the #4 Corvette for Sebring, Petit and Le Mans.

Tommy Milner confirmed for #3 Corvette for full season.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 18:55 (Ref:2818932)   #1279
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Westbrook is confirmed for the #4 Corvette for Sebring, Petit and Le Mans.

Tommy Milner confirmed for #3 Corvette for full season.
So it's Magnussen/Milner/Garcia and Gavin/Beretta/Westbrook in the Vettes with Garcia and Westbrook coming in for the long races?

That means that Brabs must have had some positive signs from Highcroft.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 19:01 (Ref:2818936)   #1280
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm still thinking that Brabham is going Peugeot
Old 21 Jan 2011, 19:03 (Ref:2818937)   #1281
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I'm still thinking that Brabham is going Peugeot
Replacing... who?
Old 21 Jan 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2818942)   #1282
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Replacing... who?
Don't know.
But Peugeot like him, and the Brabham name is almost synonymous with Peugeot Le Mans victories! (His father winning in the 905 and himself in 2009)
Old 21 Jan 2011, 19:27 (Ref:2818952)   #1283
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Minor correction: Geoff is David's older brother. I don't think that Black Jack has any direct connection to Peugeot.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2818954)   #1284
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Minor correction: Geoff is David's older brother. I don't think that Black Jack has any direct connection to Peugeot.
woops, sorry . Knew that, but just got it confused.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 20:44 (Ref:2818985)   #1285
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So it's Magnussen/Milner/Garcia and Gavin/Beretta/Westbrook in the Vettes with Garcia and Westbrook coming in for the long races?
Westbrook said on twitter his team mates would be Gavin and Magnussen.

http://twitter.com/#!/RWestbrook1

So there seems to have been a switcheroo with the Vette mainstays too. The original line ups you posted Victor seem more balanced. Who knows...
Old 21 Jan 2011, 20:57 (Ref:2818996)   #1286
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

That makes it sound like Brabham was driving Corvette Racing's decisions. I don't think they take orders from anyone! They got a full-season young American in Milner, which is good for their marketing program, and one of the best GT drivers in the world right now in Richard Westbrook. Something tells me they are perfectly happy with the choice they made, and it is far from a compromise.

The Vette lineups are switched, but you may remember they did that toward the end of last year. They found that both members of each of their usual pairings were not agreeing on car setup, and that by swapping them they created 2 pairings that were internally consistent in what they wanted out of the GT2. I'm assuming they are still finding Gavin and Magnussen like the same setup, and hopefully Milner and Beretta will too!
Old 21 Jan 2011, 21:25 (Ref:2819025)   #1287
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw Westbrook in an outclassed Porsche a few times and he is extremely competent: fast, takes care of the tires and cautious in traffic. Sebring in a Vette should showcase his talents.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 21:48 (Ref:2819034)   #1288
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Westbrook said on twitter his team mates would be Gavin and Magnussen.

http://twitter.com/#!/RWestbrook1

So there seems to have been a switcheroo with the Vette mainstays too. The original line ups you posted Victor seem more balanced. Who knows...
Yes, it'll be Milner/Beretta/Garcia and Mags/Gavin/Westy
Old 21 Jan 2011, 23:14 (Ref:2819058)   #1289
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
why did porsche let westbrook go, he was one of their fastest if not the fastest drivers. Porsche's loss corvettes huge gain
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 23:15 (Ref:2819059)   #1290
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
why did porsche let westbrook go, he was one of their fastest if not the fastest drivers. Porsche's loss corvettes huge gain
And he's been fast in just about everything else he's been in since too.
Old 22 Jan 2011, 00:09 (Ref:2819071)   #1291
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, it'll be Milner/Beretta/Garcia and Mags/Gavin/Westy
Holy Moly, Mags/Gavin/Westy will be one of the fastest GT lineups that ever zipped up fireproof suits. If the improvements to the Corvette for 2011 are good and the car holds up, these guys will kick some serious butt.

DK
Old 22 Jan 2011, 02:06 (Ref:2819095)   #1292
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

No, it just means those lineups have been settled long before anyone daydreamed that Brabham might be added by Corvette.

Brabs (b. 1965) has had a great career - pretty much like Randy (b. 1957), Ronnie (b. 1959), Max (b. 1969), and Johnny (b. 1962). Corvette is - as they have - remixing to younger drivers.

They aren't going to add another "seasoned" shoe; with Mags (b 1973), Ollie G. (b. 1972) and Ollie B. (b. 1969), they have plenty of left over experience. Beretta is now the only Corvette driver born before 1970.

Westbrook (b. 1975), Garcia (b. 1980), and Milner (b. 1986) represent the next "generation."
Old 22 Jan 2011, 04:16 (Ref:2819110)   #1293
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And he's been fast in just about everything else he's been in since too.
I agree he had a couple epic drives in the Matech Ford GT this year completely outclassing Thomas Mutch. I too wonder why Porsche dropped him, but I think there is a lot that goes into being a factory driver.
Old 24 Jan 2011, 11:06 (Ref:2819806)   #1294
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Audi line-ups for Sebring will be the same line-ups from the #7 and #9 cars at Le Mans last year, i.e. Capello/McNish/Kristensen and Bernhard/Dumas/Rockenfeller.
Old 24 Jan 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2819877)   #1295
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Audi line-ups for Sebring will be the same line-ups from the #7 and #9 cars at Le Mans last year, i.e. Capello/McNish/Kristensen and Bernhard/Dumas/Rockenfeller.
Will be interesting to see who would drive the 911 Hybrid then if it does turn up.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 01:21 (Ref:2820168)   #1296
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
Certainly. Im happy that he's found a good seat at Corvette Racing for the enduros and that Tommy Milner wont be without a ride this year. Both cars have incredibly strong lineups with some fresh blood, they'll need it in ALMS GT this year.

Any news on falken? I see they'll be racing at the Ring but havent much about their ALMS plans.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 02:09 (Ref:2820180)   #1297
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
One thing I'm trying to figure out is with Level 5, will Diaz, Tucker and Bouchut all be in the same car, or will they be split up?
Old 25 Jan 2011, 05:33 (Ref:2820211)   #1298
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
One thing I'm trying to figure out is with Level 5, will Diaz, Tucker and Bouchut all be in the same car, or will they be split up?
Diaz and Bouchut are required - takes two good ones to carry Tucker.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 06:26 (Ref:2820217)   #1299
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
Diaz and Bouchut are required - takes two good ones to carry Tucker.
Who is carrying who? There would be no team without Tucker
Old 25 Jan 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2820255)   #1300
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The rules on drivers in more than one car have been changed (although, correct ms if I am wrong, it was only ever allowed in the challenge classes):

Drivers must declare which car they are scoring points in before the race start (you could still put your top driver in 2 cars for a performance boost, but if you declare points for him in car 1 & it DNFs, then only driver 2 in car 2 will score points)