Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 23 Aug 2023, 18:43 (Ref:4173768)   #1301
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Pink? You said pink? We all remember some 'Stang works special editions like the famous Hertz (Hollywood brought Bullitt and Eleanor). Who remembers the pink edition: https://www.mustangspecs.com/hot-pin...-ford-mustang/ Affordable one: https://ck-modelcars.de/fr/greenligh...13662/p-85288/
A good mate races a very original '65 FIA (not ACO…) and when applying for a HTP he had to justify that the color was original.

Yes, broad, very small country here. Compared to yours, everything is tiny. But sometimes you can meet with good people tho. OK, not always…
Old 23 Aug 2023, 20:30 (Ref:4173780)   #1302
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's similar for every country, we're just bigger and sadly give the biggest ******s the most microphones. Sometimes we need a big mute button.

I was judged earlier today for 2 espresso breakfast, he said that's a lot of coffee. Son I drink at least 32oz of iced coffee every day, usually more. But he was friendly not angry French waiter guy
Old 24 Aug 2023, 06:49 (Ref:4173796)   #1303
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Don't forget tip is always included in France… Smile is not.
Old 24 Aug 2023, 08:43 (Ref:4173810)   #1304
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Don't forget tip is always included in France… Smile is not.

Ah, Gérard, that is France not Brittany, though!
Old 24 Aug 2023, 08:50 (Ref:4173812)   #1305
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Old 25 Aug 2023, 19:42 (Ref:4173949)   #1306
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So the voyage back from Brittany to Paris and beyond started today. First Paris should just be paved over and restart, drivers are both insane and very accommodating. Never seen more flashers or brake lights of acknowledgement and folks just putting on the blinker and coming over.

So many fun things seen on the route sadly not too many pictures though of most. Lots of caravans on the road and some a bit loaded down to the bump stops

The wife decided something I felt I had to share and may repeat in the Pug WEC thread. The lion on the badge looks like it's trying to do the Thriller dance, now I can't unsee that.

Good Lord this Honda is just hideous, that never should have been produced.

Our rental for the trip was a BMW 118 hatch and after a week plus I have a review. DEAR GOD IT SUCKS, the seat is terrible unless you're joeb or smaller, the roof is within 3'of the seat and it has all the get out of the way of a mosquito. I drove it 2 days and couldn't, could not find a comfortable seating position and every so often cleaned my clock on the edge of the sunroof cutout, yes my head was off to the right and in it always.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 20:44 (Ref:4173955)   #1307
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And the love of Harleys is impressive, few Ducati, few Triumph but plenty of Harleys.
Yep plenty of very tasty bikes here.... Ducati, Benelli and a stunning MV Augusta spotted. Also plenty of Harleys here. There is a large Harley Club nearby I discovered after talking to one of the riders. All types of spec from cruiser to hog to stock.

Vespa as in the background are quite popular too.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3814 harleyCalpe.jpeg  
Old 25 Aug 2023, 21:05 (Ref:4173958)   #1308
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just found this on my laptop taken earlier in the year back hhome in Melbourne.. Under the bonnet of an Aston DBS Vantage. A bit of a plumbers nightmare but impressed the hell out of me. Oh and the sound was none to shabby and the owner was very keen for it to be heard!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3193DBSVantageMelb.jpeg  
Old 25 Aug 2023, 21:57 (Ref:4173960)   #1309
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Just found this on my laptop taken earlier in the year back hhome in Melbourne.. Under the bonnet of an Aston DBS Vantage. A bit of a plumbers nightmare but impressed the hell out of me. Oh and the sound was none to shabby and the owner was very keen for it to be heard!

Chris, I know full well that you are far more knowledgeable about all matters of motoring than I am, but I think that that would be a DBS V8; the Vantage of that vintage was came with a Straight 6.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 22:24 (Ref:4173961)   #1310
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Chris, I know full well that you are far more knowledgeable about all matters of motoring than I am, but I think that that would be a DBS V8; the Vantage of that vintage was came with a Straight 6.
On the contrary Mike, I'm sure you are more knowledgeable than me, certainly on this one. It was actually a photo I took a while ago, just found it on my laptop tonight and thought others might be interested in seeing. I must admit guilt in just presuming it to be a Vantage and further for the Vantage to have had all the best performance bits that this actual car appeared to have. Clearly I got it wrong.

Indeed I stand humbly corrected and now more educated in matters of the Aston Martin DBS. Thanks for pointing it out and sharing your knowledge.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 23:51 (Ref:4173971)   #1311
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I saw a blue Chevy SS with the Holden badge package today. Heartbreaking. He got the thumbs up
Old 26 Aug 2023, 05:16 (Ref:4173990)   #1312
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice Harley, well done. Adding fun to the feet first saddle, this kind of handle bars gives a strange riding position. Said Jesus Christ. Well, you see why…
Old 26 Aug 2023, 08:12 (Ref:4173993)   #1313
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
On the contrary Mike, I'm sure you are more knowledgeable than me, certainly on this one. It was actually a photo I took a while ago, just found it on my laptop tonight and thought others might be interested in seeing. I must admit guilt in just presuming it to be a Vantage and further for the Vantage to have had all the best performance bits that this actual car appeared to have. Clearly I got it wrong.

Indeed I stand humbly corrected and now more educated in matters of the Aston Martin DBS. Thanks for pointing it out and sharing your knowledge.

Only because I looked it up, Chris, because my knowledge doesn't stretch that far. And I only did a Google because I was surprised that your picture shows a car without fuel injection which surprised me, but then the V8 was built before such things became almost mandatory.
Old 26 Aug 2023, 19:34 (Ref:4174082)   #1314
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
I saw something I have never seen or even known of before today.
A Suzuki Boulevard. A v-twin with a 1472cc engine.
I never knew Suzuki had ever produced anything Vee twin.
Amusingly longer than a standard bike parking spot.

Parked behind a nice Carrera 4 S as well.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4354SuzukiBoulevand.jpeg   IMG_4355Suz2.jpeg  
Old 27 Aug 2023, 08:45 (Ref:4174128)   #1315
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice Suzie here. Because HD was really upset with japanese replicas, they tried for a while to have their V-Twin engine sound deposit as a TM. They never found a judge able to spot the famous "potatoe, potatoe, potatoe…" typical idle sound tho! Only Kwak' went a different way instead of copying HD's they went for the Indian way with two different displacement "Drifters". Good looking, almost no vibes but absolutely unstoppable! https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/548031848404601053/
Old 27 Aug 2023, 08:52 (Ref:4174129)   #1316
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Over the years, Honda had a lot of attempts in what is called here "Custom bikes market". This range is called "Shadow" (good choice!) displacement starting with a poor 125, all engines are V-Twins. They have in common, IMO, a really poor handling (stupid steering column angle), an absolutely inefficient braking system and the ride position "feet first" (another good choice!) makes the comfort terrible. All in all, nothing matches the original. Harley Davidson's keep a high resale value unlike japanese look-no-so-alike.

Imagine replacing this with Kwak', Suzie or Honda? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwv7CxO8rs8

Last edited by Gerard C; 27 Aug 2023 at 08:56. Reason: Brigitte Bardot!
Old 28 Aug 2023, 03:07 (Ref:4174307)   #1317
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wutang MustangClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230827-230729.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	77869
Old 28 Aug 2023, 16:57 (Ref:4174405)   #1318
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Wutang MustangAttachment 77869
Did you stay around and wait to see who the driver was? I'm guessing 65 yr old woman.
Old 28 Aug 2023, 17:27 (Ref:4174411)   #1319
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Did you stay around and wait to see who the driver was? I'm guessing 65 yr old woman.
I admit I had to google Wutang.... we lead a sheltered life in Aus.
Old 28 Aug 2023, 18:25 (Ref:4174427)   #1320
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I admit I had to google Wutang.... we lead a sheltered life in Aus.
I've heard the Wutang Clan ain't nuthin to F with!

Spotted today in route to a job. She's for sale too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230828_154308682.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	77873Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230828_141150222.jpg
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	77874
Old 28 Aug 2023, 18:46 (Ref:4174432)   #1321
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And hummm the 54 yo young woman… pics? Selfie may be…
Old 28 Aug 2023, 20:13 (Ref:4174440)   #1322
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Attachment 77873Attachment 77874
Yes please, pis poor color and barn doors aren't as good as tailgate but memories. Oh, and discount price to buy ALL the AC units for that

Later than our old one, guessing more like an 88-90?
Old 28 Aug 2023, 21:32 (Ref:4174452)   #1323
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Attachment 77873Attachment 77874
that is pretty clean! If I had it I'd paint some flames on the side.
Old 28 Aug 2023, 21:56 (Ref:4174458)   #1324
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yes please, pis poor color and barn doors aren't as good as tailgate but memories. Oh, and discount price to buy ALL the AC units for that

Later than our old one, guessing more like an 88-90?
Ours growing up had barn doors and I liked the look better. But yeah, Georgia Power truck? Could be an old UGA fleet. Too clear for either.

And yes, 89, per the "build sheet".

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230828_154339264.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	77875
Old 28 Aug 2023, 22:23 (Ref:4174459)   #1325
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Geez, its had a few bucks thrown at it.