Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:30 (Ref:2849823)   #1301
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race, great to Oreca winning a big one...
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:30 (Ref:2849822)   #1302
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
And Hughes is tearing up-good on him and team at Oreca
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:31 (Ref:2849824)   #1303
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Awww de Chaunac just went up tenfold in my estimation. Very happy for him. HPD held on for second well done to them.

Great race even if we were robbed of a factory fight.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:32 (Ref:2849826)   #1304
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

HPD is beating Peugeot fair & square! They did an incredible job with that new car!

Remember the ARX-02 a debut here at Sebring 2 years ago to see the contrast...

Congratulations to ORECA and HIGHCROFT! Two privateers on the two top spot! Thrilling!
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:33 (Ref:2849828)   #1305
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very happy for de Chaunac after the big disappointment at Le Mans last year after their heroic effort.

DK
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:33 (Ref:2849829)   #1306
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Hugues De Chaunac and Oreca, RLL BMW, Level 5 and the rest. Definetely the most gripping Sebring since 2007, fantastic race it definetely bodes well for the rest of the years racing and things are looking good for Oreca.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:34 (Ref:2849830)   #1307
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice one, Oreca! What a fantastic motor race, sure the streaming was a bit frustrating at times but P1 and GT2 were brilliant... again.

One podium for vettes is tolerable I suppose, after all the issues. Good year coming.

Last edited by Deleted; 20 Mar 2011 at 02:51.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:34 (Ref:2849831)   #1308
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Wow. Love the emotion, its good to see people showing what it really means, hats off to RLR and Joey Hand, a great year gets even better for him.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:35 (Ref:2849832)   #1309
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im delighted for ORECA ..... poetic justice ,

Very disapointed about P2 !!!

Rock on for Irishman Faulkner with Black Swan ....... too tired to think about much more .

Nite , sleep well
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:36 (Ref:2849833)   #1310
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How about old Tracey Krohn and his guys winning the GTE-Am category. Not bad for a hair-lip!

DK
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:36 (Ref:2849834)   #1311
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who were the optimistic people that went with their hearts and so won the predictions contest? Might have hoped Oreca could challenge and HPD could finish but 1 and 2 is an amazing race ending. Hard to sell to casual fans who don't know either team but a good story if ESPN carries the result on Sportscenter
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:37 (Ref:2849835)   #1312
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW won GT, and a Corvette is on the podium too. With that magnificent LMP1 podium it makes me a very happy guy!

Now it's soon 4am for me so I'm going to bed. Good night everyone!
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:38 (Ref:2849836)   #1313
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the past several years the P2 class was nearly a match for the P1 cars. Now, either due to engine tom-foolery or who knows what, the P2 is a joke. I watched, at one point, a GT car BLAST by a P2. Didn't we all see this last year at Mid Ohio when the SR9 was a rolling roadblock to the GTs?
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:41 (Ref:2849838)   #1314
hcl123
Veteran

hcl123 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
What a fantastic race that "highcroft" HPD ARX-01e made!

Absolutely perfect without the slight incident... and very fast drivers too...

In "normal" conditions they would be 6th position behind the Pugs and the Audis, but they had the chance of winning if the diesels had messed up a little more...

ORECA MATMUT deserves it absolutely... and with a crippled car! fantastic!... means that ACO dosen't have to worry about competition because 2 more teams as professional as ORECA and wont be only "factory" teams winning.. and no more anti-sportive arbitrary rules!

[EDIT: or "factory" teams winning most of the time!.. REAL good professional privateers on diesel! a prospect to looking forward]

Last edited by Bentley03; 20 Mar 2011 at 11:16. Reason: Language!!!
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:43 (Ref:2849839)   #1315
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
I'm really thrilled for the Dyson guys. After a 12 hour race on one of the toughest tracks in the world, they were only 8 laps behind the big bad diesels in a little 2-liter glorified P2 car. Not too shabby.

DK
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:46 (Ref:2849841)   #1316
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, a big thanks to RLM, Hindy and Shaw did a brilliant job with the commentary for the whole twelve hours. I'm off to bed now, it's been a fantastic day of sports car racing and I challenge anyone to say that endurance racing is boring after that race.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:51 (Ref:2849845)   #1317
Bubak
Rookie

Bubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course, congratulations to Black Swan Racing, winners of GTC class.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:58 (Ref:2849848)   #1318
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I'm glad to see Houghes in tears of happiness for once! Fantastic job by his team.
Highcroft clearly earned sponsorship for the full season now!
Old 20 Mar 2011, 03:00 (Ref:2849849)   #1319
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was a great job by Hindy and Shaw, think I heard maybe 2 pauses with no sound but they need time to get a drink or bite to eat sometime. I think this could end up being a good race to sell to new fans tomorrow, if they happen to catch it when flipping the channels, if anyone actually does that anymore with channel guides everywhere now.

Glad Dyson could run the whole race but seemed like they disappeared and both Audis ended up back in front of them at the end. Did feel weird when I thought about it and realized I didn't hear Dyson or Intersport mentioned on ALMS coverage. I know Dyson was running but who many times did we see the car in the last hour? And the Intersport LMPC just isn't the same as Jon throwing the Lola around and passing everyone on track before either blowing the motor or grinding the tires to nothing.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 03:03 (Ref:2849850)   #1320
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
For the past several years the P2 class was nearly a match for the P1 cars. Now, either due to engine tom-foolery or who knows what, the P2 is a joke. I watched, at one point, a GT car BLAST by a P2. Didn't we all see this last year at Mid Ohio when the SR9 was a rolling roadblock to the GTs?
There was a handful of new cars running but by Spa there'll be a dozen with teams like Strakka and RML joining.

The quickest P2 ran 8 seconds quicker than GTE pole in a car that's basically just been rolled off the transporter. Other cars limping around are no more respresentative of P2 than the Panoz is of GTE.

PS, great win for ORECA, bodes well for a fantastic season with petrol, diesel, new and grandfathered cars all looking competitive.

Last edited by JAG; 20 Mar 2011 at 03:20.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 03:21 (Ref:2849858)   #1321
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ahhh. Good to see LMP2 back to its roots.

All we need is a bizarrely-shaped WR with a habbit of fluking finishes to win and we're back to the early noughties again!
Old 20 Mar 2011, 04:15 (Ref:2849869)   #1322
godlameroso
Racer

godlameroso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgodlameroso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good race, that last hour had me on the edge of my seat. I think the ALMS should simplify things and just have LMP LMPC GT and GTC, we don't need three LMP classes. We saw today that the LMPC and LMP2 cars were for all intents and purposes equal, I hope IMSA gets it and just adds the Oreca 02 into LMP2, and just call the junior LMP class LMPC.

Once the Lamborghini gets it's upgraded engine it should be up there with the GT's, hopefully the racing will be closer in the sprint races.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 04:25 (Ref:2849870)   #1323
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
They had a whole week to study american rules! Lol, I wonder if they still "love US racing" right now?

I'm confident they will recover from that, and hopefully remember the lesson...
Amazing isn't it. Look out this turned out.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 04:42 (Ref:2849873)   #1324
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Yeah well, we all know how that came to be...
Yes we did didn't we?

Old 20 Mar 2011, 08:14 (Ref:2849910)   #1325
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I was hoping for an Audi or Oreca win and Highcroft to do well.

Well, Oreca won, Highcroft finished 2nd, and Audi made a good points day out of a race they could've contended for if not for their issues.

And like in previous races, little things did make a big difference: The punctures on the #1 Audi, the #2 Audi and #7 Pug taking each other out, and the busted louvers on the #8 Pug. Oreca had the most trouble free race and won on that account, but they had to execute when the time came to take advantage of those situlations.

Only thing I worry about is if the ACO will try and performance ballance the Oreca 908 and other older LMP1s, as the pace was equal between it, the R15s and the new 908s, which is something that I'm not entirely sure that the ACO wants to see, but if I'm Peugeot, I wouldn't be whining now. And in a way, Justice has been served as Oreca ended up being Peugeot's best shot at a good result at LM, and I just like the Oreca guys better than the factory team.

And as for Audi, at least they showed us why they've won so many races in the past, doing repairs in a few minutes that it would take most others to do in tens of minutes. I wonder how that might improve with the allegedly more modular R18? Or how much faster it could've been compared to the R15, but the latter two questions are more suited for a different thread.

One interesting thing I read was that the #7 908 after it's accident may've had gearbox issues (I assume that was just a report). Could the car getting squirly over the bumps like that have caused such an issue if that had happened (not saying that it did, but a post here said that there were possibly gearbox issues).