Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 30 Dec 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3182884)   #1351
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bob View Post
Hmm... I may be from another planet...? But up until the advent of S.T -
What does the advent of a completely seperate class have to do with anything? Surely, if you're suggesting the measure of a "National Championship" is that a class has to race on all tracks, then the measure is the measure....

Quote:
do the words Toyota, Formula Ford, Suzuki, Mini, Production, V8s, V8 utes, Puke, Taupo, Manfield, Ruapuna, Levels, Teretonga (& now H.D) ring any bells? Last time I looked at the award sheets, there were quite a few cross references between these classes & tracks..?
Fact is, Toyota's and FFord didn't do Puke last year and the rest of Teir 1 forgot about HD... So, if the measure of a "national championship" is racing on all circuits, then we haven't had a "national championship" in years....

Last edited by Woolley; 30 Dec 2012 at 22:00. Reason: Just tidying up the quotes
Old 30 Dec 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3183041)   #1352
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
I think the preliminary South Island event in round 2 of thhe V8ST calender replaces the preposed Auckland Stadium event that was canned.

What's Simon Richards up to?
umm probably getting ready to celebrate the new year like everyone else although nist claims he's been busy trying to buy a st
Old 1 Jan 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3183617)   #1353
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
so when are the new people in charge planning on letting everyone know what's going on?
Old 1 Jan 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3183623)   #1354
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They must be still on holiday. Although the website URL has changed now http://www.nzracechamps.org.nz
Old 1 Jan 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3183660)   #1355
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
so when are the new people in charge planning on letting everyone know what's going on?
To repost the answer almost a month ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
Bloody Hell you guys are hard to please.

I'm sure that MSNZ will release entry lists through their Race News and other media.

MSNZ are accepting the entries not the clubs.

The advertising for our event is a fair way off yet. There is not a bottomless Pit to fund this.

Posters etc will be out and about shortly and also info on our website.
Round 1 is a little over a week away and the latest "News" story is about the Endurance Championship in Feb..... Nothing on the new cars or who's driving them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Have sent the team an e-mail....
Have asked how far along the cars are, if there's been any chassis mods to accommodate the panels, how parity testing has gone (how the GM/Ford/Toyota engines compared) and who the second driver is....
Have also not heard anything from the Richards Team....

I can only presume that no one organising or competing in the NZV8's wants spectators to show up?
Old 1 Jan 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3183668)   #1356
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'm going to be at the first two rounds 'doin stuff'.
However if asked, I wouldn't be RECOMMENDING anybody come along for a look as I suspect the show will be poor.
I hope I'm wrong...
Old 2 Jan 2013, 00:30 (Ref:3183687)   #1357
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
Well I'm going to be at the first two rounds 'doin stuff'.
However if asked, I wouldn't be RECOMMENDING anybody come along for a look as I suspect the show will be poor.
I hope I'm wrong...
thanks for your support
Old 2 Jan 2013, 01:00 (Ref:3183691)   #1358
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
thanks for your support
Do we need a sacasm smiley?

Found this http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/pricesandrules.aspx
Hilarious reading (if slightly off topic)
I think Schedule A needs more pictures - like this http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/userc...ntFriendly.pdf
Old 2 Jan 2013, 02:06 (Ref:3183700)   #1359
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I can only presume that no one organising or competing in the NZV8's wants spectators to show up?[/QUOTE]

To be fair to these guys, getting spectators outside of your core following costs a lot of money and more money paying someone for the time to organise it all. Advertising, airtime, promotion etc doesn't grow on trees. That's the harsh reality of the current economic climate and it's the same for Tier 1 or small home grown classes. In fact, it's probably a lot easier for the smaller ones. It all comes down to who has deep pockets in the category, who can cut the cheapest deals with contra ticket deals or how much sponsorship money you have to spend. It's not easy. Sure, if you have big bucks or a big show for contra you can buy a lot of TV space and radio time and that is a self-fulfilling prophecy re spectators to a degree. Even then, you must still promote. If you have nothing, you have to use your brains and prmote like hell on free mediums like facebook and use media and communications to try and secure preview coverage in its own right. For that you need an angle. New manufacturer, big name, something controversial etc. Without those 'free' promotional angles or the wherewithall to exploit them, you will struggle whoever you are. FOr me, I would start with database marketing, but I've had nothing at all fro MSNZ via email offering early bird tickets or anything. No excuse for that really, you have to try!

Bottom line - if people don't know about it, they won't come.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 04:35 (Ref:3183714)   #1360
E36ST
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
E36ST should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Ruapuna has obviously decided that it holds the whip hand and that the value of its circuit is 100k. Good luck to them. I think they will find that the market does not agree. I hope they are honest enough to tell the public "We were too expensive and so you miss you opportunity to see the show live"
Goodness knows what they spend their money on - certainly not the pit area.
I would love to know where you heard that as it's clearly wrong. The idea of the Canterbury Car Club charging ~$200k for two meetings this last season is crazy, it was nowhere near that, not even in the same ballpark.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 04:50 (Ref:3183716)   #1361
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36ST View Post
I would love to know where you heard that as it's clearly wrong. The idea of the Canterbury Car Club charging ~$200k for two meetings this last season is crazy, it was nowhere near that, not even in the same ballpark.
I know the first Ruapuna round was 65 - 75% of that figure. 2nd round???

I've seen the income value on the books put against the NZV8 T1 meeting the year before and it was there or therabouts.

The 100k figure comes from the other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club racer View Post
...And Ruapuna if they are not on the calendar, but I suspect in their case it is simply a question of economics on the part of ST. I heard on the grapevine that Ruapuna want nearly $100,000 hire for the circuit for the weekend (This came from a CCC member so not sure whether it is correct) and to me that seems completely out of kilter in regards to where the economic climate is. Price yourself out of the market and the business will go elsewhere - that's a rudimentary rule of macro economics.

Socrams figure of $12k COST for a 2 day meeting is also highly believable.
What drives the difference?

It woudn't suprise me at all if the opening figure of 100k was bandied around. Perhaps you could throw light on why Ruapuna isn't locked in for Rd2?
Old 2 Jan 2013, 05:39 (Ref:3183719)   #1362
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
To repost the answer almost a month ago...

Round 1 is a little over a week away and the latest "News" story is about the Endurance Championship in Feb..... Nothing on the new cars or who's driving them....

I can only presume that no one organising or competing in the NZV8's wants spectators to show up?
when the dark empire takes over.. will NZV8's be renamed aucklandV8's as those at the top of the dark empire seem reluctant to travel more than 2 hrs south of auckland and people claim these guys are the best thing that ever happened to NZ motorsport in years??? yeah right not sure what the last couple of years of bs was about.. if NZV8s ends up being a "time filler" on Saturday at a few selected upper north island tracks
Old 2 Jan 2013, 05:40 (Ref:3183720)   #1363
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
ps/
Old 2 Jan 2013, 06:30 (Ref:3183723)   #1364
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
when the dark empire takes over.. will NZV8's be renamed aucklandV8's as those at the top of the dark empire seem reluctant to travel more than 2 hrs south of auckland and people claim these guys are the best thing that ever happened to NZ motorsport in years??? yeah right not sure what the last couple of years of bs was about.. if NZV8s ends up being a "time filler" on Saturday at a few selected upper north island tracks
Off topic?

I found something today a little strange. On the NZV8 Facebook page, somebody commented on their New Years status asking about what driver line-up will be seen at round 1. The post was deleted minutes later, and then reposted by the page.

I suppose you could give them the benefit of the doubt and say there was a typo fixed. Seemed a bit off to me though.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 07:34 (Ref:3183735)   #1365
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I know the first Ruapuna round was 65 - 75% of that figure. 2nd round???

It woudn't suprise me at all if the opening figure of 100k was bandied around. Perhaps you could throw light on why Ruapuna isn't locked in for Rd2?
When a few of the South Island registers wanted to run a 1/2 day event there Ruapuna wanted $10K for the event
for just over 4 hours of tracktime.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 07:48 (Ref:3183737)   #1366
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The $12K is for a one day, not a two day meeting and applies only to HD.

Pukekohe WAS cheaper, but no doubt the V8SC upgrades will now push up the hire costs, as we are all going to be getting so much more from now on and the lost months of revenue have to be recouped somehow...

We have found over the years that advertising and promotion costs are often difficult to justify and there are several meetings that have lost huge amounts of money, so we don't now spend a penny on advertising or promotion. Limiting the expenses may well mean limiting profits, but as long as you get sufficient paying entrants, you can almost guarantee not making a loss which in my humble opinion is often more prudent - unless you are happy to make a loss or someone else is picking up the tab. A very good reason for smaller promoters needing good grids above anything else.

An earlier post summed it up. If you are not offering something out of the ordinary or newsworthy, then there is often nothing much to promote anyway. That is not a negative comment, it is a fact of life. Motorsport history is littered with big mouths who promised much and delivered little. It is also littered with smaller supply businesses who fell over because they hadn't been paid.

Last edited by socram; 2 Jan 2013 at 07:57.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 08:29 (Ref:3183744)   #1367
Old_Bob
Rookie

New Zealand
Southland - ex N.I.B
Old_Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

Come on Promax... That's not very fair?? Taupo is probably a good 2 1/2 hrs from Auckland is it not?

'The Dark Side'...? Surely your not naming the intelligent people that decided to set up a new v8 class in the middle of a 'world wide' recession while trying to destroy their sworn enemies & New Zealand Motorsport along with it, such horrible names?
Unfortunately the dark curtain that has fallen over the sport will end up affecting more than just the Southern Clubs...
Old 2 Jan 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3183758)   #1368
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Come on Promax... That's not very fair?? Taupo is probably a good 2 1/2 hrs from Auckland is it not?

'The Dark Side'...? Surely your not naming the intelligent people that decided to set up a new v8 class in the middle of a 'world wide' recession while trying to destroy their sworn enemies & New Zealand Motorsport along with it, such horrible names?
Unfortunately the dark curtain that has fallen over the sport will end up affecting more than just the Southern Clubs...
reckon this song will be used to promote the new saturday class?
Old 2 Jan 2013, 10:33 (Ref:3183772)   #1369
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You guys are really too funny - "dark side" and "dark curtain"

The reality is that what happened here is no different to the English Premier League breakaway, or the IRL, or the Superleague - when it became apparent that the "old guard" running those sports were out of touch with the commercial realities of the modern day, then the smart business people took it upon themselves to fix things. In every singe case the long term result was to the benefit of those sports, and the people participating in them.

Wake up people, it's 2013 not 1993! The post-revolution product will be much better when the dust finally settles and everyone is playing in the same sandpit again
Old 2 Jan 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3183928)   #1370
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
ask the southern fans if they like this "fix" i'm pretty sure Superleague wanted to spread the game of league not cut it backto a few select venues
Old 2 Jan 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3183935)   #1371
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Quote:
ask the southern fans if they like this "fix" i'm pretty sure Superleague wanted to spread the game of league not cut it backto a few select venues
You're trolling AND you're continuing to troll in the WRONG THREAD. Given what you've had to say over the last year about people posting in the wrong place I thought you might know better. Mother used to say ' Two wrongs don't make a right'

So 7 days out from competitors starting to roll into Invercargill there is a resounding silence as to who is racing what.

The schedule shows
Super Trucks
Sports GT an Production GT
TRS
FF
NZV8's

Is the 'GT' class the club cars/production car mix they ran last year?
Old 2 Jan 2013, 19:42 (Ref:3183938)   #1372
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
You guys are really too funny - "dark side" and "dark curtain"

The reality is that what happened here is no different to the English Premier League breakaway, or the IRL, or the Superleague - when it became apparent that the "old guard" running those sports were out of touch with the commercial realities of the modern day, then the smart business people took it upon themselves to fix things. In every singe case the long term result was to the benefit of those sports, and the people participating in them.

Wake up people, it's 2013 not 1993! The post-revolution product will be much better when the dust finally settles and everyone is playing in the same sandpit again
I gotta disagree on you saying that IRL was a benefit the audience has dropped hugely for this class both at the track and on TV.

On to the racing what sort of lap times do you see TLX doing and how close will the TL boys be?
Old 2 Jan 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3183955)   #1373
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Pretty sure you're wrong actually. Superleague wanted to raise the bar, which is why they cut it from 16 teams to just 10... And if certain south island tracks charged less they might find they got a round
Old 2 Jan 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3183993)   #1374
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Pretty sure you're wrong actually. Superleague wanted to raise the bar, which is why they cut it from 16 teams to just 10... And if certain south island tracks charged less they might find they got a round
gawd you talk some crap seriously! the superleague vision was a global game.. rather than being a big fish in a little pond :P certain south island tracks should look at other series if the auckland fish is too demanding
Old 3 Jan 2013, 05:48 (Ref:3184071)   #1375
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
gawd you talk some crap seriously! the superleague vision was a global game.. rather than being a big fish in a little pond :P certain south island tracks should look at other series if the auckland fish is too demanding
No I think you have the crap-talk all locked up now that Rev has gone. Global vision, yes, but not at the expense of quality. The ARL had 20 mixed quality teams but SL cut that to 10 with a view to making it 12. There has never been much connection between northern and southern hemisphere codes, the point was to increase the marketing presence of league and enable teams to operate with a higher revenue base thanks to broadcasting rights, etc.

Some of this is not immediately possible within the NZ market due to size but concepts are similar - get rid of the old guard and apply some modern thinking. Which is where you fall over, Julie.