Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Feb 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2826441)   #1376
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks terrific!
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:05 (Ref:2826458)   #1377
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Doesnt work for me at all . Any idea are they looking for a LM entry ?
Old 7 Feb 2011, 02:32 (Ref:2827026)   #1378
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Double post, pls delete.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 02:33 (Ref:2827027)   #1379
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First pic of MM GT3:
Old 7 Feb 2011, 03:33 (Ref:2827035)   #1380
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
That's a surprise- I was expecting an Aston factory driver to get the third seat...
Didn't Lucas race with them last year in the long events? Don't think of this as a factory effort, clearly Cytosport picks it's own drivers, not making way for a factory face.

dh
Old 7 Feb 2011, 05:06 (Ref:2827048)   #1381
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
First pic of MM GT3:
I wish they were running GTC and not IMSA GT3 Cup.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 05:13 (Ref:2827051)   #1382
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
The Lola-Aston Martin in Cytosport colors...
That is gorgeous! That muscle milk livery really lends itself well to the various cars they've raced.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2827147)   #1383
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Now , that looks good on the Porker .
Old 7 Feb 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2827218)   #1384
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
Didn't Lucas race with them last year in the long events? Don't think of this as a factory effort, clearly Cytosport picks it's own drivers, not making way for a factory face.

dh
Sascha Maassen was their third driver for the endurance races, but after Pickett was injured Luhr joined for Petit.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2827327)   #1385
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanza View Post
Sascha Maassen was their third driver for the endurance races, but after Pickett was injured Luhr joined for Petit.
Dumas also drove the car.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 17:22 (Ref:2827339)   #1386
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Dumas also drove the car.
As did Timo Bernhard. No factory drivers?!

Most Aston factory drivers seem to need to bring their own budget these days, to be quite honest. Still hopeful that we see Mucke/Enge/Turner out in P1s this year, but it doesn't seem like that will be the case at Sebring, does it?
Old 7 Feb 2011, 18:12 (Ref:2827357)   #1387
vancecooley
Rookie

United States
United States
vancecooley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Correct, to sum it all up things aren't looking good for both top prototype categories in 2011. The sad part is for the Long Beach round there's a large possibility that Lola will be the only chassis manufacture represented in P1/P2.
It's definitely a down year, but I don't want the plug pulled on Prototypes. I've always liked the prototypes and love watching them weave through the slower cars. I'm hoping that six to eight non LMPC prototypes per race. What are we looking at for LMPC this year?
Old 8 Feb 2011, 01:00 (Ref:2827528)   #1388
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
As did Timo Bernhard. No factory drivers?!
No Aston Drivers Besides, Timo and Saascha and Lucas almost seem more like Mercs than true factory shoes. They keep showing up in other company's cars. I don't recall the Wee Scot showing up to drive another brand lately.
dh
Old 8 Feb 2011, 01:55 (Ref:2827536)   #1389
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Still hopeful that we see Mucke/Enge/Turner out in P1s this year, but it doesn't seem like that will be the case at Sebring, does it?
If the car makes the start , I can see them in it .

Whats the word from DR about a Sebring start . Last I heard , he was saying that it was possible , at a push ..... but if it did happen , there would only be one car .
Old 8 Feb 2011, 02:18 (Ref:2827540)   #1390
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
sorry wrong quote.
Old 8 Feb 2011, 02:24 (Ref:2827541)   #1391
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
No Aston Drivers Besides, Timo and Saascha and Lucas almost seem more like Mercs than true factory shoes. They keep showing up in other company's cars. I don't recall the Wee Scot showing up to drive another brand lately.
dh
.....do mean like Audi? Same parent company.
Old 8 Feb 2011, 02:26 (Ref:2827542)   #1392
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
why are there so few ALMS non ILMC race entries? Is there a plan to return manufacturer intrest in ALMS or what?
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 8 Feb 2011, 02:37 (Ref:2827543)   #1393
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
dh
Sascha is no longer a Porsche driver if I remember correctly. I know Lucas was connected to Audi last year, but I'm not sure if that is still the case. I believe he is driving for Manthey in VLN this year instead of Abt. Pirro was allowed to drive a Drayson P1 while still being an Audi emissary, but obviously that is a little different from a highly active driver.

Audi have typically let their drivers show up in non-competing events like the Rolex. Lucas drove for Level 5 last year, and Allan McNish drove a Crawfod a couple of times some years back if memory serves, but I cannot remember if that was during his Audi sabattical.

Romain and Timo are obviously separate cases, since they're swapping between brands under a common ownership umbrella.
Old 8 Feb 2011, 08:29 (Ref:2827600)   #1394
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking at the Muscle Milk Lola AMR, you can see Lucas being listed as one of the drivers.
So he is apparently free to drive what he wants.
Old 8 Feb 2011, 12:52 (Ref:2827734)   #1395
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
why are there so few ALMS non ILMC race entries? Is there a plan to return manufacturer intrest in ALMS or what?
ILMC pretty much eliminated the need for manufacturers in the P categories to enter the ALMS, not that the ALMS didn't have some issues already. It would appear as though reliance on the Challenge classes is the future for now.
Old 8 Feb 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2827755)   #1396
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I still hope that there is a GT-only plan stacked away in some drawer in Braselburg... at least for next year.
Old 8 Feb 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2827756)   #1397
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
ILMC pretty much eliminated the need for manufacturers in the P categories to enter the ALMS, not that the ALMS didn't have some issues already. It would appear as though reliance on the Challenge classes is the future for now.
If that is so they should have added at Least Laguna Seca to the ILMC calendar, I mean 3 out of 5 races of the LMS calendar have been chosen and the LMS is much less interesting, less watched, then ALMS races! it seems the aco is trying to ruin the ALMS, I hope they figure something out and survieve the hardships of the comming season
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 8 Feb 2011, 13:17 (Ref:2827760)   #1398
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
If that is so they should have added at Least Laguna Seca to the ILMC calendar, I mean 3 out of 5 races of the LMS calendar have been chosen and the LMS is much less interesting, less watched, then ALMS races! it seems the aco is trying to ruin the ALMS, I hope they figure something out and survieve the hardships of the comming season
It could also have to do with travel. It's a lot harder to get cars from Europe to California than it is to get them from Europe to Florida or Atlanta.
Old 8 Feb 2011, 17:49 (Ref:2827905)   #1399
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see no reason why the privateer field in the ALMS would not follow what is happening in the LMS.

Regulation anomalies and circumstances may dictate ALMS teams are a season or two behind their European equivalents but it isn't going to be lost on them or their sponsors Cytosport will dominate media and fan interest or the folly of anyone but a team of ESM's funding to attempt to take on Corvette.

This has been debated how many times this winter and we are still a month away from Sebring, the only certainty is things will be much clearer come the latter half of 2011. As of now most teams seem to be in a holding pattern from 2010 and haven't given any indication what their longer term plans are, the only indicator is what European teams chose when faced with similar cost, class, car options.

Factory participation in the ALMS is another question entirely, you can only look at how the series has faired since the economy crashed and ask whether manufacturers view the ALMS differently if they compete in LMP or GT as both classes are part of the ILMC.

Last edited by JAG; 8 Feb 2011 at 17:58.
Old 8 Feb 2011, 18:15 (Ref:2827918)   #1400
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
It could also have to do with travel. It's a lot harder to get cars from Europe to California than it is to get them from Europe to Florida or Atlanta.
Not if ya put them on the correct flight it aint !!!