Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 17 Jun 2003, 20:28 (Ref:634841)   #1376
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race for the three of us, I made one mistake only and that allowed Spud and pirenzo to get right up close and we had a good scrap for a few laps. Won it in the end though.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 20:30 (Ref:634845)   #1377
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, you all missed one hell of a scrap!

What i need to improve on for next season, is not to ******** things up 4 times in one lap though! But for that, i could, maybe have won that. But then so could Spud, but at the end of the day, those were outside chances, i didn't even get within 1 second of D's fastest lap
Old 17 Jun 2003, 20:35 (Ref:634857)   #1378
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
The trick, p, is to drive well within your limits. Brake slightly earlier, accelerate slightly later etc etc. That way you'll only run about 1/2 secs slower than in qualifying but at least you won't crash!
Old 17 Jun 2003, 20:38 (Ref:634862)   #1379
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was! it was a momentary lapse of concentration, i just heaved a bit too hard on the brakes, locked up, and went flying. Then i got caught out by having a heavy fuel load and cold tires again, then i blew the engine Then i clipped my wheels on those bails at Paradis, through sheer annoyance. Then i blew anther engine and that was that.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 20:39 (Ref:634863)   #1380
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I also got too used to following you, i nearly hit you a couple of times!
Old 17 Jun 2003, 20:43 (Ref:634867)   #1381
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I noticed ! It might help that I'm used to doing hour long stints in Karts, I don't know?
Old 17 Jun 2003, 20:56 (Ref:634878)   #1382
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Actually, looking at it, i didn't really get that close, but it was enough to worry me. I made an effort to make myself visible in your mirrors too, and from the replay, it looks as though it worked!
Old 17 Jun 2003, 21:02 (Ref:634886)   #1383
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, at any rate, you were just sailing, i was just a bit erratic, and well spud, he was too busy trying to get an entry into the Great Britain Olympics Gymnastics Team
Old 17 Jun 2003, 21:32 (Ref:634925)   #1384
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
blimey!

where did you get the replay from btw?

Last edited by Damon; 17 Jun 2003 at 21:33.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 22:08 (Ref:634960)   #1385
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I saved it before we left the track.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 19:03 (Ref:635849)   #1386
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Right, so that's that then.

To be honest, I'm pleased to see the back of that season. Far too many problems towards the end. If we're gonna do it again, we need to sort things like connections and the like first.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 19:18 (Ref:635867)   #1387
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I wish my connection was better I really do, hopefully I'll be able to figger out what's wrong with it and get it sorted by our next attempt.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 19:38 (Ref:635898)   #1388
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Right, so that's that then.

To be honest, I'm pleased to see the back of that season. Far too many problems towards the end. If we're gonna do it again, we need to sort things like connections and the like first.
Well, we have all summer to think about it. Assuming we go again in September, as we briefly dicussed a few weeks ago.

I have to say, that the Rouen race was a highly entertaining one, one that i'm sorry you missed, because it would have almost certainly been a 4 way scrap and not a 3 way one
Old 18 Jun 2003, 20:16 (Ref:635933)   #1389
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry to say I am still too lazy to buy a new wheel,
Old 18 Jun 2003, 20:45 (Ref:635968)   #1390
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
'twas good pirenzo, I'm hoping Spud'll update the website soon so that I can get the replay.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 20:50 (Ref:635971)   #1391
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I'm happy to look forward to the next one. Well done to Damon, but a very disappointing end for me.....
Old 18 Jun 2003, 20:51 (Ref:635975)   #1392
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well that's season 1 over - it's been fun, but IMO it just seemed to fizzal out and to be honest I got borad, roll on Season 2, if there is a season 2 of course........
Old 18 Jun 2003, 21:34 (Ref:636015)   #1393
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Well, I'm happy to look forward to the next one. Well done to Damon, but a very disappointing end for me.....

Rob: We need to sort out the calender, or rather, what cars to be used where. I think we must agree not to use the same car twice in a row, nor must we have too many strenuous races in a row (ie Zandvoort, Rouen, Mexico all in a row)

I think we will all agree that Mosport was the hardest

I suggest an order similar to this

Mosport (hard track)
Monza (easy track)
Nurburgring (hard track)
Kyalami (easy track)
Mexico (hard track)
WatGlen (easy track)
Old 18 Jun 2003, 21:39 (Ref:636024)   #1394
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Bugger, never got round to what i meant to say in connection with Ayse's post.

Right so, Ayse, i don't see how a win at Zandvoort and Monaco (and Mexico?) can be called dissapointing. If you refer to missing yesterday's race, may i point out that we could just have easily waited a few days for it, and it was you who insisted it be run last nite...
Old 18 Jun 2003, 22:04 (Ref:636046)   #1395
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Don't have a go at him pirenzo, he had a tough weekend and I'm sure Mrs wanted to see him. In the end it worked out fairly as we both completed the minimum races required (7) to count for the championship so it was technically based on our best results anyway.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 22:22 (Ref:636060)   #1396
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Sorry, didn't mean it to come across that way. I was trying to point out that it wasn't all so bad.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 07:14 (Ref:636294)   #1397
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sorry to sound as though I have a lot ofsour grapes. I certainly accept that I pushed for the race on Tuesday night. I really should have realised that racing on that night wold have been a no-no. Whatever, it doesn't really matter. I actually won three races, the first round at Monza as well. As far as my best races are concerned, I actually got more satisfaction from Kyalami (where I was second, and who knows what might have happened there.....) and Silverstone, which I would have won comfortably had my gremlins not intervened. The worst was Spa. After having accelerator problems in practice, I thought I'd recalibrated for the race, but I only recalibrated the pedals and not the wheel. I was sooo looking forward to that race, but it turned out a disaster. Still, all good learning experience.

BTW, I don't think Kyalami is an easy circuit. Its not that difficult to drive reasonably quickly, but to drive it fast - around the benchmark and below - isn't easy at all.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 07:18 (Ref:636298)   #1398
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I'm not saying by any means any of the GPL tracks are easy, it's just easier
Old 21 Jun 2003, 11:27 (Ref:638346)   #1399
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
My brother has tried to edit something in Windows (having me told him not to do it, so he just did it while i was asleep), and busted it so it won't do the correct login procedure, and it won't shutdown or restart. Plus it won't do a system restore for the same reason (needs to restart)
So, i'm putting everything on disk, and hoping that reinstalling windows will do the trick
Old 23 Jun 2003, 12:28 (Ref:640083)   #1400
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm now thinking of plans for that "Non-Championship" TTFL race at the Nurburgring. Anyone got any ideas about when to do it?