Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 22 Oct 2009, 18:31 (Ref:2567338)   #1401
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I agree it's not a forgone conclusion but I see Bernie as being 'co-opertaive' with Silverstone.
Especially as we have yet another world champion!
Old 22 Oct 2009, 18:31 (Ref:2567339)   #1402
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmmm I'm not sure how patriotic and nostalgic BCE is likely to be. There was a suggestion that there is a requirement to hold a BGP under presumably the Concorde agreement or similar.

Presumably if Donington can't get it together and Silverstone won't accept the deal offered BCE will shrug his shoulders say how awful it is and walk away claiming it's not his fault...
Old 22 Oct 2009, 18:32 (Ref:2567340)   #1403
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I agree it's not a forgone conclusion but I see Bernie as being 'co-opertaive' with Silverstone. The British GP has been around since F1s inception and was the first F1 GP to be held, back in 1950. I don't think he really wants to lose the British GP or the revenue he can get from it, if he did it could be undermining for him and he wouldn't take that risk.
Bernie mentioned something about giving Silverstone the same deal that Donington had......
Old 22 Oct 2009, 18:35 (Ref:2567344)   #1404
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
Hmmm I'm not sure how patriotic and nostalgic BCE is likely to be. There was a suggestion that there is a requirement to hold a BGP under presumably the Concorde agreement or similar.

Presumably if Donington can't get it together and Silverstone won't accept the deal offered BCE will shrug his shoulders say how awful it is and walk away claiming it's not his fault...
There is that and he's good at spinning his way out but with all the problems earlier this year over F1 costs I think he would like to have F1 present a united front.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2567347)   #1405
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Bernie mentioned something about giving Silverstone the same deal that Donington had......
As long as they can prove they'll get the job done

But I can't see there not being a British GP next year. I don't think Bernie is that stupid. If there is no BGP, FOTA will be up in arms. They'd run a non-championship BGP if they had to

Silverstone will host the race next year and perhaps for a few years more - the BRDC and Bernie will come to some sort of deal. All the politicking lately between Damon and Bernie has just been bartering, I think - going back to a few races ago, Bernie openly said that if the race wasn't at Donington, it would be at Silverstone, and I don't think he'd go back on that. As I said, he is not that stupid or greedy
Old 22 Oct 2009, 18:42 (Ref:2567351)   #1406
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
The Beeb have now got a full report (not much better though).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8300268.stm
Old 22 Oct 2009, 18:52 (Ref:2567353)   #1407
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Only two weeks or so ago, I would have said if this Donington development happens I'll show my arse in Woollies window.

However, now .... I guess it'll have to be Pound Stretcher.
I'm saying nothing now. I don't need to, I said it in January.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2567358)   #1408
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
The citizens of Wilmslow can breathe a sigh of relief.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2567360)   #1409
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If only they knew...
Old 22 Oct 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2567366)   #1410
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
If only they knew...
Word will have got out,and from then on Gillett's project was always likely to fail.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2567370)   #1411
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My worry is, what happens to Donington now!
Old 22 Oct 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2567371)   #1412
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
My worry is, what happens to Donington now!
Rumour has it that the next scheduled event is a Rally-Cross meeting.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2567380)   #1413
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or super motard with all the dirt about !!
Old 22 Oct 2009, 19:25 (Ref:2567384)   #1414
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Autosport:

"The track's parent company Donington Holdings Plc launched the bond on October 14, but the BBC said that it had been pulled because there had not been enough interest in it."

"not been enough interest"-who'd have thought.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2567390)   #1415
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R.I.P Donington!

I presume this was a pre-meditated plan to close the venue and build houses, it was obvious all along!
Old 22 Oct 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2567400)   #1416
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 455 View Post
R.I.P Donington!

I presume this was a pre-meditated plan to close the venue and build houses, it was obvious all along!
So that was Bernie's plan all along. Get someone else to get rid of Donnington so he can now get out of F1 and go into property development, just as the economic climate starts to pick up and housing prices rise. I'm kidding.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2567404)   #1417
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Donnington probably doesn't look much worse now than before when the construction work started.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2567406)   #1418
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They've dug up part of the circuit and all the infield. It'll need some serious work doing to it to get it back up to standard
Old 22 Oct 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2567426)   #1419
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
The citizens of Wilmslow can breathe a sigh of relief.
A Pound Stretcher ... in Wilmslow ... with its reputation ...
Old 22 Oct 2009, 21:18 (Ref:2567470)   #1420
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My concern as a racer is that I understand major wroks are going to take place at Silverstone and the International circuit will be unavailable. Together with no Donington and less events at Croft, there could be less meetings nationally and the clubby events will lose out.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 21:44 (Ref:2567492)   #1421
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
My concern as a racer is that I understand major wroks are going to take place at Silverstone and the International circuit will be unavailable. Together with no Donington and less events at Croft, there could be less meetings nationally and the clubby events will lose out.
It looks like Donington will be 100% out of action, Croft is heavily restricted also, but nothing at Silverstone will change,there is no restriction on dates or avaliabilty, only a slight question mark over layouts, the national track remains, there is the old G.P track and the new moto GP track, there is still no official confirmation there will not be a international track, so it may improve!
Old 22 Oct 2009, 23:07 (Ref:2567525)   #1422
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
A shame if they lose the international layout, really like that track.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2567529)   #1423
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
A shame if they lose the international layout, really like that track.
True and a shame it had to happen at all, considering how many people said it was infeasible from the outset.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2567536)   #1424
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like the Sword of Damocles has finally fallen on Gillett and his fantasies. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8300268.stm
Old 23 Oct 2009, 01:13 (Ref:2567564)   #1425
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Again?

Finally, finally over.