Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Nov 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2588023)   #1401
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, it does seem the 02 is being abandoned, and the 01(c) will be the future for at least the short term. I wonder if we will see the zero keel on an 01 in the near future or any other tricks from the 02?

L.P.
Old 23 Nov 2009, 22:04 (Ref:2588083)   #1402
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Yes, it does seem the 02 is being abandoned, and the 01(c) will be the future for at least the short term. I wonder if we will see the zero keel on an 01 in the near future or any other tricks from the 02?
L.P.
Would be a smart idea for Acura (HPD) to integrate some of the good things from the 02, to the "old" 01, like the Swan necks!?
Old 23 Nov 2009, 22:05 (Ref:2588085)   #1403
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We've already seen swan necks on the 01, at the Misano Michelin test.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2588358)   #1404
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post

L.P.
Would require a complete redesign of the monocoque, and for now we don't see Honda putting in any serious money into this. I'm sure the cost of development of the -01c updates will come out of Highcroft's pocket. I would suspect that to be a mild update dependent on the depth of the coffers of the Acura LMP2 privateers.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 14:21 (Ref:2588430)   #1405
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Would require a complete redesign of the monocoque, and for now we don't see Honda putting in any serious money into this. I'm sure the cost of development of the -01c updates will come out of Highcroft's pocket. I would suspect that to be a mild update dependent on the depth of the coffers of the Acura LMP2 privateers.
What about the engine? How different will that be from the current 3.4L? I wonder if Honda will make any changes thoughout the season to the motor, or is it just handing it over to Highcroft to run?
Old 24 Nov 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2588490)   #1406
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
What about the engine? How different will that be from the current 3.4L? I wonder if Honda will make any changes thoughout the season to the motor, or is it just handing it over to Highcroft to run?
Probably just a development of the same engine.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 16:29 (Ref:2588494)   #1407
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Patrón Highcroft Racing will be the exclusively designated test team for HPD. It is charged with evaluation of the new ARX-01c platform and the testing of a new HPD engine under consideration for the 2011 season.
http://www.flagworld.com/news/?p=28331#more-28331
New engine for 2011!.
Sounds like Acura/Honda is up to new action!?
Old 24 Nov 2009, 16:33 (Ref:2588495)   #1408
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
The Straka deal is for an ex Fernandez car, the drivers would be Watts and Leventis.

Pirro may have a role as either coach or 3rd driver.
Piccini was testing the car last week ..... I reckon they will have 3 drivers as last year .
Old 24 Nov 2009, 22:13 (Ref:2588686)   #1409
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Piccini was testing the car last week ..... I reckon they will have 3 drivers as last year .
Except the bit of last year where they had 2 drivers because the 3rd was trying to divest his stake as team owner.

Whether Piccini comes on board will be interesting to see. I do not think he brings budget though, does he? If he doesn't, why not stick with Watts...he can get the job done when Leventis is not in the car just as ably as Piccini. If a 3rd driver is added, I would expect them to bring money.

How did Pirro's name get involved with Strakka?
Old 25 Nov 2009, 00:04 (Ref:2588739)   #1410
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isnt it strange that they opted for the Courage designed car instead of the Wirth designed one? Is this a matter of the 2010 rules favoring LMP2s or is it a matter of economics? Or perhaps both?
Old 25 Nov 2009, 01:46 (Ref:2588758)   #1411
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim Sjøholm View Post
Isnt it strange that they opted for the Courage designed car instead of the Wirth designed one? Is this a matter of the 2010 rules favoring LMP2s or is it a matter of economics? Or perhaps both?
You answered your own question; it would seem to be a matter of the 2010 equivalency rules giving the well developed P2s a really good chance.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 04:52 (Ref:2588813)   #1412
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was also under the impression that while the 01b was hardly a clean-sheet design, it did have a much greater amount of bespoke kit on it than the 01a, which was essentially a LC75 with new bodywork and suspension. All these things, and maybe some other speculation besides, tends to favour the 01b as a starting point for the 2010 car.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2588900)   #1413
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim Sjøholm View Post
The ARX-01b(c) is probably cheaper to run, where the ARX-02a needs some kind of factory support to run (more expensive parts?). Besides, the ARX-02a proved very difficult to drive fast, and was pretty tough on the drivers, so i guess that they choose the ARX-01b(c) because of it's easier handling, and simply that they don't need a so complex and expensive as the ARX-02a, to be competitive (who else is going to run, who are a threat?)
Old 25 Nov 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2588982)   #1414
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I think people are over complicating things.

The ARX-02a is a dead end car. The rules it runs under have one year left. Personally I think the ARX-01b comes closer to finding maximum speed out of the class rules, but even if you assume they are equal, it makes far more sense to work on the basic platform that will continue beyond 2010. (Assumption - neutral choice due to P1 and P2 being equalized) The ARX-01b (c) becomes the "placeholder" should HPD/Acura choose to get back in in 2011, and allows continued development.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2590433)   #1415
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
While PHR will be back with Acura, the complexion of Acura’s involvement in the sport appears to be changing, as two different sources have confirmed that Highcroft’s entry next season will see a shift in branding and marketing focus by the Japanese manufacturer.

I’m told we won’t see the name ‘Acura’ on the only ARX-01c expected in the ALMS for 2010. Graphics promoting American Honda’s Honda Performance Development (HPD) firm will be reportedly be the featured brand on display.

The shift from promoting Acura to HPD makes sense as witnessed by the company’s expansion into the grassroots marketplace in 2009. Just as so many other manufacturer-owned racing divisions have done (Toyota Research and Development, Cosworth, Ilmor, etc), HPD is being asked to develop new business opportunities within the racing community in an effort to generate a profit.
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...evolution//P1/
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...evolution//P2/
Old 27 Nov 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2590475)   #1416
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very interesting article. Reading Duncan Dayton's comments regarding his absence from the driver's seat in 2010, I wonder if he'll feel moved to change his mind should the ACO adopt the Le Mans Series P2 compulsary gentleman driver rule for Le Mans?
Old 28 Nov 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2590619)   #1417
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And then there's economics-Dayton could buy a new tub for the ARX-01 from Oreca(since they own Courage, and the tub for the ARX-01 is LC70/75/FLM 09 derived). Wurth built the tubs for the ARX-02, and with only two usable tubs(and one either written off or held for repairs) and a general shortage/backorder of spare parts, the ARX-01 also makes since from a logisitcs stand point.
Old 13 Dec 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2598952)   #1418
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On tomorrow monday 14th december, Patron Highcroft and driver Simon Pagenaud will communicate their plans for 2010...wonder if that has a link and if they both will work with the Acura in ALMS and Le Mans
Old 14 Dec 2009, 13:41 (Ref:2599440)   #1419
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About 20 minutes before Patron Highcroft and Pagenaud have an announcement for 2010
Old 14 Dec 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2599447)   #1420
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting a bit cocky are they? On the right side of their twitter page, Patron Highcroft Racing is listed as the 2010 ALMS LMP1 Champions :P
Old 14 Dec 2009, 14:11 (Ref:2599454)   #1421
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Getting a bit cocky are they? On the right side of their twitter page, Patron Highcroft Racing is listed as the 2010 ALMS LMP1 Champions :P
Well who are going to challenge them?
Old 14 Dec 2009, 14:37 (Ref:2599462)   #1422
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ocus-3098.html
Old 14 Dec 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2599465)   #1423
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Brabham and Paganau is gone for Peugeot then!
Old 14 Dec 2009, 14:55 (Ref:2599471)   #1424
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Brabham and Paganau is gone for Peugeot then!
They could be back for Le Mans though...
Old 14 Dec 2009, 15:13 (Ref:2599479)   #1425
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
They could be back for Le Mans though...
Not if Acura/Honda is planning racing the ARX-01c at Le Mans.