Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Aug 2021, 06:26 (Ref:4065563)   #1426
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i am certainly doing things differently, no tunnel and luxury barge traavel down this year, going by ferry (newhaven dieppe) and vintage vw van (top speed sbout 50mph). leaving uk very late tuesday, back early ferry monday morning. Very diffent for certain.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 06:36 (Ref:4065564)   #1427
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Which lucky Tenther is going to be first across the channel (or other international border) next week?

Normally folk travel for the practice and scrutineering, but that's off the cards this year.

Is it last minute trips all round?
Overnight Wednesday 11th for us

Was originally planned around being their for scrutineering and test day, both sadly off limits though.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4065587)   #1428
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't forget your umbrella and sweaters
Old 6 Aug 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4065589)   #1429
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Got the tunnel booked for early Wednesday after various ferry crossings fell by the wayside. 9am campsite entry was a bit of an annoying addition this year. I guess we'll arrive some time during opening practice but make sure we're all set up for Qualy 1.

I still won't believe it until we're trackside though to be honest.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4065592)   #1430
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you’re mostly earlier than me which is keen!
Old 6 Aug 2021, 10:48 (Ref:4065594)   #1431
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
Don't forget your umbrella and sweaters
but also your shorts and sun lotion. ahhh, it’s just like being at home
Old 6 Aug 2021, 10:56 (Ref:4065596)   #1432
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One of my colleagues lives near Rennes and she tells me it bloomin' freezing over there at the moment. She's an environmentalist so I blame her for inventing climate change.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 13:11 (Ref:4065608)   #1433
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Overnight Wednesday 11th for us

Was originally planned around being their for scrutineering and test day, both sadly off limits though.
Will be hard on your heels, early morning ferry on the Thursday(12th)...also booked to incorporate scrutineering and test day.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 14:34 (Ref:4065631)   #1434
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Will be hard on your heels, early morning ferry on the Thursday(12th)...also booked to incorporate scrutineering and test day.
We'll be having a drive out on test day, I'm sure we'll be able to get somewhere at least within earshot for a little picnic!
Old 6 Aug 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4065639)   #1435
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Our whole group has decided not to go - both for the hassle of it and the social responsibility. We are planning a UK road trip in October time but other than that LM will have to wait until 2022
Old 6 Aug 2021, 19:14 (Ref:4065654)   #1436
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure the situation will be better in 2022...
Jean-François Delfraissy, doctor of french scientific council, said "no return to normal before 2022 or even 2023"...
Maybe it's a good thing to enjoy at LM in 15 days, while the situation is generally under control. After...
Old 6 Aug 2021, 19:48 (Ref:4065657)   #1437
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
Not sure the situation will be better in 2022...
Jean-François Delfraissy, doctor of french scientific council, said "no return to normal before 2022 or even 2023"...
Maybe it's a good thing to enjoy at LM in 15 days, while the situation is generally under control. After...
Don't say that! We said it last year about this year! Dr Jalfrezi should stick to curry recipes.......
Old 6 Aug 2021, 19:51 (Ref:4065658)   #1438
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
There is still time for you to change your mind Andrew, this time in 2 weeks you could be there
Old 6 Aug 2021, 20:13 (Ref:4065665)   #1439
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Dr Jalfrezi should stick to curry recipes.......
Old 7 Aug 2021, 05:46 (Ref:4065707)   #1440
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
We'll be having a drive out on test day, I'm sure we'll be able to get somewhere at least within earshot for a little picnic!
Due to scrutineering now being behind closed doors, spending first couple of days around Calvados to take in some museums and memorials (and presumably a beach or two), then heading to Le Mans on Saturday afternoon/evening. And yes, 'plans' are in place for Test Day.

Worth heading to the old town for an after dark stroll one evening, because race week coincides with the annual summer artistic illuminations La Nuit des chimeres this year, which uses various old town locations as a backdrop, including the cathedral.
Old 7 Aug 2021, 07:44 (Ref:4065709)   #1441
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
If you want to pass the time around the circuit, waiting for the opening

https://www.sarthe-tourism.co.uk

https://www.lemans-tourisme.com/en/

Overall, there is an exhibition about Toyota (with GT-One) at Musée des 24 Heures, nearly the main gate of circuit
Old 7 Aug 2021, 19:39 (Ref:4065754)   #1442
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be arriving on saturday before testday. First have a few days of holiday close to Le Mans and hope to find a way in for testday. Moving on wednesday to Houx Annexe, hoping to be the first in as track action already has started before the camping will open.
Old 9 Aug 2021, 17:46 (Ref:4066031)   #1443
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone from the US attending? How do you proceed to make your vaccination proof of the US work in France?
Old 9 Aug 2021, 17:51 (Ref:4066032)   #1444
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Anyone from the US attending?
See post # 1402
Old 9 Aug 2021, 18:28 (Ref:4066039)   #1445
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was hoping for it to be easier, afterall NHS vaccination proof had also been accepted in the TAC app recently.
(asking for a friend)
Old 9 Aug 2021, 18:40 (Ref:4066042)   #1446
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i think the problem with the certificate from the us is that it's very easy to forge. the entire system is only as strong as its weakest link, which in this case would be the us vaccination cards. the nhs system is obviously as secure as any of the eu vaccination passports, so it's not so much of an issue to bring it into the system via the TAC pass sanitaire.
Old 9 Aug 2021, 19:15 (Ref:4066057)   #1447
sunny_hi
Rookie

United States
sunny_hi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Anyone from the US attending? How do you proceed to make your vaccination proof of the US work in France?
Right here. Posted something earlier and it didn't show.

bookmark this page: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/co...als-in-france/

FR updated something today via a tweet by the tourism minister for non-EU to convert via email. But I think they are still finalizing some bits.

Other folks have tried getting it converted at local vaccination sites or pharmacies in FR. Hit and miss. Ask your hotel for information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
See post # 1402
Thanks Gerard!
Old 9 Aug 2021, 21:11 (Ref:4066072)   #1448
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_hi View Post
Right here. Posted something earlier and it didn't show.

bookmark this page: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/co...als-in-france/

FR updated something today via a tweet by the tourism minister for non-EU to convert via email. But I think they are still finalizing some bits.

Other folks have tried getting it converted at local vaccination sites or pharmacies in FR. Hit and miss. Ask your hotel for information.

Thanks Gerard!
Thank you, please keep me informed should you find more usefull info, getting a pcr every few days is not what visiting France should be about.
Old 10 Aug 2021, 12:33 (Ref:4066140)   #1449
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Do you need the TousAntiCovid app? Or will my Belgian CovidSafe one with QR certificate code be enough? I don't like to be tracked (I have enough apps that do that already )
Old 10 Aug 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4066149)   #1450
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Do you need the TousAntiCovid app? Or will my Belgian CovidSafe one with QR certificate code be enough? I don't like to be tracked (I have enough apps that do that already )
This is what the info email says:

Quote:
SPECTATORS FROM EUROPEAN COUNTRIES
Check that your country has introduced the European Health Pass.
Scan your QR Code sent by SI-DEP using the TousAntiCovid app
(3 possibilities):

1. Negative PCR or antigen test result within the previous 48 hours*
OR
2. Proof of vaccination completed more than 7 days earlier*
OR
3. Positive PCR test result, more than 11 days and no more than 6 months earlier*
If not, you must have a PCR or antigen test, in France, less than 48 hours before coming to the circuit.
It’s not entirely clear that the TAC app is mandatory, but it seems to me that you’d be making things needlessly difficult by not using TAC if you can.

I don’t like being tracked either, but Covid passes are here to stay whether we like it or not so I am resigned to the extra hassle and intrusion as the price to be paid for travelling to events.