Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Jun 2003, 05:27 (Ref:644332)   #1426
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I dont recall the exact time of teh record, but Brad Jones did a 2:09.5705 last year at Bathurst in the race as fastest lap...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Jun 2003, 05:39 (Ref:644340)   #1427
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank goodness for Google...

The former lap record holder at Mt Panorama Bathurst in the previous (pre-Caltex Chase) configuration was Niel Allen McLaren M10B F5000 2m09.7s (30/03/70)

Thanks to http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...222681204.html
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Jun 2003, 06:17 (Ref:644361)   #1428
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The lap record the Miel Allen holds can not be beaten as the circuit has changed.
Once you change the layout the lap records are reset.
It would be like saying that the lap record at Oran Pk was set on the short track and not the GP Track.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 06:32 (Ref:644368)   #1429
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Either way, Brad Jones beat the required time, and remains the outright lap record holder until an F3 car blows it away
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Jun 2003, 07:43 (Ref:644432)   #1430
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
13 years before i was born, but i can still say Neil Allen set the lap record on my birthday

F3 car will easily break the record, i'd reckon it could do a sub-2 minute lap. An unrestricted Nations Cup Monaro could go quicker than a touring car as well i'd say.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 08:06 (Ref:644455)   #1431
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
An unrestricted Monaro using works Michelins would likely run sub 2-minute times as well... there was a lot left in that car last year at the 24hr, that wasnt allowed to be shown to 'ensure reliability'
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Jun 2003, 22:03 (Ref:645120)   #1432
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How would the straight line speed of a V8 and an F3 compare at the end of conrod? I know for a fact that at the end of the straight at QR, the V8s have a win, but lose all of the speed in the corners... How important are the straights at Bathurst?
Old 28 Jun 2003, 00:17 (Ref:645188)   #1433
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if the ratios were free in the tourers you may see a bit more speed.NASCARS were over 300kmh and lifting off the ground at the hump with the extra power,revs and gearing. But an F3 surely be faster if geared right and could still be accelerating past the kink.They would be a Sh1tlo@d faster around a lap,what a great event that would be.

Last edited by Onlooker; 28 Jun 2003 at 00:19.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 28 Jun 2003, 00:26 (Ref:645194)   #1434
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The speed up Mountain Straight and down Conrod basically sets up the whole lap, the problem for the F3's would be the pull up thru the Cutting... the rest isnt a problem....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Jun 2003, 00:53 (Ref:645199)   #1435
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can change the ratios in the box in those things can't you???The NASCAR's were in 1st and 2nd for most of the run across the top and then just took off down the straights.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 28 Jun 2003, 01:21 (Ref:645205)   #1436
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Of course you can... if the teams got any spare ratios from the teams they secured the cars from....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Jun 2003, 04:58 (Ref:645268)   #1437
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And as long as you get the ratios in the right spot in the box. (Pter Hacket at Wakefeild Park)

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 28 Jun 2003, 10:20 (Ref:645355)   #1438
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's some facts to chew on with regards to top speeds. These are recorded at the start-finish line at QR, so it isn't exactly terminal speed, but judging by what radar guns say when pointed at the end of the straight, they are a good indication-

FXtreme- 236
Sports Sedan- 226
V8 Supercar- 217
Formula 3- 193
Formula Ford- 175
Formula Vee- 137

Is it fair to say that the F3 would get whopped down the chutes at Bathurst? Question is, how much faster would they be over the top of the mountain...
Old 3 Jul 2003, 12:46 (Ref:650835)   #1439
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Round 1 this weekend, what is the latest?
Old 3 Jul 2003, 21:50 (Ref:651355)   #1440
White Knight

All the other categories look great, STM looks like a waste of time and space.

Old 3 Jul 2003, 22:52 (Ref:651426)   #1441
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
RaceTime is timing the ASTEM event... from the look of his site last night, two SuperTourers ventured out yesterday, Alan Gurr and Luke Searle, in the 2 Searle BMW's.....

Alan got the black car down to a 1:02 which compares reasonably well to John Bowe's 0:59 race lap there....

Why am I comparing these times you say, well the car Gurr is running is running in the 24 hr later in the year (after it gets its birthday) with Alex Yoong behind the wheel.

Bowe's Ferrari looks a likely starter as well, so its always interesting to compare times....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 3 Jul 2003, 22:59 (Ref:651436)   #1442
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crickey, RT must have had an action packed day watching those two circulate!
Old 3 Jul 2003, 23:34 (Ref:651470)   #1443
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hendersson will push Gurr this weekend, it should be a good race. I was planning to head up to Wakefield on Sunday, anyone else going to Wakefield.
Old 4 Jul 2003, 00:34 (Ref:651530)   #1444
White Knight

Quote:
Hendersson will push Gurr this weekend, it should be a good race. I was planning to head up to Wakefield on Sunday, anyone else going to Wakefield.
How can any normal person be so optimistic about such a lame category?

Now the others running should be pretty good.

Old 4 Jul 2003, 01:13 (Ref:651554)   #1445
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey WK its motorsport and congrats to the guys out there having a go.
The ST are still a great catergory it is such a shame that OZ didn't give it a chance.
Old 4 Jul 2003, 01:37 (Ref:651569)   #1446
White Knight

Two cars aint motorsport.

Old 4 Jul 2003, 03:10 (Ref:651605)   #1447
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
Crickey, RT must have had an action packed day watching those two circulate!
<Yawn> Did someone say something <g>

Yesterday was just a test day for Alan Gurr - he actually was driving both cars. This morning will be more representative.

As I understand it the #3 car (it only went out in the afternoon) had an engine mapping problem and that restricted its speed.

Most of the cars here have been out this morning (officially its a private practice day only so not all cars have transmitter fitted).

As to having an action packed day - I have been here a week now - spent Mon, Tues and Wed installing some new time lines in pit lane and then testing them yesterday - apart from the rain each night - and fog this morning until 10:30 am - it's been bloody cold! Oh well - only another 10 days to go here....

Last edited by RaceTime; 4 Jul 2003 at 03:11.
Old 4 Jul 2003, 03:34 (Ref:651619)   #1448
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The #3 car has a MoTeC installed, which does not seem to be tuned to the engine properly. Not sure where the OE Bosch Motronic system was flung to.

The new race engineer for that team has some homework to do but the lead car seems quite quick
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Jul 2003, 05:29 (Ref:651654)   #1449
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was having a talk to the team yesterday and 'overheard' something similar <g>

And yes the new race engineer - better be careful - he is on this forum
Old 4 Jul 2003, 05:37 (Ref:651659)   #1450
TheGspot
Racer

TheGspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A liitle sarcasm Race Time... Is there more to be read into the race engineer comment.