Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Nov 2014, 16:53 (Ref:3479318)   #1426
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
as for arrogance, LH doesn't even come close to being as arrogant as so many other overpaid sports stars and he doesnt even come close to being the most arrogant driver on the grid.

i hate to offend a fellow Canadian (so my apologies F1Pete) but i find it hard to believe that many actually find LH more arrogant then Kimi.

worst part about Kimi is that he probably is actually a really nice guy (they probably all are) but for whatever reason he has decided to cultivate this image of being a total jerk. self preservation for life in the shark tank perhaps.

anyways, all talented athletes are arrogant to a certain degree. an absolute unwavering belief in oneself is a necessary component for achievement in sport.

again, not clear on when being sure of ones self became a bad thing.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3479322)   #1427
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
im in the minority because i really like seeing the drivers' loved ones at the track. i find it humanizing and anti corporate that there are people who get to bring their loved ones to work with them.
work isn't really a place for loved ones. it's a place for working. now granted, there's plenty of drivers who are fortunate enough to be able to bring their friends and family, and who feel they benefit from their presence. but we really don't need to see them on television. i mean, i think bottas' olympic swimmer partner is magnificent, and lewis' brother has a fantastic story that can help open the doors for people looking for some inspiration, but i don't know if we need to see them in race coverage. we watch for the racing, not for the makeup.

though having argued that point i like to see who's dating who, and who's brought their kids along, just not during the race. mini felipe is bloody adorable and his entire family seem really close. but does it have much to do with the actual racing?
Old 27 Nov 2014, 17:03 (Ref:3479324)   #1428
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton's family said after the race that they'd arrived that morning as a surprise, and he didn't know they were there at first.

I can't believe, genuinely cannot believe, that we're picking over whether or not people should go to support their loved ones in a sports event. For the love of $deity, it's bloody ridiculous.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 17:09 (Ref:3479328)   #1429
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nah, we're just bored. there's no political waffling to pick at so we have to pick at that instead
Old 27 Nov 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3479330)   #1430
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
work isn't really a place for loved ones. it's a place for working. now granted, there's plenty of drivers who are fortunate enough to be able to bring their friends and family, and who feel they benefit from their presence. but we really don't need to see them on television. i mean, i think bottas' olympic swimmer partner is magnificent, and lewis' brother has a fantastic story that can help open the doors for people looking for some inspiration, but i don't know if we need to see them in race coverage. we watch for the racing, not for the makeup.

though having argued that point i like to see who's dating who, and who's brought their kids along, just not during the race. mini felipe is bloody adorable and his entire family seem really close. but does it have much to do with the actual racing?
It's got nothing to do with the actual racing but a racing driver with his pretty girlfriend has been a part of the glamour and spectacle of F1 for as long as I've been following the sport and you can bet Bernie loves it for the entertainment value.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3479332)   #1431
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
nah, we're just bored. there's no political waffling to pick at so we have to pick at that instead
exactly
Old 27 Nov 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3479403)   #1432
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
[B]but we really don't need to see them on television
This is very, very true. Seen one anxious expression, seen 'em all.

There should be a channel where all the people who dig the mugs of family members can 'ooh-ahh' at the various poses and gaping mouths whilst the main feed gets uncluttered by such grating interference.

It's there in the tennis and the snooker as well. Drives me bananas.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 22:10 (Ref:3479404)   #1433
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Hamilton's family said after the race that they'd arrived that morning as a surprise, and he didn't know they were there at first.

I can't believe, genuinely cannot believe, that we're picking over whether or not people should go to support their loved ones in a sports event. For the love of $deity, it's bloody ridiculous.
They should each be made to put a bag over their heads.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 22:53 (Ref:3479410)   #1434
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
there's also plenty of journalists who know the person in question and who can interpret their actions accordingly. though knowing the person in question tends to be what stops them creating spurious copy at that friendships expense in the first place
I was just being sarcastic in general. Most sporting journo's are respectful, ethical, and informed, but the ones who aren't........
Old 28 Nov 2014, 03:58 (Ref:3479471)   #1435
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lewis is good for F1. He brings that celebrity link with him, with his toughboy look (hoodies, mohawk, etc) and the big celeb model/singer gf. Without him who would be the media icon? With Button gone, there's not really anyone. Alonso just does his own thing. Vettel dominated for too long and rubbed everyone up the wrong way by being teammate to the much loved Webber.

You open up a Womens Weekly, you won't be seeing Seb or Freds mug in there, but you could see Lewis. So good on him.

For someone in his position, he's probably not as arrogant as he could be. Glad someone bought up Kimi.

Rosberg has the playboy looks and appeal of someone that could reach the mainstream media, but I guess he just doesn't much. He needs to win a title.

I guess that's one area that a series like Nascar pushes a lot more, and Bernie fails out (among many modern day things as he lives under his rock).
Old 28 Nov 2014, 04:01 (Ref:3479474)   #1436
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh as for that journo, sounds like he's just got low self-esteem and didn't like that Lewis thought he was a complete tool (which is what he is) and years later has to continue spouting off about "the look".
Old 28 Nov 2014, 05:21 (Ref:3479491)   #1437
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The article was written by British journalist and rugby columnist Mark Reason who now resides and works in New Zealand!
Maybe so the rest of the world does not have to put up with him. It puzzled me why a newspaper of some reputation and certainly not part of the tabloid gutter press would publish an article such as that.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3479516)   #1438
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There have been suggestions that Lewis deserves a knighthood!

Perhaps a sainthood might be more appropriate.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 08:47 (Ref:3479519)   #1439
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
There have been suggestions that Lewis deserves a knighthood!

Perhaps a sainthood might be more appropriate.
Links to such suggestions as I need a good laugh.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3479525)   #1440
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
bauble's head most probably.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 10:26 (Ref:3479539)   #1441
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Maybe so the rest of the world does not have to put up with him. It puzzled me why a newspaper of some reputation and certainly not part of the tabloid gutter press would publish an article such as that.
You must not have read some of the bile the same paper have written about the English cricket team over the years.

Oh, and the classic piece written on day 2 of the London Olympics laughing at the terrible games the British team were having, and how London 2012 was turning out to be the greatest British flop ever, unlike Sydney etc.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3479543)   #1442
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Sir Lewis Hamilton..hahahaha.

Maybe Albert of Monte Carlo can make Rosberg a baron or something. Even it up a bit.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3479573)   #1443
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
You must not have read some of the bile the same paper have written about the English cricket team over the years.
It was all true
Old 28 Nov 2014, 18:09 (Ref:3479651)   #1444
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
bauble's head most probably.
Damn! I've been rumbled!
Old 29 Nov 2014, 15:36 (Ref:3479923)   #1445
bauble
Veteran

England
Re reading the offending article, and some of the posts since I was wondering, since Lewis is such a nice, polite, thoughtful, genuinely nice chap, why did he not at least say "Thank you!" After all the chap voluntarily helped him try to find his lost ball. In addition when Lewis asked what he should do the chap simply advised him of the options available, and as we know Lewis would never offend anyone, why not smile as a very minimum as a way of acknowledging the assistance?

Oh! I know, he was having an off day, or more likely the journo made the whole thing up. Yes that must be it.

"Slice it how you like, Jeeves, a hellhound is always a hellhound."

Bertie Wooster.
Old 29 Nov 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3479931)   #1446
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bob, give it up, mate. We get the message.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 29 Nov 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3479941)   #1447
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Bob, give it up, mate. We get the message.
Well be fair Sir, responses have been a little on sided so far, I just wish to be fair to all parties.

Sorry to cause doubt John. "Keep the faith sister" John Wayne, Rooster Cogburn.

Now that Rosberg chap ..........

God bless,

Uncle Bob.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3480776)   #1448
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Lewis is good for F1. He brings that celebrity link with him, with his toughboy look (hoodies, mohawk, etc)...
Lewis has as much street cred as a gangster rapper with a college degree.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 16:39 (Ref:3480778)   #1449
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Bram View Post
Lewis has as much street cred as a gangster rapper with a college degree.
Who bloody cares. Jeez there's some serious garbage in here.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 17:02 (Ref:3480791)   #1450
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Who bloody cares. Jeez there's some serious garbage in here.
I agree Ace, thing is we all have our own ideas on what we consider 'garbage'.*

Bauble.

* I suspect some consider much of what I post garbage.