Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 24 Jun 2003, 21:48 (Ref:642012)   #1426
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
10 Races? I really wanna race on the Ring though
Old 25 Jun 2003, 07:06 (Ref:642276)   #1427
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK. I certainly want to race at the Ring (and have done several times, actually). I'm keen on the idea of adding Bathurst and Le Mans Sarthe - good idea. I also like Tony's idea of moving away from the Lotus and Eagle. If we were to drop Papy tracks I would immediately suggest we dump Mosport and Monaco.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 07:30 (Ref:642300)   #1428
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not Mosport! Dump Zandvoort!
Old 25 Jun 2003, 08:48 (Ref:642382)   #1429
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to say, the only track i would want to dump is Mosport. I really enjoyed the Monaco race, and the Zandvoort race. I don't even think either are that hard, sure, they both require some serious commitment, but apart from anything else, i don't think you'll find anyone else very keen to race at Mosport D.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 12:18 (Ref:642574)   #1430
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me, Mosport is by far the most dull race of the original Papy tracks. Of them all, only Road 67 comes close. That race at Mosport felt like it lasted a week.......
Old 25 Jun 2003, 12:46 (Ref:642610)   #1431
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Same. I've done some running there recently, and frankly, i detest it. I hate T9, i hate T2, i hate T4, 5 and Moss. I just don't like it whatsoever.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 12:48 (Ref:642613)   #1432
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm actually shifting between the Ring and Monza at the moment (really chalk and cheese.....). I really want to get the Lotus under 1m28. I'm very close - something like 1m28.023, but I just can't quite get it together - I'm sure I'm losing all my time at the Parabolica.....
Old 25 Jun 2003, 13:00 (Ref:642631)   #1433
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I was just trying to get into the 28's a week or so ago. I can do low 29's in the Lotus, but i think i'm losing so much at Parabolica too. There are times you just plant it so nicely into there, when you just feel the front going into the apex, but from there, it's very hard i find to pick somewhere to get on the gas again. Ideally i try to sweep out right past the edge of that barrier on the exit.

I'm convinced that lap of the ring i was on yesterday was a sub 8m50.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 18:30 (Ref:642935)   #1434
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will let you know in the next few weeks, what is happening,

I plan to do a race at the 'ring as it is the ultimate drivers track. As for everything else, just wait and see.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 20:30 (Ref:643055)   #1435
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I'm really not keen on dropping loads of the papy tracks, just to have some addons and keep to a 10 race limit.
Maybe substituting tracks within countries

Like Rouen>LM Sarthe
Silverstone>Goodwood
Spa>Zolder :-/
Old 25 Jun 2003, 20:38 (Ref:643063)   #1436
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Meanwhile, if we do stick to the 11 Papy tracks (which I accept we may not), I'd suggest the following cars to tracks:-

Kyalami - Cooper
Mexico - Eagle
Monaco - Ferrari
Monza - BRM
Mosport - Honda
Nurburgring - Cooper
Rouen - Lotus
Silverstone - Brabham
Spa - Honda
Watkins Glen - Lotus
Zandvoort - Eagle
Old 25 Jun 2003, 20:44 (Ref:643069)   #1437
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Exactly what i was thinking. Except i put the BRM at Kyalami, and the Cooper at Rouen, and then the Lotus at Monza (i thought it would be nice to have a seriously fast race)
Old 25 Jun 2003, 20:46 (Ref:643073)   #1438
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
That list looks good to me Ayse.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 20:47 (Ref:643074)   #1439
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Nah - we started last season with the Lotus at Monza. You could always have the Eagle there if you want a quick race - its almost as fast (my Eagle pb at Monza is 1m28.288 whereas my Lotus pb is 1m28.023). Then again, the Ferrari isn't much further behind (I'm on 1m28.418).
Old 25 Jun 2003, 20:51 (Ref:643079)   #1440
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, i happy either way. That list looks fine to me
Old 25 Jun 2003, 20:53 (Ref:643081)   #1441
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, has anyone else got any suggestions to throw in Tony's direction?
Old 25 Jun 2003, 20:55 (Ref:643084)   #1442
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I don't think so. I'll just let him get on with organising it now
Old 1 Jul 2003, 12:24 (Ref:648319)   #1443
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Anyone else got any more thoughts on a Nurburgring race? As soon as I can identify when I have some time, I'm going to host one anyway.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 12:58 (Ref:648373)   #1444
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yes, get it underway! ASAP! (though, my connection....)
Old 2 Jul 2003, 07:01 (Ref:649223)   #1445
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Trouble is, it may be at realtively short notice. But I'll post here or in the Praccy races thread when I know I'll have the time.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 21:45 (Ref:672739)   #1446
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys. Forgive me but i cant be bothered to read through the 58 pages to get up to speed, but i would like to join in any ten-tenths races, as i now have suitable internet connections (during the last season my internet had a firewall). if it isnt too much trouble would it be possible to give me a short synopsis of what is planned? cheers.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 21:57 (Ref:672758)   #1447
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
You're just in time ozy, season one is over, but season two will start in a few months time, meaning all the details will be made available shortly. In the mean time here's the web site for the series (although spud hasn't updated it in a while!): http://www.coxocube.force9.co.uk/ten-tenths-gpl/
Old 28 Jul 2003, 07:15 (Ref:672981)   #1448
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good to have you on board ozy. I'd suggest that, if nothing else, you read through the first post in the thread by Tony. We can fill you in on VROC, joining details, passwords when you've got the background.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 21:59 (Ref:673735)   #1449
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
You're just in time ozy, season one is over, but season two will start in a few months time, meaning all the details will be made available shortly. In the mean time here's the web site for the series (although spud hasn't updated it in a while!): http://www.coxocube.force9.co.uk/ten-tenths-gpl/
I really must get round to that... What with busy times at work and broken computer, every thing has gone a perfect pear shape...

Anyway we all know who won..
Old 28 Jul 2003, 22:21 (Ref:673743)   #1450
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
only kidding Spud, if you could get the Mexico replay up that's all I'm really fussed about, but no rush. Always good being busy!