Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 May 2014, 14:21 (Ref:3402859)   #126
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK, thanks, i'll keep an eye out next week.
Old 6 May 2014, 20:09 (Ref:3403035)   #127
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Funny to think this is already the 10th anniversary of Group C's visit as LM support race! 5th race too

I've said this often but by 2004 the newest models allowed to compete could have been just 11 years old... so if we had a Legends race today with machinery from 11 years ago, you'd get Saleen S7Rs that were competing in the main race just 4 years ago In fact with Saleen you could've already done that in 2011 as the model was introduced in 2000, meaning one year gap between racing in 24 Hours and historic race, hehe...
Old 6 May 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3403037)   #128
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Problem with that age gap is that there aren't too many 1990s-early 2000s GT cars that are both in private hands and maintained to be in running condition... at least not that we know of. Ratel's GT revival series for cars of precisely that period (was it last year?) had one race that attracted a grand total of THREE entries.

I think we're overdue for a 1960s-1970s Legends race, from the GT40 and 917 all the way to 935-936-etc.
Old 6 May 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3403039)   #129
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure you could have 20 car ish grid at least for 2000's race... surely there are enough old 996 Porsches and Ferraris and cheap Lolas to fill the grid if not big guns

Ratel has had quite few runs at those revival series and while they have all failed miserably, I dare to say that having a go as one-off support race for world's biggest motor race has a tad better ring to it than racing in front of 7 people in Slovakiaring or wherever

You can get 70's from the LM Classic... though I'd too prefer to have those rather than 1949-1965 or C again. My wish in order of importance
1) 90's GT1 and co
2) Early 2000's
3) 70's
4) Pre-war

49-65 would be better if GT40 was allowed to race, but we live in a world of not being able to hurt anyones feelings I guess

Last edited by Deleted; 6 May 2014 at 20:23.
Old 6 May 2014, 20:22 (Ref:3403042)   #130
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
49-65 would be better if GT40 was allowed to race, but we live in a world of not being able to hurt anyone's feelings I guess
No, it's because 49-65 would mean we'd get the '64-'65-spec GT40s, which weren't... that... reliable...
Old 6 May 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3403044)   #131
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
No, it's because 49-65 would mean we'd get the '64-'65-spec GT40s, which weren't... that... reliable...
Still, it's the official reason stated here
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/le...011-26050.html
'However, the organizers have chosen to ban the Ford GT from the grid “to keep the racing close and competitive”'

Anyway they could just extend it to 69 and maybe axe some of the post-war years off, we've seen it all enough times already

They're probably gonna keep recycling Group C bi-annually till 2100 though
Old 6 May 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3403071)   #132
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
My wish in order of importance
1) 90's GT1 and co
This.

That's all. I dream of seeing some of those cars on track again.

Quote:

They're probably gonna keep recycling Group C bi-annually till 2100 though
Yes. I fear so now. Fabulous cars, but we need to see them pushed, otherwise they are just demonstration laps. I know one or two are, but not enough.
Old 7 May 2014, 00:05 (Ref:3403144)   #133
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really do like the late 90s cars because they're the first cars I ever saw race at Le Mans. But I'm not sure they're iconic enough to warrant a support race. The really special cars from that period won't make it so I don't really see the point. I don't think you'd see many TS020s or 911 GT1s - think more Marcos's, Lolas, Riley & Scots...they don't really resonate with the masses like the D-Types or the 962s. There were a lot of very boring and very slow cars in that period.

We haven't had the pre-war cars for a while now and I really miss them, but I'm more than happy to have the cobwebs blown out from whatever happens at the campsite on the Friday night by a wankel engine blasting past on the Saturday morning.
Old 7 May 2014, 07:10 (Ref:3403208)   #134
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Yes. I fear so now. Fabulous cars, but we need to see them pushed, otherwise they are just demonstration laps. I know one or two are, but not enough.
Totally agree, they need to be raced rather than just driven around, the numbers of cars are growing so perhaps the ACO could choose the cars that entertain to take part wil be good to see the Mazda this year well to be precise to hear it
Old 7 May 2014, 10:56 (Ref:3403292)   #135
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
bring back the cars from the seventies, lots of variation in makes, models and not been in the program before.
Old 7 May 2014, 20:25 (Ref:3403511)   #136
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Confirmed is also a 962 For Derek Bell and Mark Sumpter .
http://derekbell.com/article/derek-r...s-motor-racing
Old 7 May 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3403518)   #137
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Pity i thought he would be driving one of the rothmans porsches
Old 7 May 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3403529)   #138
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are we expecting to see a Rothmans Porsche?
Old 8 May 2014, 06:27 (Ref:3403635)   #139
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Not racing, but surely Porsche will bring one as part of its display run.
Old 8 May 2014, 06:42 (Ref:3403640)   #140
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes.

http://www.groupcracing.com/pages/Rothmans+Porsche
Old 8 May 2014, 06:50 (Ref:3403642)   #141
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Excellent news, they were racing when i first went to Le mans so they will bring back memories
Old 8 May 2014, 10:58 (Ref:3403721)   #142
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
that's what I would like to see, anyone have a newman or canon liveried car available...
Old 8 May 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3403849)   #143
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Wonderful news
Old 8 May 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3403894)   #144
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
that's what I would like to see, anyone have a newman or canon liveried car available...
Skoal Bandit for me would be wonderful.
Old 9 May 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3404045)   #145
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are they allowed to run the Rothmans logos?
Old 9 May 2014, 09:26 (Ref:3404052)   #146
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the Jags still run in full Silk Cut livery. Maybe because it's from the period it is allowed.
Old 9 May 2014, 09:31 (Ref:3404053)   #147
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You're right http://cars.aol.co.uk/2011/10/08/vid...-mans-in-2012/
Old 9 May 2014, 10:54 (Ref:3404084)   #148
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
They should be able to run with historic liveries, I think it was already explained somewhere here before...
Old 9 May 2014, 15:52 (Ref:3404184)   #149
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Theycars are allowed to run in period style as long as that was seen on the cars in that period. The historic F1 race i saw at the spa classic last year was full of JPS marlboro and embassy cars and they looked great
Old 9 May 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3404234)   #150
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
The Cars must run in period Livery !!

All cars must be presented in good cosmetic condition with bodywork correctly painted in
the period livery shown in the Tech Pass. Any bodywork accident damage incurred during an
event must be repaired to a high standard prior to the next outing.