Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Aug 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2749984)   #126
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
The Hybrid Porsche will be in attendance, with a pretty solid driver line up...

http://www.americanlemans.com/primar...cat=news|15189
http://www.roadatlanta.com/news_deta...Token.id=33991

Audi lineup now official too.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2749991)   #127
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
@Down F0rce see http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...21#post2749821
@Fogelhund see http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...73#post2749773
Old 25 Aug 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2750034)   #128
nissangtrfan
Rookie

United States
30 Miles from Road Atlanta
nissangtrfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Updated Speculation List:

LMP1:
2x Peugeot
2x Audi
1x Autocon
1x Intersport
1x Drayson

LMP2:
2x Oak Racing
1x Patron Highcroft
1x Cytosport
1x Dyson Racing
1x Libra Racing

LMC:
10x Oreca

GT1:
1x Atlas Saleen
1x Larbre Saleen

GT2:
2x P&M Corvette
2x Flying Lizard Porsche
2x Risi Ferrari
2x RLR BMW
2x ESM Ferrari
2x RSR Jaguar
2x Robertson Racing Ford GT
1x Falken Tire Porsche

GTH:
1x Porsche AG Hybrid

GTC:
10x Porsche

Total Entries: 51 Entries

Last edited by nissangtrfan; 25 Aug 2010 at 16:45.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 16:36 (Ref:2750037)   #129
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Atlas Saleen look comprehensively damaged after its high speed crash at the Hungaroring, so i wouldn't count that as a definite yet, i also highly doubt LMPC and GTC will be fully subscribed, Libra are now a maybe after there engine blew.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2750039)   #130
nissangtrfan
Rookie

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
The Atlas Saleen look comprehensively damaged after its high speed crash at the Hungaroring, so i wouldn't count that as a definite yet, i also highly doubt LMPC and GTC will be fully subscribed, Libra are now a maybe after there engine blew.
I agree with you on everything but someone here mentioned that Atlas had two cars so I left them on. I believe Libra will make an appearance but not on race day. I hope LMPC and GTC are not fully subscribed that would mean more LMP1-2's and GT's!
Old 25 Aug 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2750115)   #131
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Only if we're going to have more than 52 entries if they are fully subscribed, so I have to disagree.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 22:20 (Ref:2750259)   #132
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The word is not so good as it concerns the Atlas ILMC entry.

L.P.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2750260)   #133
nissangtrfan
Rookie

United States
Will Larbre show up without any competition?
Old 25 Aug 2010, 23:02 (Ref:2750267)   #134
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is an ILMC (ACO) decision it seems, as the ALMS was not allowing any GT-1s unless 4 signed up for the year! And would not let a single outside entry in to chase the auto-entry! We will have to wait and see I guess, if they were ever even signed up for it.(?)

L.P.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 23:47 (Ref:2750284)   #135
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissangtrfan View Post
Will Larbre show up without any competition?
Was Larbre going to show up at all? They havent raced in America for years and even if they raced and won an auto entry they wouldnt be able to use it for next year as entries aren't transferable between classes and there will be no GT1 next year at LM.

That said it would be nice to see Saleen race one more time in the U.S.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 00:13 (Ref:2750294)   #136
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Was Larbre going to show up at all? They havent raced in America for years and even if they raced and won an auto entry they wouldnt be able to use it for next year as entries aren't transferable between classes and there will be no GT1 next year at LM.

That said it would be nice to see Saleen race one more time in the U.S.
Hmm, yes the invitation is (usually) extended for the class in which the team was running. With the ACO axing the class, and it not being a choice of the team to switch classes, per se, who is to say the ACO may not offer it to the team for any class they wish to take up? It is after all solely at the discretion of the ACO, who they extend the invitations to.

L.P.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 01:30 (Ref:2750320)   #137
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Dumas and Rocky and Bernhard are all going to be in the Hybrid, who is going to team up with Graf in the Cytosport Porsche? Surely Porsche doesn't have enough factory drivers left to fill all the GT2 entries as well as the RS Spyder, at least when it comes to experienced prototype drivers.

Last edited by The359; 26 Aug 2010 at 01:39.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 02:00 (Ref:2750329)   #138
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone hearing any rumours of the ACS Express (Davis) Ford GT showing or has that gone quiet?
Old 26 Aug 2010, 02:04 (Ref:2750332)   #139
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
It is after all solely at the discretion of the ACO, who they extend the invitations to.

L.P.
Yes and Larbre know all about that.......
Old 26 Aug 2010, 02:07 (Ref:2750333)   #140
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
If Dumas and Rocky and Bernhard are all going to be in the Hybrid, who is going to team up with Graf in the Cytosport Porsche? Surely Porsche doesn't have enough factory drivers left to fill all the GT2 entries as well as the RS Spyder, at least when it comes to experienced prototype drivers.
Graf, Massen and Gidley.

L.P.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 02:24 (Ref:2750338)   #141
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Yes and Larbre know all about that.......
Yes, Jack does! That is why they have made all of the rounds and should be back in good standing.

L.P.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 02:52 (Ref:2750347)   #142
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Graf, Massen and Gidley.

L.P.
Lucas Luhr, who has extensive RS Spyder experience, is also in the Porsche/Audi fold...

Old 26 Aug 2010, 03:24 (Ref:2750353)   #143
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Jacques Nicolet has re-confirmed 2 Oak Pecarolo P-2s for Petit and 1 for Zhuhai. Here

L.P.
That's awesome! That makes the race weekend for me. Many thanks to the team for bringing the cars over. I get to see a Pesca in person!
Old 26 Aug 2010, 05:57 (Ref:2750385)   #144
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_44 View Post
Lucas Luhr, who has extensive RS Spyder experience, is also in the Porsche/Audi fold...

Graf/Maassen/Luhr would be as strong a combo as anyone else on the track has if you ask me! I almost hope for a Cytosport win/Highcroft DNF at Mosport to make things really interesting going into Petit!
Old 26 Aug 2010, 13:34 (Ref:2750573)   #145
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Graf/Maassen/Luhr would be as strong a combo as anyone else on the track has if you ask me! I almost hope for a Cytosport win/Highcroft DNF at Mosport to make things really interesting going into Petit!
As long as the Cytosport car finishes in front of the Highcroft car at Mosport I think we will have a cracker of a race at Petit. With all of the extra points available for the round and all of the extra cars on track it could really make things interesting, and I can't wait!
Old 27 Aug 2010, 00:29 (Ref:2750861)   #146
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
That's awesome! That makes the race weekend for me. Many thanks to the team for bringing the cars over. I get to see a Pesca in person!
Trust me - you'll enjoy it. Really rams home the point that if a car is quick then you can find beauty in it.

I've long wanted to see a Pescarolo run in the US and after numerous false starts it's great to see it looking like it's going to come together.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2751144)   #147
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Anyone hearing any rumours of the ACS Express (Davis) Ford GT showing or has that gone quiet?
As far as I understand they are busy driving around in circles

Cheers
Old 28 Aug 2010, 01:38 (Ref:2751271)   #148
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
At Elkhart Lake last weekend, the two cars had three drivers listed on their roofs but I didn't pay attention to who the third drivers were. Sorry!
Okay; with the latest shuffle of drivers in #3 and #4, with O'Connell and Gavin swapping cars, the third driver listed on the roof on the #3 is Antonio Garcia and on the #4 it's Emmanuel Collard. Keep in mind I'm at Mosport and this could change again for Petit Le Mans.
Old 28 Aug 2010, 01:42 (Ref:2751272)   #149
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to my source at ALMS, we'll see the entry list for Petit Le Mans next week.
Old 28 Aug 2010, 02:05 (Ref:2751278)   #150
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
According to my source at ALMS, we'll see the entry list for Petit Le Mans next week.
Sounds about right; after the Mosport about a month before PLM...