Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:53 (Ref:3470729)   #126
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
The straightline acceleration of certain LMP1 cars in comparison to others is a alarming....

Audi's look like P2 cars in the straights. What can Audi do to fight back?
Upgrade to an 6MJ-Hybrid-system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Do our world feed commentators receive some sort of medieval banquet in the middle of each race? Just like in Fuji, from the second hour onward, Hindy seems to be constantly chewing on something. Must be good.
That helps to keep the concentration alave - during some 24h races I always have my own menue with me to avoid falling asleep after 20h of writing and running around - works quite well - although not good for your shape
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:58 (Ref:3470730)   #127
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Any other stream besides vipbox? The quality is making it hard to watch.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:01 (Ref:3470731)   #128
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Any other stream besides vipbox? The quality is making it hard to watch.
I'm watching on TV but using the official stream for the ad breaks.

Use deggis' trick of logging in with random details and refreshing the page. Worked for me.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:01 (Ref:3470732)   #129
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
Upgrade to an 6MJ-Hybrid-system?
It is strange to see the Audis slowest in class. I guess they just guessed wrong on the power plant—2 MJ just doesn't cut it and the diesel can't seem to make up for it even with more fuel flow—and apparently Audi is using every bit of its fuel every stint and can't run as far as the Toyotas and Porsches.

I figure the Audis are running high downforce because they are so far down on power and top speed that they might as well run high downforce and gain what they can through the twisty bits—even a low-downforce setup wouldn't overcome what the cars giver up in power and top end.

Audi doesn't usually get it this wrong, and I doubt they would two seasons' running—which means next year ought to be a lot more interesting, with Porsche and Toyota with all-new cars and Audi with a new power system.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:03 (Ref:3470733)   #130
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
Toyotats03OUS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Tf....go the wec website go to the sign up page create an account with fake info,, validate it,,once you do that and it sent you to the pay option page,, without closing that tab ..go to another tab and click the live view in the wec page ,,,and then magic happens
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:10 (Ref:3470735)   #131
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
So just make a new e-mail address and all that?
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:18 (Ref:3470738)   #132
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
Yea,,make up any email,,fake all the info ,then when you go to the other tab and click live on the wec website ,sign in with that fake email and password,, and that's it,,u out are watching the race..
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:20 (Ref:3470741)   #133
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boring race...
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:22 (Ref:3470742)   #134
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
Because audi is not winning?
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:26 (Ref:3470743)   #135
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotats03OUS View Post

Because there isnt much happening in the race?
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:34 (Ref:3470745)   #136
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not the most gripping race ever ... but still a race, with a lot of excellent cars racing. Beats anything on TV and definitely beats sleeping (only because I don't work until much later in the day. Otherwise, I would have to sleep and miss it.)

I can't explain it ... I Like endurance racing. Sometimes the races are decided in the first hour, sometimes won by multiple laps ... but that is alright. The idea that a race isn't interesting unless there is constant door-to-door racing or collisions or whatever ...

Think how many races you have watched in person where you didn't see a single pass, simply because all the overtaking happened at a corner you couldn't see--basically you just watched cars driving by.

Here I don't get the immediate thrill of being trackside but I get to see the whole track, and those beautiful cars, plus the RLM crew is entertaining no matter what.

On top of that, there are the larger pictures ... the various class championships, the past several seasons and the next few seasons and how things have changed and might change ....

On top of that, any error could completely change the complexion of the race.

Endurance racing isn't a sport like football or baseball, where there is a stream of exciting moments (though it sometimes reminds me of some of the recent World Series games, where Bumgarner was acing the opposition--nothing much really happened, but every pitch was interesting.)

I like hockey. I also like curling. I don't want them to be more similar. I like IndyCar, and the occasional sprint car or modified race. I don't want WEC to be just like those races.

I just watched Marc Lieb driving all alone through some sweeping curves ... and I was satisfied just to see that. Not saying that is better or worse than anyone else's feelings, but just trying to explain that endurance racing isn't packed with "exciting action" but that doesn't mean it is boring ... to everyone ...
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:35 (Ref:3470746)   #137
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotats03OUS View Post
Because Toyota is winning...
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:40 (Ref:3470747)   #138
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
hahaha
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:51 (Ref:3470749)   #139
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:52 (Ref:3470750)   #140
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that Ligier is pretty fast...
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:58 (Ref:3470753)   #141
Maelochs
Veteran

Cleared the cache, etc ... and still can't get the link to take me to the chat.

Probabaly best for those folks who are already there ...
Old 2 Nov 2014, 06:59 (Ref:3470754)   #142
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
that Ligier is pretty fast...
We will see many Ligier next year, and the next closed P2 will be good cars too (HPD...)
Old 2 Nov 2014, 07:00 (Ref:3470755)   #143
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
Wurz saying the #7 isn't with 100% of power due to some problem in the car. And that is the reason behind their slower pace.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 07:13 (Ref:3470758)   #144
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I bet for a penalty for the Morgan Ooak 35.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 07:18 (Ref:3470759)   #145
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ederss7 View Post
Wurz saying the #7 isn't with 100% of power due to some problem in the car. And that is the reason behind their slower pace.
Nakajima's first flying lap and he does 1'49.6 when Wurz and Sarrazin never got below 1'50. The car may have a glitch, but it also has a slight driver problem...
Old 2 Nov 2014, 07:27 (Ref:3470762)   #146
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Nakajima's first flying lap and he does 1'49.6 when Wurz and Sarrazin never got below 1'50. The car may have a glitch, but it also has a slight driver problem...
The best lap also depends on the average fuel consumption on three laps. Maybe some pilots drive exactly on the same pace.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 07:31 (Ref:3470764)   #147
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
The best lap also depends on the average fuel consumption on three laps. Maybe some pilots drive exactly on the same pace.
He followed the 49.6 with 50.1 and 49.7. The track is a little faster, but there is no denying that Nakajima is clearly faster than his two teammates and it's certainly not the first time.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 07:32 (Ref:3470765)   #148
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
#97 Aston has an engine failure.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 08:01 (Ref:3470769)   #149
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
Underrated Fassler just set Audi's fastest lap of the race.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 08:06 (Ref:3470772)   #150
Beryl
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ederss7 View Post
Underrated Fassler just set Audi's fastest lap of the race.
New tires and short fill, so not surprising.