Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Feb 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2628591)   #126
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype View Post
• Art. 5.7.4. – Noise level - 112dba measured 15m from the track.
112dba It is only 1 decibel less than last year, but when will they stop.

Quote:
• Art. 6.5 – Amount of Fuel - 90 liters (litres) of fuel maximum.
I thought they were running 90 litre tanks last year?

Quote:
• Art. 14.6 - Temperature inside the cockpit - Max of 32 (90 degrees f)degrees if it less than 32 externally.
Thats the same as last year, isn't it?

Tom.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 16:27 (Ref:2628603)   #127
Blaze92
Rookie

Blaze92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I agree Horndawg. GT2 is the same as last year except for the following:
• Art.2.9 - Telemetry - one way from car to pits.
• Art. 14.6 - Temperature inside the cockpit - Max of 32 (90 degrees f)degrees if it less than 32 externally.
• Art. 19 – Balance of performance - ACO can change weight, fuel tank, restrictor or anything else they see fit to balance performance.

I thought I read something about changes somewhere... it would be better if I had read the Regulations first , well still there's no evidence that the 2010 GT1's will be slower than the GT2's. and in a long track like La Sarthe I believe they would be a good 6 seconds faster than the GT2's
Old 7 Feb 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2628617)   #128
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Quote from Duncan Dayton on DSC suggests a different sponsor for LM
'We're going to be headed to France with new colors in June. We would have loved to fly the Patron flag in the biggest endurance race in the world, but we now have a great opportunity to introduce new marketing partners to a massive international audience'
I'm curious to see who the sponsor will be. I wonder if it will be a sponsor that is new to sportscar racing or just new to the team. I think Target might be a possibility for one of the sponsors, the sponsor plenty of other motorsports in the US, might be a good fit for Duncan.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2628626)   #129
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Does Target operate ourside the US? They only just put store(s) in Hawaii.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2628627)   #130
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'm curious to see who the sponsor will be. I wonder if it will be a sponsor that is new to sportscar racing or just new to the team. I think Target might be a possibility for one of the sponsors, the sponsor plenty of other motorsports in the US, might be a good fit for Duncan.
It's very unlikely it will be Target, or any other "US only" companies. The sponsor they have landed/looking for is international, as Le Mans is a international race.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 17:19 (Ref:2628645)   #131
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is dfi alowed in GT2 in 2010
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2628667)   #132
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I agree Horndawg. GT2 is the same as last year except for the following:
• Art.2.9 - Telemetry - one way from car to pits.
• Art. 19 – Balance of performance - ACO can change weight, fuel tank, restrictor or anything else they see fit to balance performance.
I will repeat, the only difference between the 2009 and 2010 ACO rules for GT-2 is Art. 2.9: 3) Those others you have pointed to apply to FIA cars!
The ACO is very helpful in putting any changes to the rules in red in the body of text, you will notice that the only red is the particular Art. mentioned. If you need further reading material, here are the 2009 rules. It is fairly easy to open the 2 sets next to each other and compare.

L.P.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2628711)   #133
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It's very unlikely it will be Target, or any other "US only" companies. The sponsor they have landed/looking for is international, as Le Mans is a international race.
I agree, it will likely be an international company. the way the press release read it said: ".....but now we have a great opportunity to introduce new marketing partners to a massive international audience"

That kind of reads like it is going to be something that hasn't been advertised globally.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2628811)   #134
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im interested in seeing what Highcroft's livery will be , as alcohol sponsorship is banned in France .

Another bright spark of a rule !!!
They could have used the green/black livery only, but no logos or references to Patron, but as posted it above it will be something completely different!
Old 7 Feb 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2628862)   #135
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone know for sure , if the 3rd driver in P2 must be a gentleman driver , or is that only for the LMS ?
Old 7 Feb 2010, 22:39 (Ref:2628878)   #136
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Does anyone know for sure , if the 3rd driver in P2 must be a gentleman driver , or is that only for the LMS ?
There is nothing that I have found in the ACO rules nor the Le Mans Supp. Regs. about it.
The rule is an LMS 'rules evolution' here

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 7 Feb 2010 at 22:48.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 01:04 (Ref:2628938)   #137
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Lucas Luhr to be the reserve driver for Audi.

L.P.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 08:58 (Ref:2629108)   #138
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
there are some more deserving P2 that I would have wished to have seen . Ones that would probably last , also taking into consideration the small field of P2 this year .
To be honest, when I look at that reserve list, I would say WR are probably there on merit this year.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 13:24 (Ref:2629269)   #139
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Im interested in seeing what Highcroft's livery will be , as alcohol sponsorship is banned in France .

Another bright spark of a rule !!!
hhhmmmm Bruichladdich got away with it a few times...
Old 8 Feb 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2629289)   #140
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Totally true! Maybe if your car is not a front runner they let you slide
Old 8 Feb 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2629296)   #141
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Totally true! Maybe if your car is not a front runner they let you slide
Let me finish that sentence for you.

Totally true! Maybe if your car is not a front runner they let you slide into the wall after being punted off by an Aston Martin.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2629399)   #142
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Yeah , I always wondered about that .

Wasnt it Bruichladdich island water though ..... does that even exist ? Bet the jocks refer to whiskey as water ?
Old 8 Feb 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2629413)   #143
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:

Wasnt it Bruichladdich island water though ..... does that even exist ? Bet the jocks refer to whiskey as water ?
Yes I believe it was 'water'. Which is why I have wondered on this situation when/should it arise and thought that maybe the team would come as Hacienda del Patrón sponsored. As that is a destination/resort and not an alcohol? Maybe it is to closely related, but one would of thought that of the 'water' also.

L.P.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 18:34 (Ref:2629436)   #144
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppelemine View Post
Let me finish that sentence for you.

Totally true! Maybe if your car is not a front runner they let you slide into the wall after being punted off by an Aston Martin.

I'm not quite sure what connection that has to the 'debate'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Lucas Luhr to be the reserve driver for Audi.

L.P.
As a matter of interest, have they named a reserve driver in years past? They may have - I just don't remember it.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2629442)   #145
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:

And yes it is real, I remember a piece done on it (DSC I believe). It is the only source of water used for The Sophisticated Islay Single Malt.

L.P.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2630004)   #146
The Badger
Veteran

Collard to race for Corvette !!!

How come ArcBratislava are selling the Kaneko LC70 ?!?!!? ..... possibily the agent ?
Old 9 Feb 2010, 18:26 (Ref:2630060)   #147
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

How come ArcBratislava are selling the Kaneko LC70 ?!?!!? ..... possibily the agent ?
Because it is Miro's car
Old 9 Feb 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2630069)   #148
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Where's that news from?
Old 9 Feb 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2630078)   #149
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Where's that news from?
Sorry , I missed that bit .

Its from racingcars24.de , via mariantic .

I got the heading from Mariantic .
Old 9 Feb 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2630082)   #150
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Where's that news from?
Its from Corvette Racing.

(see quote below)

L.P.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 9 Feb 2010 at 19:34.