Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3253444)   #126
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder how much the 1000Km of testing helped with that win.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:23 (Ref:3253445)   #127
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
I wonder how much the 1000Km of testing helped with that win.
I am thinking a lot unfortunately.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3253446)   #128
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they should have never let Perez pass Alonso

Perez was dive bombing

much to dangerous at this track as he proved later
Old 26 May 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3253447)   #129
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
1983 Keke.

2013 Nico.

It's beautiful.
Just great !
Old 26 May 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3253448)   #130
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Perez is an absolute mess. His tactic appeared to be stuff it into the chicane and hope race control gave him a wave through. Wonderful to see his race ended, shame he took someone else with him.
Agree with that but fortunately Kimi still got points.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:26 (Ref:3253450)   #131
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New Mayor in Monaco - Nicco

What a race.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:29 (Ref:3253451)   #132
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who would have thought that 30 years later another Rosberg would win at Monaco. I watched the '83 race.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:29 (Ref:3253452)   #133
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I am thinking a lot unfortunately.
I'm thinking the same thing, they both went 30 laps to start on super softs after tearing tires up all season?? Brawn can claim the tires were coded and not labeled soft, super soft, etc but to think F1 engineers couldn't figure out what tires were on the car is utter bs and disrespectful of your fans. It's not long before the result is gone and all focus is on Red Bull's protest. I'm thinking the FIA will deny or dismiss their protest but it will just feel sour to me if Mercedes keeps being gentle on tires the rest of the season.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3253453)   #134
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We ain't seen the last of this Mercedes tire situation...
Old 26 May 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3253454)   #135
GTE
Rookie

Netherlands
GTE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Perez is an absolute mess. His tactic appeared to be stuff it into the chicane and hope race control gave him a wave through. Wonderful to see his race ended, shame he took someone else with him.

Vettel token collecting.

The stewards of the race are to blame as well by deciding Perez had a rightful claim to Alonso's position when he put in a pass that would have lead to a collision if Alonso hadn't opt for cutting the chicane (for as much as strictly needed).
Old 26 May 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3253456)   #136
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'm thinking the same thing, they both went 30 laps to start on super softs after tearing tires up all season?? Brawn can claim the tires were coded and not labeled soft, super soft, etc but to think F1 engineers couldn't figure out what tires were on the car is utter bs and disrespectful of your fans. It's not long before the result is gone and all focus is on Red Bull's protest. I'm thinking the FIA will deny or dismiss their protest but it will just feel sour to me if Mercedes keeps being gentle on tires the rest of the season.
All season? The last two seasons!
Old 26 May 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3253457)   #137
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTE View Post
The stewards of the race are to blame as well by deciding Perez had a rightful claim to Alonso's position when he put in a pass that would have lead to a collision if Alonso hadn't opt for cutting the chicane (for as much as strictly needed).
If there had been Armco or even a wall there, instead of a run off area, Perez would never have been able to make those moves.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:38 (Ref:3253458)   #138
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Going into the race, wern't people saying Monaco is easier on tires? It's not like Mercedes was the only team shredding tires this season. I'm thinking this will be a one time thing until Pirielli fixes the tire issues. Even still, Mercedes imo deserves better tires given their qualifying runs.

decent race, Perez was a little too risky there on Kimi but I think if Kimi didn't come down, he would have still held the position. As it stands, they both didn't do too well.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:44 (Ref:3253463)   #139
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice win for Rosberg, good race for Vettel too, I'm happy he prooved at the end how they've all been lapping more than 2 seconds slower than the real pace to preserve this useless tyres.
Poor Kimi, he didn't deserve that...
And Alonso beeing overtaken by 3 cars it this track having one of the best cars was unexpected, poor performance today.
Perez and Grosjean should stop this nonsense, it's just ridiculous.
Vergne and Di Resta finishing in the points, great showing.

As was expecting a boring race, so it wasn't that bad overall.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3253471)   #140
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Perez was just trying to make things happen, he may have pushed hat too far, but he's not like RoGro or Maldonado.

You can make things happen, watch things happen, or wonder what happened.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:57 (Ref:3253472)   #141
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter185 View Post
Perez was just trying to make things happen, he may have pushed hat too far, but he's not like RoGro or Maldonado.

You can make things happen, watch things happen, or wonder what happened.

you're from the same state as me lol..

I agree to an extent but that gap was so small, there was no way the pass would stick even if Kimi stayed wide.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:58 (Ref:3253474)   #142
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was good to see Perez being racy, but I think most if not all of his moved required a huge amount of faith that the other guy was going to cooperate and allow it to happen. For example his pass on Button. I think it didn't end in tears mostly because Button worked harder to prevent a collision than did Perez. I saw much smoother and elegant passes by others who were fighting for 5th and 6th position. Perez on the other hand forced each pass or pass attempt and paid the ultimate price. I just don't think Monico is the place to drive like that.

Congratulation to Nico for a great drive and win!

Richard
Old 26 May 2013, 15:04 (Ref:3253476)   #143
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The commentators and stewards both need to rethink, Crash Bandicoot Perez, needs to realy think, Could have casue a copule of major accidents yet , one attempt at passing is gifted, then the next he gets stroppy with Kimi, when clearly he arrrived late, as for Brain fade taken out Daniel, how do these guys get superlicence, Woke up this morning, hey I'Ll drive F1, both should have a meeting off to think about their skill level.

Well done to Nicco.
Old 26 May 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3253479)   #144
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
I've noticed a few connecticuters on the forums lol

Perez seems to have a tendency to get a bit over eager and try silly things, but I don't believe he's inherently a dangerous driver. The gusto he has is going go make him a top driver if mclaren gets their car on pace. His discretion will get better.

On a track that's hard to pass, any gap seems big enough to fit through.
Old 26 May 2013, 15:15 (Ref:3253482)   #145
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter185 View Post
I've noticed a few connecticuters on the forums lol

Perez seems to have a tendency to get a bit over eager and try silly things, but I don't believe he's inherently a dangerous driver. The gusto he has is going go make him a top driver if mclaren gets their car on pace. His discretion will get better.

On a track that's hard to pass, any gap seems big enough to fit through.
I think the thing with Perez is he's the number 2 driver but he's managed to get something out of the under performing McLaren, while Button is struggling and as a result Perez is trying to prove to the team he's the better driver. Unfortunately his 'enthusiasm' got the better of him today.
Old 26 May 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3253483)   #146
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I think the thing with Perez is he's the number 2 driver but he's managed to get something out of the under performing McLaren, while Button is struggling and as a result Perez is trying to prove to the team he's the better driver. Unfortunately his 'enthusiasm' got the better of him today.
I agree. His discretion this season hasn't always been the best, and cost him finishing the race today. He tries to take it to 11, hits 12, and gets 0. I think he's the best of the mclaren drivers right now given the car, he just needs to dial it back a bit so he doesn't ruin his race.
Old 26 May 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3253484)   #147
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Perez needs to calm down, completely ruined Kimi's result today!
Old 26 May 2013, 15:32 (Ref:3253490)   #148
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
He is not a rookie anymore, I'm happy with drivers trying hard, but today he crossed the line a little bit IMO.
I understand what he wants to achieve, Button is struggling and he's smelled blood. He is a brave man, but he should calm down just a little bit.
Old 26 May 2013, 15:42 (Ref:3253493)   #149
f1bettings
Rookie

f1bettings should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perez will get better and learn but he isn't learning the way Grosjean is learning through crashes.

But good on Nico Rosberg to win. Makes you wonder if Vettel could have closed the gap at the end.

Old 26 May 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3253502)   #150
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If there had been Armco or even a wall there, instead of a run off area, Perez would never have been able to make those moves.
If there had been Armco or a wall there then the drivers would take the corner with nowhere near the amount of speed they do today. Actually, the whole entry to the corner would change and taking away any chance of making an overtake. It would be much more like Swimming Pool if there was a barrier there or if it was moved closer to the apex.

Last edited by beau1; 26 May 2013 at 16:17.