Rookie

kpm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pathetic stomach churning ban ferrari now before its too late
Old 12 May 2002, 14:45 (Ref:283452)   #127
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
f1manoz's signature

'Don't you wish instead of mirrors you had 50-calibre machine guns' - George Carlin
f1manoz, very apt signature you've got there - i bet Rubens is thinking this right now.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 12 May 2002, 14:45 (Ref:283454)   #128
Lazarus
Rookie

Lazarus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by crazystu
I agree with you all but................. didn't the FIA issue a directive "banning team orders" ?????
They'll just add some new innovative technology to rubens's car which blows his engine or something... oh sorry, I think they already did...maybe it wasn't working in this race
Old 12 May 2002, 14:46 (Ref:283455)   #129
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael should NOT have passed Rubens even though he was told to do so by Todt and Brawn. He has the neccesary pull in the team to be able to get away with disobeying a team order. He's probably the only driver on the grid who has the power to do that if he wanted to.

He didnt and when he wins the title this season - people will not talk about all the terrific races he drove in 2002 but rather on how he stole Rubens Barrichelo's well deserved win in Austria.

Michael should share the blame bit like I said elsewhere the major blame lies with Ferrari and they have lost a lot of fans today.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:48 (Ref:283460)   #130
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Bart said previously, even Ralf looked pretty ****ed off at the end and I don't think he even shook big Bro's hand at the end?

I'm sure someone remembers, but wasn't a new law introduced by the FIA to stop this happening after Coulthard let Hakkinen past in Aus?

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 12 May 2002, 14:48 (Ref:283462)   #131
Ferrari Girl
Rookie

Ferrari Girl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a Ferrari fan. Always have been, always will be.

I'm a Michael fan, and always will be.

However, I'm not a fan of the decision the team took today.
Michael had nothing to do with this, he said it was Ruben's race.

I will say no more, It's not worth arguing about when two drivers could have been seriously injured today. I will not insult the Michael haters, I won't even have a go at you.

It's not sodding worth it. I'm just fed up of having to defend Michael everytime the Michael-haters have something to say.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:49 (Ref:283464)   #132
Piquet
Racer

Piquet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz is right - we must all e-mail /write/ whatever it takes to all the sports channels / magazines etc. - SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE & It looks like its up to the fans to do it !!

I've already mailed ITV & BBC - I tried to comment on ferrari's website, but u have to become a member first & right now the name Ferrari is giving me blood pressure - so I didn't !!
Old 12 May 2002, 14:51 (Ref:283469)   #133
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Girl

It's not sodding worth it. I'm just fed up of having to defend Michael everytime the Michael-haters have something to say.
ferrari girl, please don't take this as having a go at you at all, but, if ferrari and tgf didn't keep putting themselves in these positions then you wouldn't have to defend them!
Old 12 May 2002, 14:51 (Ref:283470)   #134
kpm
Rookie

boycot ferrari products from now on , flags t shirts etc cant afford a ferrari any way!
Old 12 May 2002, 14:52 (Ref:283472)   #135
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV's Call on this -- Read to the bottom.

SCHUMACHER WINS A1-RING FARCE
2002-05-12 15:18:00

In race that will go down as the most disgraceful manipulation of a result of a grand prix in the sport's history Michael Schumacher was handed today's Austrian Grand Prix by Rubens Barrichello.

The Brazilian had the measure of his four-times world champion team-mate all weekend. After leading from start-to-finish, despite strong pressure from Schumacher, Barrichello looked to have the race in the bag - that is until the final 50 yards.

The Brazilian throttled back and waived Schumacher past in the run up to the line in a carbon copy of last year's Austrian debacle where Barrichello did the same thing. However, then it was only for second place. This time it was for a victory.

Ferrari should be called to answer for their actions by the sport's governing body the FIA. However, perhaps we should not hold our breath...

Juan-Pablo Montoya fended off his team-mate Ralf Schumacher for the final podium position. The race was disrupted by two safety-car periods, the second caused by a sickening incident when Nick Heidfeld t-boned Takuma Sato's Jordan at around 100mph after he lost control of his Sauber in the entry to the second corner.

Fortunately despite initial fears the Japanese appears to have escaped without injury.

Full report to follow...

Click here to buy a poster of this image or to see more great Ferrari images online
Click here for Ferrari merchandise.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:53 (Ref:283474)   #136
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think so.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:53 (Ref:283477)   #137
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher says he didn't know anything about the whole scheme until it happened.
Do you believe him?
Old 12 May 2002, 14:54 (Ref:283478)   #138
unofficialf3000
Racer

unofficialf3000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just posted at the BBC site, and this other comment pretty much sums it up:

A great driver would never act in the way that Schumacher did - he would speak up against the team and let the best man win.
Leo, Brazil

Last edited by unofficialf3000; 12 May 2002 at 14:56.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:55 (Ref:283483)   #139
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how are you so sure, ferrari girl, that TFG had nothing to do with it???
at the same time they told rubens to slow down, they wouldve been telling TFG what was going on!!!!
Old 12 May 2002, 14:55 (Ref:283484)   #140
Lazarus
Rookie

Lazarus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
doesn't Schumacher have a contract that says that his team mate must move over? didn't he negotiate that clause?
Old 12 May 2002, 14:56 (Ref:283485)   #141
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear TGF,

I think I hate you.I was bearing with this for ten years

I saw this petition on line,my friend has sent me the link http://www.petitiononline.com/goaway/petition.html
Old 12 May 2002, 14:56 (Ref:283486)   #142
Liz
Veteran

I would advise him not to hold his breath until he gets respect for what he did today.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:57 (Ref:283488)   #143
kpm
Rookie

It was better when ferrai was **** and not able to manipulate races, lets hope they return to the great days at the middle of the grid and at the side of the track with mechanical failures.
Old 12 May 2002, 15:00 (Ref:283495)   #144
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm disgusted, appalled and shocked and I'm a Ferrari fan.

I cannot believe that this has been done. The PR is gonna be hugely against them, the sponsors will probably get bad press and will moan too. Ross Brawn didnt make the best choice of words after the race, even if they were the truth.

Bernie won't be happy that the fans are booing either. He may rake it in, but the extent of the booing is significant.

Michael shouldn't have passed Rubens but I believe his words to be genuine. He admitted to playing a role last year but not this time.

Great to see Montoya congratulating Rubens as opposed to Michael in parc ferme and the look on Ralfs face said it all.

Ferrari, you have made a HUGE mistake.

And should the same happen at Monaco, then I'd be shocked if they made Rubens move over again. That must surely be too much, even for Ferrari after todays reaction.
Old 12 May 2002, 15:03 (Ref:283502)   #145
jimyed
Rookie

jimyed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boycott Shell

I think that the only way to stop this kind of garbage is to hurt The teams where they live. The Bank. Shelll is ferraris only sponser who are active in Canada where I live so I will be boycotting them from now on.( I almost always buy my fuel from shell and they usally do my oil changes). Until race fans make this kind effort I have no hope that F1 will return to the top level it needs to. The FIA will certainly not take any action .
Old 12 May 2002, 15:03 (Ref:283503)   #146
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"the team's ambition is to win the championship and we have to secure this because you never know what's going to happen in the next race. At the end of the day the decision comes from Ferrari. The team is investing a lot of money for one target. Imagine in the end if we lost the championship by this amount of points - how stupid would we look?" quoth TGF

er... a one-two for Ferrari is the same amount of points whether TGF or RB comes in front!
Old 12 May 2002, 15:07 (Ref:283509)   #147
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A petition against Michael Schumacher

This is what a friend of mine sent to me.He doesn't know us,he doesn't visit this forum but he told me to ask you guys about this.I am sorry to people who still love Michael after all and I hope I won't get banned because I am not rude.I am just passing the link.

http://www.petitiononline.com/nocheat/petition.html
Old 12 May 2002, 15:07 (Ref:283510)   #148
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was discusting. I feel so sorry for Rubens.

I also think that schumachers antics on the podium was quite rude and not in the spirit of the sport (that is giving Rubens his awards. Schumi is a great thinker so if he did not want to take the win he should have also slowed down on the finish straight.
Old 12 May 2002, 15:07 (Ref:283511)   #149
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I never post on the F1 forum and I don't watch the racing much but I did catch the end of today's race and I was swearing away at the telly and had to come on here and join in!

What a pile of pants!

Team orders should not be allowed and penalties should be put in place to stop them!
Old 12 May 2002, 15:07 (Ref:283513)   #150
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't stop there, BOYCOTT EVERYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH F1!!!

If you have digital, you are the largest supporter of F1. What you saw today is what you are supporting!

Don't even think of buying any F1 merchandise, and if you already have something Ferrari or general F1 merchandise consider putting a patch on it.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Closed Thread