Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 28 Mar 2009, 05:46 (Ref:2426654)   #126
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
EJ saying confuser instead of diffuser. We have our James Allen replacement!
Old 28 Mar 2009, 05:48 (Ref:2426655)   #127
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
EJ saying confuser instead of diffuser. We have our James Allen replacement!
Under the circumstances I think he was right on the money
Old 28 Mar 2009, 05:49 (Ref:2426656)   #128
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
40 minutes in and no adverts!
I'd be surprised if there are any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
as for suggestions they should have used old footage in the title sequence, absolutely not. this is coverage of THIS season, not a retro look at past seasons. so far they've used the old footage well to relate modern stuff to the old days without going overkill.

and i would assume they don't have the rights to show the itv years in the same way itv couldn't show old bbc footage, and let's face it, with itv in trouble they're not exactly going to relinquish the rights for peanuts.
They've already shown clips from races that were on ITV, so they must have some kind of rights to them. Just because it's this season doesn't mean that they shouldn't have some opening credits that suit the sport and the music - F1 has history, they should be using it!
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 28 Mar 2009, 05:49 (Ref:2426657)   #129
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
EJ saying confuser instead of diffuser.
He's just a bit diffused at this hour of the morning
Old 28 Mar 2009, 05:51 (Ref:2426658)   #130
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's only the opening credits and it was way better than anything ITV made in over a decade. My only complaint was the car sounds over the music and the music re-loop at the end but this is major league nit-picking.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 05:51 (Ref:2426659)   #131
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
They've already shown clips from races that were on ITV, so they must have some kind of rights to them.
I imagine that the BBC would obtain the rights for these clips from FOM, rather that ITV.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 05:54 (Ref:2426660)   #132
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
One major flaw - no adverts mean I've not found an opportunity to go and make breakfast yet
Old 28 Mar 2009, 05:55 (Ref:2426661)   #133
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
EJ has just put DC in the Senna and Schumacher bracket. That's it. I'm done with BBC.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 05:56 (Ref:2426662)   #134
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Did Legard just say Formula None?

James, is that you?

Before I am attacked, Legard is top notch.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 05:59 (Ref:2426664)   #135
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pardon my ignorance but is this "Chain" of which you speak, is it the Fleetwood Mac song of the late 70's?
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:00 (Ref:2426665)   #136
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That is correct bestfit, specifically the bassy outro bitty thingumabob.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:01 (Ref:2426667)   #137
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
Legard is top notch.
He's no John Hindhaugh
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:02 (Ref:2426668)   #138
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I totally agree, he isn't like scraping your nails down a chalkboard.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:06 (Ref:2426669)   #139
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That is correct bestfit, specifically the bassy outro bitty thingumabob.
Makes sense now. Thanks
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:06 (Ref:2426670)   #140
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well atleast Legard doesn't seem like he is going to have a heart attack everytime someone is about to finish a lap ala James.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:23 (Ref:2426697)   #141
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp View Post
One major flaw - no adverts mean I've not found an opportunity to go and make breakfast yet
End of Q1. Go now, run!!!
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:26 (Ref:2426702)   #142
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Did Legard just say Formula None?

James, is that you?
We thought it was Formula Long...

Bless, fluffing your first ever sentence on TV commentary of F1. He probably practised it in the mirror a million times too!
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:28 (Ref:2426704)   #143
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit View Post
Pardon my ignorance but is this "Chain" of which you speak, is it the Fleetwood Mac song of the late 70's?
Yes, or rather when the bass starts late in the song. That is the BBC F1 Intro music which we brits all know and love.

Edit:! Damn pages
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:28 (Ref:2426705)   #144
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha.

tough job for the commentators, this qually is a mess!
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:31 (Ref:2426709)   #145
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Interesting on-screen graphic showing the KERS charge, and when the boost is being used.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:34 (Ref:2426714)   #146
OSTKURVE
Rookie

United States
Los Angeles
OSTKURVE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BBC One's Live Qualifying Feed

Anybody else have this problem?
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:37 (Ref:2426721)   #147
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
TSN coverage is as per BBC except when Lee Mac interviewed Lewis, they stayed with FOM cameras. Give TSN credit, in Q1, they didnt take an ad break.

good old internet, being able to watch the BBC feed while TSN is on break...alledgely
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:38 (Ref:2426723)   #148
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My guess is its restricted to UK IP addresses.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:43 (Ref:2426736)   #149
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

We are sorry for the break in this programme and are trying to correct the fault...

Bring back ITV
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:50 (Ref:2426746)   #150
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
is it me, or is EJ a bit of a toss, arguing with DC all the time.