Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 29 Jul 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2510885)   #126
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Ralf?
Old 29 Jul 2009, 16:53 (Ref:2510888)   #127
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Ralf?
Have you been ill ?
Old 29 Jul 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2510892)   #128
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He's an established driver and he's on the market. I didn't say whether he was any good or not
Old 29 Jul 2009, 17:11 (Ref:2510910)   #129
kartracer41
Racer

United States
Michigan, USA
kartracer41 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sillier and sillier by the minute.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 18:00 (Ref:2510980)   #130
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The news about BMW is disappointing. Heidfeld is still a good driver and should interest the new teams in particular - but Kubica is better still and will have the big teams salivating at the prospect of having him in their line-up.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2511076)   #131
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy View Post
The news about BMW is disappointing. Heidfeld is still a good driver and should interest the new teams in particular - but Kubica is better still and will have the big teams salivating at the prospect of having him in their line-up.
Heidfeld would've been a good choice for Ferrari for the few races had they not plumped for Schuey, so that I fear is the end of Nick's F1 career.

I'm not so sure that anyone will be 'salivating' over Robert. Fine driver he is, he's not exactly enderred himself to his current team or arguably others by constantly complaining about his equipment.

He ought to take a leaf out of JB's book (2005-2008) of how to put on a brave face and keep close counsel when things aren't going to plan.

The mooted Renault possibility is a good one for him, Carlos Ghosn and the sponsors may like it and he'll be a good yardstick for Grosjean.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 20:36 (Ref:2511159)   #132
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
This is assuming that there's no great rescue of BMW's operations as there was with Honda's. Was Kubica contracted for next season? If so, would he still be under contract if some other organisation took over the BMW team?

In any case, I think Heidfeld was on his bike at the end of this year - he'd probably do quite well for one of the new teams to bring some experience in, but I can't really see what an established team would want with him.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 30 Jul 2009, 00:16 (Ref:2511317)   #133
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
To be fair, there were plenty of established drivers on the market already - Sato, Davidson, Klien, Liuzzi, Ralf, and now Bourdais and probably soon Piquet. And Heidfeld was always likely to be on the market

Oh yes, and don't forget: VILLENEUVE

Sorry guys, I couldn't help it.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 00:18 (Ref:2511319)   #134
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
This is assuming that there's no great rescue of BMW's operations as there was with Honda's. Was Kubica contracted for next season? If so, would he still be under contract if some other organisation took over the BMW team?

In any case, I think Heidfeld was on his bike at the end of this year - he'd probably do quite well for one of the new teams to bring some experience in, but I can't really see what an established team would want with him.

Kubica signed a new contract for BMW a couple of days ago. But now, it's maybe a whole new story. If I was Flavio, I would get him in Nelsinho's car starting at Valencia!
Old 30 Jul 2009, 12:11 (Ref:2511604)   #135
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kubica is offically 'on the market'.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77430
Old 30 Jul 2009, 15:12 (Ref:2511722)   #136
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Kubica can easily end up at McLaren. Good friends with Hamilton or maybe even Toyota unless the team survives under new leadership.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2511818)   #137
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
Kubica can easily end up at McLaren. Good friends with Hamilton or maybe even Toyota unless the team survives under new leadership.
I'd love to see that -- Kubica deserves a great ride because his talent merits it -- He may even be able to give Lewis a run for his money.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2511912)   #138
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica to Renault???
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 21:09 (Ref:2511949)   #139
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut7 View Post
Kubica to Renault???
It has been rumoured, according to Sir James of Allen. Plus he tested for them in 2006

Old 30 Jul 2009, 21:32 (Ref:2511961)   #140
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
When asked who is the best driver in the World, Alonso always answers Kubica...
Old 30 Jul 2009, 21:39 (Ref:2511966)   #141
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
By the way,

Robert speaks flawless Italian, since he has lived in Italy many years for his karting career. He is like family to Italians.

Fiat builds a lot of cars in Poland.

Ferrari is owned by Fiat.

Kimi will probably retire at the end of the season.

Everything seems to add up...
Old 30 Jul 2009, 22:13 (Ref:2511990)   #142
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Ferrari won't get rid of Massa as well as Kimi, not after all he's been through. That would be a PR disaster
Old 30 Jul 2009, 22:31 (Ref:2511999)   #143
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo View Post
By the way,

Robert speaks flawless Italian, since he has lived in Italy many years for his karting career. He is like family to Italians.

Fiat builds a lot of cars in Poland.

Ferrari is owned by Fiat.

Kimi will probably retire at the end of the season.

Everything seems to add up...
A case of 2 + 2 = 5
Old 31 Jul 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2512333)   #144
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Kimi may switch to rallying in 2011 !

“It all depends on which way F1 is going. Nobody is exactly sure how it will be. I am in no hurry; I have at least one year to make my mind up.”

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=46527

Which begs the question: Where the bloody hell is Alonso going ! ?
Old 31 Jul 2009, 15:01 (Ref:2512513)   #145
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
in order of probability:
kubica has no team
alonso may go to ferrari
Kimi may retire
Massa *may* not recover
Villeneuve is making noises

when was the last time we had 5 championship level drivers (ie have or could have won without a huge stretch of imagination) with question marks on their future?

The team bosses must be happy - this is a buyers market if ever I saw one.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2512596)   #146
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Not to mention the fact that Schumacher might enjoy driving these cars and being competitive might extend his driving onto 2010.

On another note. Has anyone heard anything about Manor GP?
Old 31 Jul 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2512607)   #147
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewolf View Post
I'd love to see that -- Kubica deserves a great ride because his talent merits it -- He may even be able to give Lewis a run for his money.
Which is probably why he's unlikely to rock up at McLaren anytime while Lewis is still their star man...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 1 Aug 2009, 02:51 (Ref:2512916)   #148
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo View Post
When asked who is the best driver in the World, Alonso always answers Kubica...
Well he is just about to get a reality check...
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2513079)   #149
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
A case of 2 + 2 = 5
Quite....

As I had posted only a few posts back, the Kubica - Flavio GP (Renault) link is the most likely.

Also Kubica isn't the only driver who speaks fluent Italian, but just speaking the lingo isn't an obvious factor in a team's selection courageous!

Ferrari's line up is all done and dusted afaiac, the only unconfirmed bit is when Felipe will be back, or whether they will actually having to be entering a 3rd car......
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2513085)   #150
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Ferrari's line up is all done and dusted afaiac, the only unconfirmed bit is when Felipe will be back, or whether they will actually having to be entering a 3rd car......
Kimi says that he's not moving to WRC until 2011 at the earliest.Massa we assume will be at Ferrari in 2010 too.Third cars will probably not be necessary.

Is that what you mean by "done and dusted" ?
Closed Thread